Author Topic: AVI/Sound editor  (Read 513 times)

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
AVI/Sound editor
« on: February 17, 2004, 12:17:44 PM »
http://www.blazemp.com

Recomended for editing  avi's  adding different music formats to the final product. Looks to be a very robust product with too many features to list and a demo download product to test.

IKON

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
AVI/Sound editor
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 05:58:33 PM »
I dont know about that product, but I can WHOLEHEARTEDLY reccomend Sonys "Screenblast Movie studio"

Its rock solid and stable, has pleanty of effects and stuff, and is east to use.  Its only drawback is less than spectacular encoding speed...but heck...I can take an extra 20% time for encoding for the programs overal quality.

I can also scream at the top of my lungs never ever ever ever under any circumstances not involving the death of a family member never ever support Pinnacle.  They have shleped out 2-3 years of the most crappy assed crash happy software ever concieved.  Ive seen viruses that were less annoying.  Their support will blame everything on the planet for the issues (well everything but their software)...but after attempting to use it on 4 computers both AMD and INTEL with both Nvidia and ATI and both Nforce, Hercules and Creative labs and everything in between....it is clear their software crashes as a FEATURE and not an exception.  Some review sites gave it RAVE REVIEWS, and apparently were either paid off....didnt actually run the program or only delt with very small files....after 2 years...I have never succefully encoded a video longer than 4 minutes on Pinnacle...and that 4 minute avi was at the expense of (scouts honor here) at least 100 crashes while adding video clips, audio and encoding.  I litterally save after every single thing I did....else you lose 5 minutes of work on a regular basis.  And before anyone asks...yes, I did EVERYTHING support said to do...and it made absolutley ZERO difference in crash frequency or severety.

So in a nutshell:

Sony Screenblast: YES!!!!

Pinnacle Studeo: NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

Blazemp: No idea....but will check out!

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
AVI/Sound editor
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 08:58:23 AM »
Thanks alf, was looking into liquid edition, i'll think twice now.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
AVI/Sound editor
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 08:43:37 AM »
Originally posted by ALF

"I can also scream at the top of my lungs never ever ever ever under any circumstances not involving the death of a family member never ever support Pinnacle.  They have shleped out 2-3 years of the most crappy assed crash happy software ever concieved.  Ive seen viruses that were less annoying.  Their support will blame everything on the planet for the issues (well everything but their software)...but after attempting to use it on 4 computers both AMD and INTEL with both Nvidia and ATI and both Nforce, Hercules and Creative labs and everything in between....it is clear their software crashes as a FEATURE and not an exception.  Some review sites gave it RAVE REVIEWS, and apparently were either paid off....didnt actually run the program or only delt with very small files....after 2 years...I have never succefully encoded a video longer than 4 minutes on Pinnacle...and that 4 minute avi was at the expense of (scouts honor here) at least 100 crashes while adding video clips, audio and encoding.  I litterally save after every single thing I did....else you lose 5 minutes of work on a regular basis.  And before anyone asks...yes, I did EVERYTHING support said to do...and it made absolutley ZERO difference in crash frequency or severety."

Alf:

I had similar experiences with Pinnacle software under Win98. I didn't work as hard with it as you did and never called their tech support, but I fought against crashes all the time. It was extremely annoying whenever I tried to make a move more than a few minutes in length. Crash after crash. Very, very ugly. I really wanted this software to work and I spent a lot of time trying to ignore the ugly conclusion. Eventually I abandoned it entirely and my life got better    ; )

-Peabody-

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
AVI/Sound editor
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 10:47:18 AM »
Originally posted by bbosen
Originally posted by ALF

Their support will blame everything on the planet for the issues (well everything but their software)...  And before anyone asks...yes, I did EVERYTHING support said to do...and it made absolutley ZERO difference in crash frequency or severety."

-Peabody- [/B]

Hmmm Was wondering what ever happened to the folks that used to be the customer support for Airwarrior.
Now I know
:lol
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty