Author Topic: Where Have All The Aces Gone?  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Where Have All The Aces Gone?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2001, 08:38:00 PM »
Rude,

Speaking for the 412th FS we actively hunt 13th TAS'ers.  It's good to pit your own skills against a like minded foe.  Whenever we see a bish P51 all you can hear over RW is "Alright, another one of those easy 13th TAS kills".  ;)  We do look out for you guys though.  If you see a group of 412th'ers online just ask us into the DA.  I'm sure we'll oblige with a bit of squad duelling action.

--------------------
A "Runstang Weenie" and proud of it.

Click on image to go to the 412th home page...[/QB][/QUOTE][/QB][/QUOTE]

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2001, 09:56:00 PM »
I killed Ripsnort in his F4U at 170 feet about 10 minutes after he killed me.  Then Commanche killed me and Sour killed Commanche, Warchild killed Sour and I killed Warchild, but then Commanche killed me again.  Then Gium killed Commanche and Bigjim killed Gium, and Yiptoad killed Bigjim and on and on!!

F4Us vs. 109F4s on the deck!!

Remember that Rip????  What a furball!  I think it ended because everyone from JG2 and the Rattlers were tired!!!   :) Ah, those were the days!!

<S>
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2001, 10:18:00 PM »
I'm down to about ten hours a month for the last few months, from an average of about 100 (Yegads)... It's gonna pick up once I get a break, and the bustin' of my balls over Big Week winds down <g>, so I look forward to once again slappin' yer gang of Ponies about the sky silly very soon Rude.  :D

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2001, 01:30:00 AM »
I played 25H last month   :(
Dam real life!
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2001, 02:02:00 AM »
I dont know if i can consider myself Veteran, but for sure many of you will have me on their kill list.

This is mainly cause i tend to overthrown the smart parts of experienced flying, by heading into the sector with the biggest red bar and the smallest green one.  :) Or the high riks area's were squads like the 13th TAS or 56th Zemke's Wolfpack is hunting. And most times at an alt that is insuficient to face em.

I learn slowly, but most times i see 2-4 high P51, P47 or P38s now, i bug the hell out, cause i know those guys know what the doing.  :)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2001, 05:07:00 AM »
Going back to tour 17 and then forward... squad vs squad

Tour 17:
kirin squad has 10 kills and has been killed 6 times against the rude squad.

Tour 18:
kirin squad has 3 kills and has been killed 3 times against the rude squad.

Tour 19:
kirin squad has 11 kills and has been killed 5 times against the rude squad.

Tour 20:
kirin squad has 80 kills and has been killed 34 times against the rude squad.

Tour 21:
kirin squad has 40 kills and has been killed 22 times against the rude squad.

Tour 22:
kirin squad has 19 kills and has been killed 18 times against the rude squad.

Our squad sort of habit of overstaying - that is, staying around the fight when we've run out of altitude and speed. Mostly because someone has just reversed to help someone that is lagging behind. That someone needs help in turn.

To me, it seems like we've run into the 13th TAS a number of times - with varying results.

This idea that the Aces are cherry picking - well, the aces in our squad isn't. Damned Glassess and Apar, Kirin and the rest are a bit too brave for my liking. They're very good at getting me in trouble (and out of it  :D).

Depends on squad, I'd say. 9./JG 54 "Grünherz" have met the 13TH TAS a number of time the last few tours.

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2001, 08:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by Kieran:
I'm with ya there, Todd. I usually try to rtb, but have been known to ditch to spare what little action time I had.

Lately thats been me as well. Hell Ive augered over my own field twice this week because I didnt want to take the time to land. Since I dont have the time to fly as often as id like I dont want to waste it RTBing or other boreing stuff like that.

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
Like I've stated many times, most of my squads gone due to the unchanging, continual furball ma style of play.  The more experienced players are bored with it so most of what your running into are newer, less experienced players.  Noticed that myself lately.

CRASH

Originally posted by Rude:
Now, I don't fly as much as most folks do, but still, I don't ever see or fight the better pilots in the sim. Contrary to popular belief, my squad flies in the weeds most all of the time, leaving when we see the odds changing against us. Still, I would think that every once and awhile, I would have a turn with some of the better pilots.

Do you guys just see a gaggle of ponies and run away or what? The only pilots that I can remember fighting or even seeing are Nath, RA, Fester, but thats about it.

Where ya be boys and if I ask while online, will ya buck up and invite us to the dance?

:)

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Apache:
<S> Rip.

Got to defend MrHanky here a little. I can vouch that MrHanky does the low alt front line stuff. I've run into him 3 or 4 times lately. All below 5k. I remember once he was at our field and twice I was at his.

