Author Topic: The Black Sheep - Friday's setup  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
The Black Sheep - Friday's setup
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2004, 03:43:19 PM »
Originally posted by Sakai
No questin!  But I thought the point was to feature the P-38?  

Sakai

Not a problem.
Just make the P-38 the only AAF plane available. But not everyone likes to fly them and many squads and individual pilots that take the time to support the CT fly NAVY planes. Where there is a possible set-up where their planes can be flown not very fair to exclude them. After all this isn't the SEA.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2004, 05:37:51 PM »
:aok

This is a good setup. Might pull me out of WWIIOL a bit more. :)

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2004, 07:30:37 PM »
Well if its a Burma map, wouldnt this be a CBI set up? If so I would propose adding the P-51B along with the P-38L vs the Ki-61 and N1K. The Tony and the George more than held their ground vs the C-Hog and -4. The will give us options with out going overboard. Any thoughts Fork?

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2004, 07:37:14 PM »
Dont do it man!!!!!

why do our setups have to cover so much time.  A fricking 707 coulda been flying around too, not very probable, in fact nearly absolutely impossible, but....

Hey most of you guys believe in god so hell, anything coulda  happened.

LEts just say we are looking at one week in 1945, and all the planes that were there are accounted for.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2004, 08:09:15 AM »
Originally posted by Jester
NO BLUE PLANES!  :rolleyes:

You are forcing guys to fly one aircraft type for the sake of something "different." IMO the CT should cater to variety and the set-ups to make as many people happy as possible by offering a wide a plane-set as possible in the given scenario. Otherwise you drive people to the MA and cause new players to the CT not to come because they don't like the plane-set.

Sorry guys, this "less is more" approach just leaves me cold.

I do think "less is more" to a certain extent, but restricting it all the way down to a single fighter for one side is too much, IMO.     And I say that as a guy who loves the '38 (its looks anyway).

Wasn't there a fighter group (318th maybe?) flying razorback  
P-47s in this area too?    Or maybe a Royal Navy group equipped with F4Us?

I think this has the makings of a good setup, would just appreciate a little more variety on the Allied side.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2004, 09:27:40 AM »
I would be fine to add another Allied plane, but what does the P-47 add that the P-38 doesnt do better? If you have to add an Allied fighter add the F6F to somewhat counter the Niki, that way both sides have something of a BnZ plane, and both sides have a turnfighter.

However, a CV with FM2's and TBM's would be more historical by simulating the Taffy task groups at Leyte.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »
I think we should let it ride.  I was flying ij last night (to even the numbers, imagine that) and the p38s could do it all.  Turn dive run climb and carry huge amounts of payload.  

There just isnt a reason for another plane besides somebody wanting to fly something different.  

If you want to fly something different, wait 5 days.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2004, 10:29:12 AM »
I say let it ride too, but if they do add a plane the FM2 is the most historically accurate USN type.