Author Topic: creating drones  (Read 415 times)

Offline memnon

• Copper Member
creating drones
« on: February 21, 2004, 08:42:25 PM »
so it's not possible to create any new drones vehicle or plane in the offline world. Is this a true statement? I do alot of training on  my own to hone my skills in the offline world and if i could create some tanks or other moving vehicle's it would be a great help.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
creating drones
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 09:54:52 PM »
I believe you are correct. The only drone AI targets offline are the four P51Ds that circle the field you are closest to. It may not be the closest field but possibly the last field that had you on 'radar', not exactly positive on that.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
creating drones
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 09:52:58 AM »
I wish in AHII, they would think about letting you assign the plane path and type in a film to the drone data offline. Even if the film could could contain only one plane, it would increase the value of offline drone's a lot. I mean the the program gets the data for the drone's position somewhere (right now its probably a simple algorithm). Seems it would be simple to parse a film file and use that data.

In the AH film viewer, create an option to select a plane in the flim and "create a drone path." Film viewer writes a file with the positional data relative to plane's starting position in the film. Offline, "assign drone path" and that  drone flies the path relative to the closest runway.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: creating drones
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 02:28:47 AM »
Originally posted by memnon
....if i could create some tanks or other moving vehicle's it would be a great help.
The truck convoys, trains and barges are the best you can get offline other then the P51 drones.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001