Author Topic: flaps, etc  (Read 360 times)

Offline tlj825

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/tlj825
flaps, etc
« on: February 21, 2004, 03:05:06 AM »
I am a month or 2 at this.  My gear does not always want to lower when I am landing and cannot get my flaps to lower or be able to bail out.  Any ideas?  Also, I am in bad need of some trainning, always getting blasted out of the sky.  any ideas??
    Thanks.....tlj825

Offline psob2

• Zinc Member
flaps, etc
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 06:31:59 AM »
you are probably going too fast

think that generally you have to be going slower than 200 mph for flaps and 175 for gear to deploy.

to bail, hit enter 3 times, then O to open chute. you don't want to open chute at too high an alt cause it will take a while to get to the ground.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 06:35:03 AM by psob2 »
psob2, psob3, now BTPsob2

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
flaps, etc
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 06:38:39 AM »
Hello tlj825 and welcome to Aces High.
Your landing gear will not go down if you are going to fast.
The same can be said of some planes with flaps. Some aircraft have maneuvering flaps that can be lowered at higher speed than normal flaps, to name a few the P51D, P38 and there are more.
Visit the Training Arena and ask for some help. I'm a Trainer and try to spend time there every day, along with my fellow Trainers.
We can't be there all the time but some people will help if you ask questions. The main arena is not the place to be asking how to start your engine and how to drop bombs, that's a fighting arena.
Two good references are the Aces High manual, available at the download page, and the websight http://www.netaces.org ,which has basic to advanced information on the game. You can look those over when you have time.
I hope to see you in the TA [ Training Arena ]
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54