Author Topic: Will new Flight Models fix the whining  (Read 451 times)

Offline Sox

• Zinc Member
Will new Flight Models fix the whining
« on: August 24, 2000, 07:59:00 PM »
I think even with new models there will still be whining. Must be that this BBS is for those that need to get somthing off there chest. Like talkin when your mad about something usely will calm you down. Even with new Flight models One pilot can still out perform other Pilots. That is it not the planes or how there modeled. I never heard so much whining tell i started AH. In AW3 it was understood that it was a game. The planes there were all the same not real models like we have here  ( ? ) and Pilots still could out perform otheres in same plane.  My question is such.  When do we all stop whining and Thanking Aces High for all the good work thay have down on the Flight models. Its above all the rest so far and seems to be geting better as time goes on.
Thanks Hitechcreations for the Game. Having a blast. Now for one more whin,  Lancers want a Hellcat  

------------------
VMFA-212  Lancers

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2000, 08:08:00 PM »
Thanks Hitechcreations for the Game

PARDON ME GAME??

[This message has been edited by Torque (edited 08-24-2000).]

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2000, 08:26:00 PM »
Funked, ya wanna explain the "Yoke Actuator" problem to SOX? They can't fix those...

funked

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2000, 08:34:00 PM »
Roger that Creamo.

The new flight models will not fix the whining.  The reason for the whining is that a lot of whiners play the game.  They will find something new to whine about.  The only hope for HTC is to balance the whining, so that the gripes are equally distributed among all nationalities, branches of the military, races, creeds, colors, and religions.

(Lest any of you whiners get your panties in a bunch and feel a need to retort, keep in mind that I whine too.)

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 08-24-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2000, 08:44:00 PM »
"I never heard so much whining tell i started AH. In AW3 it was understood that it was a game."

Now THAT is a big ole fib.  
I can;t count how many times I heard and read, "mAge wHY DOEsn;t the P-51 flY like My GandaDDy alwAyS said itDid In WwII!! If YoO dOn;t FIxIT NOW me my sqaud and I ARe leaving aW3 andTaking our Money Elsewhere! ==++<<++Imperail General Maximoto Dr33ppeR!>>++==++ Fudd Puggers Sqaut!"

Rock

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2000, 10:02:00 PM »
NO!

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2000, 11:03:00 PM »
 Setting the MA back to a guns leathility of 4 or 5 would end any real whines of mine.

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2000, 11:39:00 PM »
 I think the 'whines' are a direct result of the fact that the competition level in AH is SO high.AH seems to have drawn to itself the cream of ALL WW2 air-combat sims,because the FM's are simply the best available to date.
 Now,IMO, what made most of us attain this level of competence is the fact that we are driven to excel in our areas of passion.For us,thats air-combat.
 Now when you add to that the the foolish pride and ego that our kind of personalities
seem to manifest-well you see the problem.
 The trick is ,for me at least,not to post prior to any needed'cooling-off' period.
Sometimes I fail at this and apologize for those.The key is to rember that when we die
our virtual deaths,WE screwed-up.Learn as best you can from the encounter and grow.And
even develope some humility and <S> the banana that nailed you.But of course,Get him NEXT time!

Thx HTC,
     By-Tor

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2000, 01:05:00 AM »
Chearleader allarm !!!!

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

skippy

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2000, 01:18:00 AM »
whine,wine,no wine,whine

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2000, 02:14:00 AM »
To fire up yer computer, come to the AH BBS, hit the post button and fashion up one helluvah rant means....

...ya give a toejam.

Some of it is thought provoking. Much of it is lame.

But it's *all* good.

[This message has been edited by Nash (edited 08-25-2000).]

Offline jedi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
ROFL!  Yer startin to sink into the same trap the WB guys before you did (predictable, but humorous nontheless)  

"Those OTHER guys are such dweebs, but WE'RE special!  Those OTHER guys just whine to whine, but WE whine because WE'RE the best of the best, and our sim is the toughest of the tough, and so our egos are the egoest of the...er...eg."

The TRUTH is we're ALL dweebs, we ALL whine because by and large, that's what we're BEST at.  If you DON'T whine, you need training.

Of course, I COULD be wrong.

But it would be the first time  

------------------

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2000, 08:47:00 AM »
Scoreing for this thread is as follows.

Torque D (Thumb!)

Funked A- (would have been A+ but he admited that he also whines)

Creamo I (has no detectible sense of humor hence incomplete)

Westy B+ (Honest to a fault   )

Rock (You expect a grade for a 2 letter answer??)

Easymo F (Stick to the subject!)

Bytor A (well thought out intelligent post)
(Besides I've NEVER heard him whine)

Saw C (comeing from the "I'm going to have more posts than anyone" leader, I expected better.  

Skippy D- (too many whines for a post about whines)

Nash B (deducted for spelling & syntax)  

Remember why we are here folks. The objective is to have FUN, to enjoy ourselves.

I guess some have to whine to be happy, others don't.

------------------
Maj Ghosth
XO 332nd Flying Mongrels
Scenario Corp, AH Trainer Corp

Renfield

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2000, 09:00:00 AM »
New flight models will not stop the whining. Hell, even if the most infamous whiners were allowed to design their own FM, they would still whine.

It is simply a symptom of someone unable to adapt or fly within the limitations of a sim. They can't do it well so they whine and cry.

Nothing at all wrong with pointing out discrepancies - things like one plane outcliming another that it never could and is reported as such. But the incessant whining is old. Very old.

It will always only be an approximation based on numbers that have some finite amount of error. Until we all have supercomputers, the fine points of buffeting, tip vortices, real drag modelling of external ord and all the other things that would help increase realism will just not be there except as approximations. Hell, even different grades of gas would limit the power you could get out of an engine.

It is a sim. A damn good sim. But it is only a sim. The whiners need to realize it.

Fluf

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2000, 09:40:00 AM »
Heck, even RL pilots whined. Here's an excerpt from a drinking song popular with 417 Squadron RCAF (home of 'Stocky' Edwards, p40
ace) - they were flying P40s in North Africa at the time:

"Oh don't give me a Peter Four O,
 A hell of an airplane I know,
 A ground-looping bastard
 You're sure to get plastered,
 Don't give me a Peter Four O.."

They later received them spit Vs and then spit VIIIs, so their whining paid off.

As long as there are winners and losers there will be whiners.  

As an interesting aside - 'Stocky' had to use trim to control his early model p40 in a dive.
Fluf