Author Topic: What is up with these  (Read 722 times)

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
What is up with these
« on: February 27, 2004, 10:45:49 AM »
One plane set ups? Anything over three fighters is MA?? You guys have to stop thinking 2D here. This past set up looked like the DA with a new map. Nobody tried to capture anything. It was nothing but a furball map. Everyone took off anf furballed. No captures.... This is sad folks. We need to get back to the old CT. So what if there are 10 planes on each side, so long as its balanced and historical.... what does it matter.
I have to say I really think jesters idea for an ETO is a great one. Yes there are alot of planes in it, but is not over board, and they are all historical. So its not likely that it will be anything like the MA. I for one refuse to fly in a CT that is crap, last weeks set up was just that. CRAP. Being forced to fly one plane is bs. This current set up needs some work too. Atleast give us something to go with the P38, hell I would even settle for the P51B, or even a hellcat.
 Let the flaming start....

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
What is up with these
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 11:34:03 AM »
What should have been included in last weeks Greece what was not there? I cant think of a plane in the time period it was set that was left out. Guadalcanal too, as I said I was the one asking for adding the P40, but in reality there was only one plane at the Allies or Axis's disposal so there should not have been more choices.

I will fly any setup if there are 10 planes on each side or 1 on each side, I dont care I will have fun regardless. My only point (and its an opinion, I am not claiming it "should always be so") is that for me personally, the fewer the better.

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
What is up with these
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 11:39:38 AM »
SeaHurri or Martlet (Wildcat) off the carrier could easily have been put into the set-up without disturbing the plane-set IMO.

Would have given more varriety to the set for those that don't like flying the P-40.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
What is up with these
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 11:50:28 AM »
I totally forgot about the Martlet Jester, you are correct there. I dont think the Martlet I (F4F not the FM2) would have thrown the balance off much, if at all but I dont think we would have needed the SeaHurri since it was already available on land.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Re: What is up with these
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 11:52:07 AM »
Originally posted by Kegger26
One plane set ups?

If we had P-39s modeled, and a few other planes that would be hangar queens in the MA, we could add planes.  However, simply slapping better AC in so you can have selection means zero early war arenas.  Until there are twenty-thrity new planes types added, there won't be a great diversity.

Needs:
He111
D017Z
Do217 (or He177)
Ju88 variants
Sm79
Cant 1007 Alcione
Gloster Gladiator
Cr42
I-16
Lagg3
MiG3
Il-4
Pe-2
Wellington
P-38 variants (at least G and J?  Anyone?)
P-39
Ki-84
Early Jap Bomber (ki-21 or 48)
Ki-43
Ki-44
Ki-45
More Zero variants
Later Jap DB/TB
B-25
Lockheed Hudson

These alone are an enormous request of time and materiel probably representing about 2-4 years of airplane additions under good conditions (quickly now, when was last time we added a plane to AH???).  And, only a couple of these would see any MA flight time.  Thus, it is unlikely we will get any of these soon with the sole possibility (as it is arguably the best MA choice of the group) being the Ki-84.  

It would help to have a lend lease Hurricane as well.  One with two Shvaks and 2 12.7mm MGs rather than Uber killer 4 Hispano Suizas in the IIC.  

Than you could see a little variety in your choices, especially in the early going.  

And don't get me started on Ships and GVs and map additions . . .

For later going I am sure guys would like a few more 109/190 variants or configurations.

What we need is a few guys to donate their time to AH developiong software and art.  Like about 20 of them.  

Sakai
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 11:56:30 AM by Sakai »
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: What is up with these
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 12:00:20 PM »
Originally posted by Kegger26
This past set up looked like the DA with a new map. Nobody tried to capture anything. It was nothing but a furball map. Everyone took off anf furballed. No captures....

And this is a bad thing?

I thought the Greece setup was The Bomb.  Most of us tend to fly only one or two a/c per side in any given setup, anyway (and you could have flown the delightful Hurri I if you didn't care for the P-40).  When we do a 1945 setup, do you fly every available plane?  I'll bet not.

The real trick of a one-v-one setup, like the one beginning today, will be in plane selection.  If it turns out that the P-38 v. Nik is grossly one-sided, it will be an ugly week.  Otherwise, I think it should be fun - certainly it will give me a chance to learn to fly two planes that I seldom fly.  Definitely worth a try.

- oldman

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: What is up with these
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 12:03:01 PM »
Everything Sakai said, and add the P-38F for early PAC.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
What is up with these
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 02:02:33 PM »
Everything Sakai said, and add the P-38F for early PAC.

Ditto.

Need the Ki-27 to complement the I-16:aok

One plane set ups?

The CT has gotten stale along with the rest of AH. Some guys asked for more limited plane sets to highlight certain match ups and thats what we've got. It nice to see the staffers are open to input and are trying to the most with what we have. Try it, if you dont like it will be different in a week. Can you say that about the MA?

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
What is up with these
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2004, 02:09:37 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Try it, if you dont like it will be different in a week. Can you say that about the MA?

Yes it will be different in a week, it will be worse than the last time you went there.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2004, 02:10:09 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
And this is a bad thing?
The real trick of a one-v-one setup, like the one beginning today, will be in plane selection.  If it turns out that the P-38 v. Nik is grossly one-sided, it will be an ugly week.  Otherwise, I think it should be fun - certainly it will give me a chance to learn to fly two planes that I seldom fly.  Definitely worth a try.

- oldman

I am looking forward to Ki-61 vs. P-38 action.

I think that could be a great matchup.

Sakai

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2004, 03:35:16 PM »
Originally posted by Sakai
What we need is a few guys to donate their time to AH developiong software and art.  Like about 20 of them.

Tried to get a group like this started that would donate their time and tallents for FREE to make new aircraft and terrains to help make AH better for all.

HTC and the "powers that be" never bothered to "comment" on my offer or take the time to return my e-mails so the effort died on the vine.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: What is up with these
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 03:39:22 PM »
Originally posted by Jester
Tried to get a group like this started that would donate their time and tallents for FREE to make new aircraft and terrains to help make AH better for all.

HTC and the "powers that be" never bothered to "comment" on my offer or take the time to return my e-mails so the effort died on the vine.

I imagine that it is difficult and I also think that intellectual properties might be an issue, regardless of how "ironclad" the waiver one might sign could be.  But I tell ya, that was fantatstic of you to offer and I wish someone could help them get new AC going.  We are getting more than just a little stale.

Sakai