Author Topic: Take a wild guess....  (Read 3557 times)

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2004, 08:33:30 PM »
Gsholz.....

You are missing some of my points....this is where I wish we had a phone or could discuss this over a beer!

Ok here goes...

If you think the US invaded Iraq because Hussein was a bad man then you're fooling yourself.

I am not fooling myself...this is just one of the reasons that the coalition went into Iraq.

The African continent is littered with the corpses of the victims of far more evil men than Hussein, and those nations would require far less resources to deal with then Iraq did. If you think you were there on some crusade to liberate the Iraqis from Hussein then I'm afraid you have been duped.

Have not been duped.....I agree there are evil men in Africa and all over the world....HOWEVER, Ill be honest in my opinion here, those individuals were not in the US's interest.  My opinion only.

Bottom line, the US does not have the right to police the world.

I agree with you, but there are times when men and nations need to stand up and do something....I am proud that the US has stood up in places where others may not have.  I am positive that there are people who dont agree with this but I am also positive that there are people that do.

If Iraq was an imminent threat to US national security then it would have had the right to deal with Iraq. Now that it is pretty clear that Iraq in no way was a threat to the US it is also pretty clear that the US led invasion was illegal according to international law and the treaties which the US have signed. It is now equally clear that no treaty signed by the US can be trusted. I don't blame nations like North Korea for wanting WMD. After what you did to Iraq it is clear that mutual assured destruction is the only way to protect against US aggression.

I am sorry you feel that way.  I feel just the opposite though.  I do feel that the administration felt that there was an imminent threat from Iraq and they dealt with Iraq as such.

I am also VERY sorry to hear that you feel that countries should resort to MAD.

You have very strong opinions my friend as do I.  I will not change yours and you will not change mine.  I can say this....I am proud to live in this great nation of mine.  Things may not be perfect at all times but I am proud to be an American.  Having lived all over this globe and travelled to many places I must say I would want to be in no other place.

I will agree to disagree with you.  I would also like to be able to sit down with you and have a beer....hopefully this world will NEVER come to a point where that is impossible to do.

Thanks for your sympathies I do appreciate them.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2004, 09:56:43 PM »
Yeah....Ill take you up on that.....but promise me one thing......

We get some of that good EUROPEAN Beer!  Good German or English stuff would suit me just fine!

I was up your way back in 2001 in July time frame sitting alert up in Iceland.....not that far away and infact we did some flying up north!

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2004, 10:33:54 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Bottom line, the US does not have the right to police the world. If Iraq was an imminent threat to US national security then it would have had the right to deal with Iraq.  Now that it is pretty clear that Iraq in no way was a threat to the US it is also pretty clear that the US led invasion was illegal according to international law and the treaties which the US have signed.  It is now equally clear that no treaty signed by the US can be trusted.  Only time will tell if the graves of your fallen comrades will be tainted with the same stigma as those of countless other soldiers throughout history that fought on the wrong side.

Re-reading this thread makes me realize that ALL of us have our personal beliefs and perceptions, and they are very different.  I don't view this discourse as constructive anymore as it is quite clear that our original perspective is different and unwavering.  GS clearly thinks that America is an Aggressive War Mongering country and will not be swayed by anything anyone here says...  Those of us on the other side of the argument are equally passionate and feel that those countries that didn't join us in the "War on Terrorism" chose the other side.

GS, I'd also ask that you keep the gloves up...  Cheap shots like your Hitler/BigMax comparison only make enemies of people who shouldn't be...

Who wins this argument...............?

-No one!, So I agree to disagree.

---------------------------------------------------
Wow.. looks like three posts since I started this one....  And my idea "agree to disagree" comment is no longer original.  Dang you guys are quick.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 10:38:18 PM by BigMax »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2004, 10:58:28 PM »
GS, you forgot the France's Main Weapon System.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2004, 11:18:51 PM »
infuriate so many potential enemies, and increase the support of anti-US terrorism world wide in such a short time as your current administration.

Yes yes, we should coddle and appease potential enemies.  I mean, Chamberlain had much success with this approach, shouldn't Bush?

Bottom line, the US does not have the right to police the world.

Yes we do.  As the most powerful nation in the world, we have the right to do whatever we damned well please.  Cry about us not having the "right" all you want.  I mean, other than cry, what can an impotent anti-american do?  Oh ya.. hey.. go blow up some civilians!!!

I will no doubt read it soon:  GCholz, impotent homicide bomber.

Take it!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2004, 11:22:04 PM »

Cloth seats? Pfffft, cheapskates....