I do see the logic in his response. If I'm in bish territory and I see a group of P51's above me (prob. the 13th), darn right I'm bookin' out, lol.

Hanky said up above:
A9 was being attacked by the Knights (I was Bishop) and I came in from a ways away at about 20k.

My apologies! I must have IMAGINED that he said he came in high!  ;)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by YardBird:

What really stinks is when you are flying high, looking for that easy kill, and you run into Ripsnort, who's flying high, looking for that easy kill.   :eek: Dang, that was a fun fight!   :D

I don't remember that one, did you win or I win?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by Swager:

F4Us vs. 109F4s on the deck!!

Remember that Rip????  What a furball!  I think it ended because everyone from JG2 and the Rattlers were tired!!!    :) Ah, those were the days!!

<S>

Ah yes, I do remember that! Didn't you guys originally jump us on climb out?

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
yep kieran... the irony of this whole thread is not lost on me.   I have said in the past that the sky accountants and manly furballers are flying in two different sims.  As you say.... is he whining that people with experiance won't stick around to be squeak slapped by cowardly mustangs in an organized group?  I would go so far as to say that when the 51's show up the fite is usually about over anyhow.   Most with any brains were about to leave before that.  seeing a whole gaggle of high 51's just makes it more imperative.

It goes even deeper than that tho... I do just fine against the 13th..  I just don't fight em cause they don't really fight that often.  I have no fear of working my way into a co e position with say, one of em.   Problem is... it is boring.   They are boring to fite because they insist n flying a boring to fite (for most other planes) plane and they fly in a very cautious manner.   all of us have seen em run away as the odds begin to even up.   Who wants to bother with that kinda fite?  

I fight "vets" every day.   People of the skill level of leviathn.  Both of us usually have a chance to prevail and the fights are short enough to be fun.  A lot of the so called "newbiews" are a lot more of a challenge in a fite than the "sky accountant" type "vets" are if and when you actually force em to fite... These "vets" certainly are not worth the trouble it takes to "hunt em down"..  Why bother when there are fun things to do and real fighters to combat??

Rude... ya wanna fite a lot of vets and skilled "unknowns"???  Get ur wussy squad into a mixed bag of mediocre planes and hit the furball at a medium alt and stay when things look a little bad.   Take a lesson from the likes of the MOL or a number of other "fun" and respected squads..You really got nothing to lose since nobody thinks you guys are all that good anyway.
lazs

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2001, 10:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort:

My apologies! I must have IMAGINED that he said he came in high!   ;)

rear fields where folks like Hanky are upping to get that extra altitude,

Apology not necessary as you well know. I keyed on the above. My interpretation, tho apparently in error, was that this was MrHanky's modus operandi.   ;)

Offline Mr Hanky

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »
My apologies! I must have IMAGINED that he said he came in high!

Ripsnort... I said I came in high, you ASSUMED I came in from a rear field.

I had launched from a diffent forward field that had two Knights attacking it.  One of them augered and the other one ran all the way back to his own base, from an F6F that was 2000 feet lower at the start.  When it became apparent that the con did not want to engage, I started a climb at 230 and proceded to an adjacent forward base that had two cons at it.. but both died before I got there.  I then moved on to the next closest base with enemy at it... A9.  Needless to say I had quite a bit of alt by then.

I always launch from forward fields and prefer base defense.  I'm rarely over 15k and seldomely over 10k.  The "rear fields where folks like Hanky are upping to get that extra altitude" was completely out of line.

StSanta,

I remember being killed by a few people in your squad.  Last tour I was 2:7 against them.  They stuck with me because I hadn't really been shot down by doras all that much... and you guys reversed the trend.  As I result, I noticed most of the times I was killed by your squad.  3 times I was on the runway (stupidly launching from a cap'd base).  Two of the times I was locked on to one of your squad mates when another came in and cleared him (much to my demise).  The other two times I was trying to egress from a fight, but being an F6F pilot, that is not easy to do when Doras are around. Basically, I cannot remember engaging just one of you in a 1:1 scenario.

I'm not saying that's wrong or anything like that... squad tactics are completely viable and should be commended.  They do, however, give you a huge advantage in the MA right now... especially when flying the faster aircraft.

I also looked at your stats versus the 13th in Tour 22.  85% of the kills were P-51vsDora/152.  One of the only reasons engagement is likely or possible is because there is not much chance of egress for either plane in a multi-con engagement.

A squad flying P-51s or Doras can dictate who the do and do not engage.  Any questions as to why members of these squads are/aren't seeing other "aces" or vets in the arena should be adressed within the squad.

Offline GinDim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: GinDim ]