Author Topic: (edited) No Truth to this record of Kerry in VNam  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
(edited) No Truth to this record of Kerry in VNam
« on: February 24, 2004, 12:32:06 PM »
Edited:

Rcvd this in an email this morning.  Have determined it is not true but will leave it up to educate everyone who reads it for the first time (as I did this morning) that it is a flasehood.
====
I was in the Delta shortly after he left. I know that area well. I know the operations he was involved in well. I know the tactics and the doctrine used. I know the equipment. Although I was attached to CTF-116 (PBRs) I spent a fair amount of time with CTF-115 (swift boats), Kerry's command. Here are my problems and suspicions:

(1) Kerry was in-country less than four months and collected, a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and three purple hearts. I never heard of anybody with any outfit I worked with (including SEAL One, the Sea Wolves, Reveries and the River Patrol Force) collecting that much hardware so fast, and for such pedestrian actions. The Swifts did a commendable job. But that duty wasn't the worst you could draw. They operated only along the coast and in the major rivers (Basic and Mekong). The rough stuff in the hot areas was mainly handled by the smaller, faster PBRs.

(2) Three Purple Hearts but no limp. All his injuries so minor that no time lost from duty.  Amazing luck. Or he was putting himself in for medals every time he bumped his head on the wheel house hatch? Combat on the boats was almost always at close range. You didn't have minor wounds. At least not often. Not three times in a row. Then he used the three purple hearts to request a trip home eight months before the end of his tour. Fishy.

(3) The details of the event for which he was given the Silver Star make no sense at all. Supposedly, a B-40 was fired at the boat and missed. Charlie jumps up with the launcher in his hand, the bow gunner knocks him down with the twin 50, Kerry beaches the boat, jumps off, shoots Charlie, and retrieves the launcher. If true, he did everything wrong.

(a) Standard procedure when you took rocket fire was to put your stern to the action and go balls to the wall. A B-40 has the ballistic integrity of a Frisbee after about 25 yards, so you put 50 yards or so between you and the beach and begin raking it with your 50's.

(b) Did you ever see anybody get knocked down with a .50 caliber round and get up? The guy was dead or dying. The rocket launcher was empty. There was no reason to go after him (except if you knew he was no danger to you just flopping around in the dust during his last few seconds on earth, and you wanted some daring do in your after-action report). And we didn't shoot wounded people. We had rules against that, too.  

(c) Kerry got off the boat. This was a major breach of standing procedures. Nobody on a boat crew ever got off a boat in a hot area. EVER! The reason was simple. If you had somebody on the beach your boat was defenseless. It couldn't run and it couldn't't return fire. It was stupid and it put his crew in danger. He should have been relieved and reprimanded. I never heard of any boat crewman ever leaving a boat during or after a firefight. Something is fishy.

Here we have a JFK wannabe (the guy Halsey wanted to court martial for carelessly losing his boat and getting a couple people killed by running across the bow of a Jap destroyer) who is hardly in Vietnam long enough to get good tan, collects medals faster than Audie Murphy in a job where  lots of medals weren't common, gets sent home eight months early, requests separation from active duty a few months after that so he can run for Congress, finds out war hero's don't sell well in Massachusetts in 1970 so reinvents himself as Jane Fonda, throws his ribbons in the dirt with the cameras running to jump start his political career, gets Stillborn Pell to invite him to address Congress and Bobby Kennedy's speechwriter to do the heavy lifting, winds up in the Senate himself a few years later, votes against every major defense bill, says the CIA is irrelevant after the Wall came down, votes against the Gulf War, a big mistake since that turned out well, decides not to make the same mistake twice so votes for invading Iraq, but oops, that didn't turn out so well so he now says he really didn't mean for Bush to go to war when he voted to allow him to go to war. I'm real glad you or I never had this guy covering our flanks in Vietnam. I sure don't want him as Commander in Chief. I hope that somebody from CTF-115 shows up with some facts challenging Kerry's Vietnam record. I know in my gut it's wildly inflated. And fishy. Keep smiling
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 01:44:45 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Any Truth to this record of Kerry in VNam
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 12:39:37 PM »
I wonder how many times this will get posted before election day?

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 12:40:30 PM »
What kind of tard mailing list do you have to be on to get these?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 12:44:24 PM »
kerry should give a full disclosure of his time in vietnam, IE: how many days in nam, how many patrols he went on,details on his three wounds and how he got them, details on the bronze and silver stars. also the compleat logs from his swift boat.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 12:45:38 PM »
Yeager, do a google search on this subject.  The supporting documentation of vets is very compelling.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
kerry should give a full disclosure of his time in vietnam, IE: how many days in nam, how many patrols he went on,details on his three wounds and how he got them, details on the bronze and silver stars. also the compleat logs from his swift boat.

Its pretty much a open record. There you go sticking your foot in your mouth.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 12:49:07 PM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
Its pretty much a open record. There you go sticking your foot in your mouth.

I suugest you take your head out of the Kerry Campaign's prettythang long enough to really look into what you are talking about....

gosh, 1 year in college and Froggy flipping thinks he knows everything....

:rolleyes:
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Re: Any Truth to this record of Kerry in VNam
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 01:05:33 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Rcvd this in an email this morning.  Read this as fiction as I have no way to verify authenticity but it does make for an entertaining read.

What exactly was entertaining and why?

You could read a book on the subject or you could continue to get your news from forwarded e-mails.

Here's a review:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A766-2004Jan8?language=printer

h

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 01:11:44 PM »
I wonder how you conservatards would react if someone said McCain was no hero.. that all he did was get captured.. etc. etc.

This crap about Kerry is BS of the highest order, and as hypocritical as you can get. The man did good things for our Country while getting shot at..... live with it.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 01:18:25 PM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n

Here

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2004, 01:37:40 PM »
====
Its not a mailing list you goofy kid, a friend emailed it TO ME.

PS:

Thanks Dinger, that was what I hoped someone might be able to do for me.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2004, 02:15:38 PM »
Funny how you ask if anyone thinks it's true or knows anything about it and you get jumped on and called names....

The snopes thing is interesting and the one of the few good responces here.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2004, 02:21:59 PM »
Theres just a few of em that overreact to anything they dont immediately comprehend.  Most of the liberals on this bbs come across, to me at least, as ordinary people.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2004, 02:27:41 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I wonder how you conservatards would react if someone said McCain was no hero.. that all he did was get captured.. etc. etc.

This crap about Kerry is BS of the highest order, and as hypocritical as you can get. The man did good things for our Country while getting shot at..... live with it.

kind of funny how people get pissed when they pick on your guy huh? ;)  Why it's almost ast bad as accusing the President of being AWOL ;)