Author Topic: Tip for AH Pilots!  (Read 3753 times)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« on: February 21, 2004, 04:56:22 PM »
A small tip on AH pilots,  many vets you may duel will dump their ammo load before engaging in a fight,  therefore making them lighter for the upcoming duel.  You should always agree before the fight that there should be equal ammo loadouts on the planes,  or your gonna be at a disadvantage before the fight even starts.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 07:44:55 PM »
Would anyone who resorted to ammo dumping, tell you?
What about asking you a question in the text buffer, as they dive for the merge  (i.e, try to get the jump on the dive as you're reading the question:) :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 07:53:30 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 08:58:50 PM »
It's easy enough to have a third person watch in CM eye mode...

But WT is right... Most dump some rounds in a duel....  Quite a few dump almost ALL.  It's definitely a pointer to consider for the DA...

Also, you should know which fuel tank to burn when too....  It also makes a HUGE difference in some planes...

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 09:16:20 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
Would anyone who resorted to ammo dumping, tell you?
What about asking you a question in the text buffer, as they dive for the merge  (i.e, try to get the jump on the dive as you're reading the question:) :)

They dont have to tell me Etch,  there is usually a third person thats watching the fight from CM eye that tells me..  
I've never had that happen,   but if it does i ignore it or i just type "BZ" with one hand.

But WT is right... Most dump some rounds in a duel.... Quite a few dump almost ALL. It's definitely a pointer to consider for the DA...

BM is right..

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 09:59:42 PM »
Would this be evident in a film if you switched to his plane and saw ammo count?
I assume the dumping would occur out of icon range so it wouldn't be on the film.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 10:53:42 PM »
Well, its not allowed in duels for the ladder. I think anyone caught doing it in ladder duels should be removed. Its not always easy to get a 3rd party to watch.  I'm talking in general, I'm positive it wasn't an issue in any of the duels I had, and at this point, wouldn't much matter anyway. But if someone does that, it shows a lack of sportsmanship and I think they should be "outed."

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 11:08:34 PM »
Originally posted by fuze
Would this be evident in a film if you switched to his plane and saw ammo count?
I assume the dumping would occur out of icon range so it wouldn't be on the film.

Nope,  it wont be in the film..

Well, its not allowed in duels for the ladder. I think anyone caught doing it in ladder duels should be removed. Its not always easy to get a 3rd party to watch. I'm talking in general, I'm positive it wasn't an issue in any of the duels I had, and at this point, wouldn't much matter anyway. But if someone does that, it shows a lack of sportsmanship and I think they should be "outed."

Well its just another one of those exploits that some "older" players like to use to get an advantage,  hence me telling you all it happens ALOT.  I wont name any of the guys that do it,  but im just shooting a tip at yas ;)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 12:22:58 AM »
you suck.  get on IM.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 05:19:23 AM »
How much difference does say the MG rounds make to the weight of the other plane ?  enuff to make much of a difference in a fight ?

It's funny that you raised this, as I just had a duel with a guy the other day who told me to dump all my MG as he was doing the same. was a totally new concept to me  - hadn't ever thought of it  - or it would make  much of a difference.

I did once fight a guy who insisted we carry 50% fuel . I wondered afterwards if he really was carrying 50 and I wasn't just suckered ..... I don't think so tho - he's not a bad guy.

So now I always go with  25% - just in case  

Redd
I come from a land downunder

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 07:21:10 AM »
I used to do it all the time.  I mean ALL the time.

However its not allowed on Sours ladder so I stopped.  It was allowed on Exiles ladder.

c yas up... Dave

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 07:22:02 AM »
Having someone watch on the CM eye is against the rules also I believe.

c yas up..... Dave

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 12:15:48 PM »
I think you should agree to each record the duel and swap films afterwards.

Offline Marco50

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 03:56:13 PM »
Well you are right about a Disadvantage WldThing, but what about equal disadvantages with bothe Pilot?

For example: More Ammo = Bad turning but plenty of ammo, also on other pilot, Not much ammo but good turning!

In thhose situations you never know so you are right by saying to communicate with each other about the duel same ammo same plane etc.

That is all sir   :)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 04:18:37 PM »
Originally posted by Marco50
Well you are right about a Disadvantage WldThing, but what about equal disadvantages with bothe Pilot?

For example: More Ammo = Bad turning but plenty of ammo, also on other pilot, Not much ammo but good turning!

Well if you cant turn how are you gonna get to use all that ammo you have on him? :)

And in a 1 vs 1 situation,  when you saddle up on a guy he may only be 200 yards away,  50 rds of cannon from a spit will kill.  Ive watched duels where the guys would decide to use ONLY 5 cannon rounds and they would still be able to kill each other.

:)

Offline Marco50

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Tip for AH Pilots!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2004, 04:28:42 PM »
Rgr that WldThing!... Have Watched duels sutch as that to... And yes but such as put Turning is Object to got on others Tail Etc But even for Strenthg of a Head on Can be put into thought...but other than that u r absolutley, 100% Right! :aok

PS: Just stating the Facts :D