Author Topic: Multiple Spouses  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Multiple Spouses
« on: March 03, 2004, 08:15:51 AM »
If a man should be lawfully able to marry a man, and a woman marry a women then I cannot think of any reason why a man should not be able to have two wives, or more.  And a woman should be able to have more than one husband.  

While Im at it, I think a man should be able to have several husbands and a woman should be able to have several wives.

A man should be able to have as many husbands and wives as he can attain and of course same goes for women.

Early Mormons practiced polygamy but were denied that freedom by a repressive government.  I am surprised that Mormons have not taken advantage of the current climate to bring back the practice.  I know I would enjoy many wives.

Seriously :rofl
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 08:17:55 AM »
I'll bet Kobe Bryant is glad he doesn't have several wives.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 08:19:11 AM »
Hey at *least* the opposite sex married one another.  I can't think of too many animals or insects in the world that have same-sex intercourse and are able to reproduce.  After all, thats why we exist.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 08:33:05 AM »
Yeager: I am surprised that Mormons have not taken advantage of the current climate to bring back the practice.  I know I would enjoy many wives.

You are mistaken here. First, the polyginy practice among mormons is quite widespread.
 Second, the mormons practicing polyginy today have been taking advantage for quite a while. The wives are legally considered to be single mothers and qualify and receive welfare benefits.

US government is subcidising mormons' polyginy practice, not deterring it.

miko

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Re: Multiple Spouses
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 08:42:42 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
If a man should be lawfully able to marry a man, and a woman marry a women then I cannot think of any reason why a man should not be able to have two wives, or more.  ...  I know I would enjoy many wives.

No, you wouldn't.  They cut into your Aces High flight time.  And weekends with the guys.  And taking all those wives to football games would exorbitant.  And don't even get me started on trying to plan vacations and doing holidays at relatives' houses!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 08:44:11 AM »
Might want to talk to a latter day mormon miko.  The mormon church discontinued the practice years ago under pressure from the federal government.  It almost resulted in a war between Utah and the feds.  

Polygamy is unlawful in Utah today, as it is throughout the US.

There are some fringe offshoots of the mormon church that practice polygamy in hiding.  One media case several years ago landed the happy husband in prison.  Turns out one of his many wives hadnt yet started puberty.  

Its all quite interesting, Im just waiting for polygamy to rear its inevitable head once again.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 09:11:39 AM »
You'd be happy in Utah Yeager.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 09:22:52 AM »
Yeager: Might want to talk to a latter day mormon miko.  The mormon church discontinued the practice years ago under pressure from the federal government.

Nevertheless thousands of people living in Utah and calling themselves mormons continue to practice polyginy.

Polygamy is unlawful in Utah today, as it is throughout the US.

Not unlawfull - just not legally recognised. There is a difference. When AH players form a squad, that is not legally recognised by the state but it is not unlawfull.
 A man is not breaking any laws by living in a single household with several women, having sex and children with them, etc., as long as they do not apply for multiple marriage licenses. They are just not recognised by the state and feds as legal wives for the purposes of inheritance, insurance, etc.

There are some fringe offshoots of the mormon church that practice polygamy in hiding.

They are not really hiding. There are whole towns of them with civic leaders being polyginists as well. The numbers are estimated to be around 30,000 but they are not advertising themselves, so it may be a low estimate.

One media case several years ago landed the happy husband in prison.  Turns out one of his many wives hadnt yet started puberty.

Having sex with people below the age of concent is unlawfull and punisheable. It has nothing to do with polyginy. That man would have gone to jail if his bride was the only wife.
 There is a lot of atricious and abusive crap going on among some mormons and othes but it is not caused by polyginy but by their religious and cultural views.

Its all quite interesting, Im just waiting for polygamy to rear its inevitable head once again.

Most of the US and western world is widely practice serial polygamy - even catholics who's church totally bans the practice of unsanctified marriage or divorce.
 What's a big deal if some people practice parallel marriage?

miko

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 09:38:09 AM »
Why do I feel like a bug trying to punch through a windshield going 60 mph?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 09:45:58 AM »
I don't know, because you really ought to feel like a bug crushed by the boot of reason.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 09:46:32 AM »
If a man is dumb enough to marry more then one women; i say go ahead enjoy living hell.

You know miko has a point yeager. There are plenty of crazy fringe morons that have entire trailor parks filled with family members. Its like waco without the guns.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 09:50:00 AM by Frogm4n »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 10:01:11 AM »
dowling you are a simple moron.  you completely fail, once again, to understand even the most basic of points.

Let me break the point down for you into its most elementary particles so that you may understand MY POINT.

====
Once marriage is opened up for redefinition what prevents people from claiming that marriage is open ended, without boundries?
====

You fool, I brought the mormons up as an EXAMPLE of an entire class of people that could sieze the opportunity to define marriage to their liking, as the gay class are trying to do.

Miko is talking things I have never heard of.  Polygamy is legal in Utah simply because it is not legal?

There are thirty thousand active palygamists in Utah?  huh?

Once again dowling you are a moron.  Im going to squelch you for life if you dont start offering even sub useful points to any topic you pollute  :mad:

Forget it.  Never going to read your crap again. Ignored
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 10:14:02 AM by Yeager »

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 10:02:56 AM »
I can just about cope with 1 girlfriend, 2 would drive me nuts.  It's prob illegal just to keep men sane.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2004, 10:06:41 AM »
Originally posted by thrila
I can just about cope with 1 girlfriend, 2 would drive me nuts.  It's prob illegal just to keep men sane.

I wholeheartedly agree.

h

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Multiple Spouses
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2004, 10:14:39 AM »
I think I might cry.

Miko refuted the 'facts' supporting your position. Your bug analogy didn't fit. Don't take it so personally.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.