Author Topic: Skuzzy please respond  (Read 1311 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Skuzzy please respond
« on: March 11, 2004, 02:53:38 PM »
**EDITED**

I logged into the TA. I saw my squad mate already up at A1 (default ) I departed to catch up with him. We chated for a min then he dove on me and fired a few shots. Withen 15 seconds the trainer came on open chanel in god mode and yelled at my squad mate for shooting at me withou anouncing it on an open ch. The rules dont call for that. I dont know what goes on in the TA that needs to be policed up. If it needs to be policed up, thats fine but it needs to be emailed to each and every player that the rules or TA poilcy is changing. Once we informed the trainer that we were squad mates, he insistes that we still anounce on open ch. That is rediculus. To the best of my understanding, we have always used the 6 call to anounce wanting to engage a fight. My Squad pilots are always welcome to shoot each other. We use squad voxx or TeamSpeak. If we dont want to get shot we simply tell our pals to hold off on the shooting. My Squad polices itself so to speak. Trainers need only act when informed someone is not keeping to the rules of the arena. Other than that they need mind thier own buisness. The trianers dont own the arena. What angered me was when the trainer insisted we forn to HIS rules and then muted me for 1 hour without any warning at all, wether I was right or wrong.

So here we had to pilots minding thier own buisness when a trigger happy cop blows us both away.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 11:12:42 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 03:34:54 PM »
child.

Offline HUN

• Copper Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 03:53:09 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk

No place to I see where a person must request engagemnet over on "open" channel.

Rule #1 clearly states it :D

Also if you wanted to rumble with a squadie the DA may be a better place to do it.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 04:16:17 PM »
The TA has been a mess.  If trainers are in there enforcing rules, I say well done.

If a newbie sees you attack another player with no observable request to attack, what will that newbie think is the status quo in the TA?  Now, in the future some trainer is going to have to smack down a potential customer because you, however inadvertently, taught them a bad behavior.  You were wrong.

Act like an adult, get treated like one.  Act like a child, get muted for 60 minutes.  Seems easy enough.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 05:41:57 PM »
you sure it was fuzeman who muted you? the hour muting seems more like auto filter for potty-mouthing something...

just askin'
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 06:14:46 PM »
did he exchange any words with you at all or was it simply out of the blue?

i know he spends a lot of time in TA and has always wanted some kind of ability to police it (guess he has it now, sorta) and lord knows it's needed it.

were you two at the default base where everyone uses? or did (and should have) you use a base away from that area?
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 08:26:55 PM »
well, seems someone might have been a little over zealous.

i'd honestly suggest

1) delete this thread (as 1st poster if you delete it, the whole thread goes - unless too much time has passed).

2) send an email directly to HTC explaining what happened (calmly, without any demands).

more likely to obtain satisfaction this way than using this thread.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
I know
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 08:35:11 PM »
let's make a mountain out of a mole hill & look silly while doing it!!!

phawk

1st I thought you were an adult

then I thought you were aboiut 12

then I thought you may be a young adult

it's back down to about an 11 year old now

please tell me you haven't reached puberty yet to whine so long and loud over something this trival when there are much bigger things to worry about in this world ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2004, 09:36:32 PM »
I think Shane has got the right idea here.
This is a good example of what Not to post on the BBS.(IMHO)
I would delete this thread and handle this thru email w/HTC
Also, it helps (A Lot) if you film something like this
keep in mind even if you start the film late the text buffer shows for a while before you start the film.(hit the ` key after start so it shows)
I would also suggest ot anyone who has a grief with any of the moderators to film it and send it in,Do Not post the accusations on the BBS, same with accusations of hacking or cheating.
I think you will find that HTC will take care of it pronto

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 11:11:45 PM »
Thanks guys. I was wrong by posting names but I did really get upset. Sure it is silly but nevertheless, it doesnt make it right. I edited the first post. Too late, maybe but I'll try it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2004, 06:25:38 AM »
The Training Arena is just that.  It is for the purpose of training and helping people.

If you want to take a squadmate in there and help them, it is perfectly acceptable to do so.  Simply notify any trainer you are there to help with a sqadmate and you will be taking it to a field far away.  This is just a respectful and courteous action.
The trainers have thier hands full of people that abuse the rules of engagement.  Do not add to the problem.  It is not acceptable to give a 'check 6' call and assume you can attack.

If you openly defy a trainer in the training arena, then you can expect to be muted.  They have been instructed to do so.  These guys give their free time to help others in the game and should not have to deal with people treating them with disrespect.
There was a time the Training Arena was a difficult place for new people to get help.  The Trainers have worked hard to turn that around and it is appreciated here.

I expect every trainer to be treated the same way you would treat any HTC staff member.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 08:05:28 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I expect every trainer to be treated the same way you would treat any HTC staff member.

Bribe them with alcohol :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2004, 08:17:26 AM »
P6e  You had to pick a time when I'm having a bad spell to pull this?

Tsk tsk tsk.

You've both learned a lession. lets leave it there ok?

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2004, 08:13:25 PM »
Thanks Ghost but I am still mad about it. We have operated this way for almost two years. Using the 6 call to "ask" to ingage was told to me by a trainer a while back and I still see and use it today then I was extreamly rudley told other wise. There are no other set rules but those posted. We broke no rules and did not deserve to be treated that way by a trainer.

Remind all that we were minding our own buisness when the triner decided to be a pompas wise prettythang. I have lost all respect for the TA if this is how "new rules" get inforced. I was also muted for an hour for no good reason just because that "trainer" didnt want to listen to my right to differ. I was not ugly and refrained from using "fowl" language. Still got muted.

You know how I am in there. I act no different with any other trainer. I am still waiting for an apolagy from that trainer.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Skuzzy please respond
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2004, 09:37:56 PM »
I was not there, but if had started to argue with me, no matter how politely, on opne channel, I would have muted you as well.  I expect the trainers to do no different.
If you want to discuss something concerning how a situation is handled, then take it private.

I do not know who started the 'check 6' thing, but it is the reason why there is an MOTD up stating otherwise.  If you chose to ignore that MOTD, then do not take it out on a trainer.
I wrote it.  Take it out on me.

The 'check 6' is wrought with problems.  People using it at the last second to take a cheap shot is the reason it is completely wrong to do and will not be tolerated.

I outlined what is expected and provided a method for, virtually anyone, to be able to work in the Training Arena.  If you do not want to abide by that, then you are not going to be happy in the Training Arena.

I am going to close this thread, as it has become apparent that you are holding a grudge.  Whether you are or not, you sound as if you are.  If you want further resolution for this, then contact me directly.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com