Author Topic: Who uses CH FFx?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Thirdup

• Zinc Member
Who uses CH FFx?
« on: August 14, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
Sorry to post in general, but the hardware forum seemed to draw no reply:

I had everything working fine on my old computer. CH FFx, Pro Throttle (w/SpeedKeys),
and TM Elite peddals (all serial gear). In the old box, the stick was seen by Windows as
 a "Force Fx Dx5 joystick throttle & rudder (serial)". It worked perfectly in all games,
including AH. My problem started when I built my new machine.

When I select the "Force Fx DX5 joystick throttle" on my new system, the throttle and
rudder *spike* the red in calibration (when moved to low throttle or right rudder). The
same occurs in-game (it locks into full throttle when I power back, and locks to full right rudder when I apply right rudder). The FFx works fine in the CH test app's and even in AH....just the throttle and rudders are porked. All drivers are current and running DX8.

Everything works when I select 3-axis, 4-button, rudders checked...and it calibrates
fine. But AH does not see it as FFx.

So my question is, who here has a CH FFx stick and Pro Throttle (serial)...and what
does Windows recognize your stick as?

Much thanks,

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: Thirdup ]

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
Who uses CH FFx?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2001, 01:23:00 PM »
i use CH force FX    pro trotle and ruder

the spike is always there soemtime lees sometime more but when replaced all original potenciometers with the special 1 is it mostly  disapered well in AH if it recognize like force FX trotle ruder ??   never take care about i use spedkeys to program direct the key maped funktions  and all axis are there force FX  efect works great  cant say have problem , < sometime i broke the stick>

i got another 2 more broken  Force Fx so  i experiment on meny function and  changes on it

about the your probel mporked ruder ant trotle  check  on the botom of force FX i have a switch selector !! 1 pos is for  Combat stick another  pos 2Trustmaster  and be sure  u selected the  ,ForceFX DX5 Joystick Throttle & Rudder(Serial) driver  

forget the AH  what joystick  see
and try to corectly calibrate in Windows

if all the trotle and ruder corectly switched u must see the ForceFX DX5 Joystick Throttle & Rudder(Serial) and      ruder , trole check slider + 10 butons  actualy the second hat will work ALWAYS like 4 buton
and dont forget  to REMOVE  iforce driver !!

Offline Thirdup

• Zinc Member
Who uses CH FFx?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
Thanks Minus.

The problem with the rudder and throttle are more than just a spike I guess.  It spikes, then it stays spiked (so, I get full throttle all the time or full right rudder).

I will double check the switch on the base, but I have not fiddled with it since I changed boxes (and the CH stuff still works correctly on my old box).

u must see the ForceFX DX5 Joystick Throttle & Rudder(Serial) and ruder

That's what I thought (and what I was afraid of). If I can't get Windows to see it, I'm boned in AH.   :(

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Who uses CH FFx?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2001, 04:37:00 PM »
#rd...you need the CH FFX drivers...I'll mail to you this evening. Atleast that's what I think the prob is. I use the FFX Pro Throttle and Rudders also and every time I switch 'puters there's always an FFX driver issue since Windows doesn't supply them with their software...mail ma a good e-mail addy for ya  :D

Offline Thirdup

• Zinc Member
Who uses CH FFx?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2001, 05:22:00 PM »
Thanks Lars, it can't hurt to try.

I'm running the drivers from CH's support site.  I don't think they have done any driver tweaks in a few years (ie: show as DX5 support). http://www.chproducts.com/support/index.html

If you want to send em, I will try anything at this point.

thirdup@aol.com

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Who uses CH FFx?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
Just wondering if you have the serial port active...my new MB had one of them disabled by default...hell, I'm no techno weinnie...just the normal kind o' one :/

Offline Thirdup

• Zinc Member
Who uses CH FFx?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2001, 06:17:00 PM »
Yep.  I can get the FFX to work just fine (it's just the throttle and peddals that are porked) when using the CHFFx drivers.

Everything works fine (stick rudder, throt) if I install it as a 3-axis, 4-button, w rudder.....just no FFx.  

So I can confirm the equipment all works and I can confirm the FFx works.....just can't make it all work at the same time   :(

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
Who uses CH FFx?
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2001, 06:40:00 AM »
it can be the Elite ruder pedals?
 when i buy  it my CH pro ruder the potentiometer vas alredy  bad !!! / u can imagine ?  but i was to BZ to play WB <instead of  refund or change > so i demonted  and centered the crap , but it stil have terible spikes so i changet the potetiometer wit reostat !!!  self made 1

with corect  impedance wire   i have realy fantasitc range and still work until now :-)

try also  the  seting like  CH combtastick !!

in the begining  the I force worked fine

if u use CH combatstick windows will detect the ruder and trotle if problem still up

after is sure the ELITE ruder s have same crapy wire change !!!! dont be afraid cut the wire and find the corect  combination