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2004, 01:25:36 AM »
"that those countries that didn't join us in the "War on Terrorism" chose the other side. "
My countrymen  are dieing to this day in the war on terror in Afganistan. My countrymen died by the hundereds on 9/11. The planes you were affraid to have in your skies went to canada instead on 9/11.
I myself have stood beside US service men all over this world.
Now I am a terrorist because I dont think and my countrymen dont think that the invasion and occupation and supperession of Iraq has anything to do with terrorism other then creating it.
All the reasons presented  for the us occupation of that county have turned out to be lies.
All the US soldiers that have died there and the Iraqis  they have killed have been for the lie of one small group of your population and their benifit.
You say any one that is not killing iraqis for you in Bushes invasion is a terrorist.
Is that really what you think BigMax.
The canadians that are dieing in Afganistan are terrorists?

It is amazing what kind of nonsense smart nice people can come up with when they just have to find some answer other then the obvios.

Servile obedience to the violent dreams of a group of aggresive despots that have suppressed your own freedoms is not admirable.  And it hardly leaves you qualified to decide who is a terrorist and who is not.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2004, 01:38:16 AM »
I for one have nothing against ANY country that chooses not to help the bush admin in its fight on terrorism.

It Is there right to conduct there foreign policy as they see fit and none of our buissness to tell them other wise.

I am for the invasion of Iraq for one reason and one reason only .
Old sadumb Insain laughed at every UN security council directive
Since the end of the first gulf war.
So he was in violation of soo much crap He deserved to be kicked out of office.
Not to mention all the crimes against humanity he is guilty of.

Hell someone had to do it and Im glad we did it!
But we as Americans can not expect everyone in the world to share our views on this.

Live and let live I say forget all the french and german bashing
for crying out loud.
There governments might have reasons we will never know why
that they chose to not help Again there RIGHT.

But in saying all that I will say I think It time to bring our people (troops) home for they have done more than has been asked of them already.

Screw Iraq screw Iran srew All of em Lets start taking care of America and Americans.

There something else to get mad at me about
:aok

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2004, 01:42:11 AM »
ya trouble for the facists is they had the U.S  to deal with.

Take it!

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2004, 08:21:32 AM »
when the 1 Country tries to Dictate to the UN your telling 100 countries to go blow themselves....bad attitude in my book.

boy..u shure are a smart one..

why dont you list ANY UN resolution where USA was 1 vs all??..

Lmfao..

spurt-burp and run..the drool from your face makes me laff in pity..

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2004, 12:24:22 PM »
Too bad their ideology lives on in people like you.

Impotent leftist fools like you is what raises the hatred of the US in many Eurowimp countries.   You won't face your own jealousy over the fact that your country has little or no impact on world events.  You hide your feelings from yourself as well as the rest of the world with cries of "Facist" and "imperialists".   Your country is basically a non-factor.  Take it!

Nakhui

Take a wild guess....
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2004, 12:45:41 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Impotent leftist fools like you is what raises the hatred of the US in many Eurowimp countries.   You won't face your own jealousy over the fact that your country has little or no impact on world events.  You hide your feelings from yourself as well as the rest of the world with cries of "Facist" and "imperialists".   Your country is basically a non-factor.  Take it!

I'm pretty sure it's all noodle envy....

Just like that South Park episode with the Japanese toy company telling South Park men... "You have big noodle, Japanese have small noodle"

You Americans have BIG noodle...
You're PRESIDENT HAS BIG noodle HEAD...

Your WOMEN LIKE BIG noodle....

We Europeans have small noodle... so we wimpy and not go to war!

Saddam admire big noodle AMERICANS so he loose war to BIG noodle PRESIDENT.

All world admire American BIG noodle PRESIDENT.

BIG noodle MAKE GOOD WAR!
Happy war! Lots of Joy!

Oh you so lucky to have humugous noodle!
You lucky to think with such a big noodle.
We wish we had BIG AMERICAN noodle!

We admire American BIG noodle!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2004, 12:57:25 PM »
That works for me.

Take it like a big  noodle!!!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2004, 01:23:06 PM »
affirmed the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people to self-determination including the right to return and national independence and sovereignty in Palestine.

There has never been a State of Palestine.  Why won't the Arab countries take in the Palestinians? Why do the Israelis have to give up land.  You, like many other leftist whackos call the land "Occupied" .  There has never been a Palestine... get it?

Independence?  Sovereignty?   Of what?  Palestine?  There has never been a country of Palestine.  The Palestinians are squatters.  Get it?

Take it!!!!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Take a wild guess....
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2004, 01:30:34 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
There has never been a State of Palestine.  Why won't the Arab countries take in the Palestinians? Why do the Israelis have to give up land.  You, like many other leftist whackos call the land "Occupied" .  There has never been a Palestine... get it?

Independence?  Sovereignty?   Of what?  Palestine?  There has never been a country of Palestine.  The Palestinians are squatters.  Get it?

Take it!!!!

even isrealis dont believe what you just wrote.