Author Topic: HT/Pyro a couple of quick questions  (Read 302 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
HT/Pyro a couple of quick questions
« on: March 06, 2004, 04:32:46 PM »
I've been playing that other mmpog for the last year and belong to a reasonably good sized axis squad there. Over the last few months the code seems to go from one bug to another with every patch - unfortunately many have affected the axis rides. As such I've often pointed the odd squaddie this way for 'stress relief'.

They keep asking me lotsa questions, but the biggie is will AH2 ever include a first-person-shooter? IE, will we see infantry in game?

And what are the plans with the ground vehicles, will we see these expanded much (ie more types)?

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 09:01:36 PM »
was thinking the same with WWIIOL.  but it would still probably have a superior ground model.

htc did say they will eventually add ground troops.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 11:01:49 PM »
I believe HT has said somthing to the effect that he would like to do an infantry component to the game at some point in the future.  I forget the details but it was in an interview given some time ago.  What his time table is for such a feature, or even if it is still in the long term plans I will not presume to know.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 02:02:08 PM »
Interestingly, bail out of a plane in AH2 and once you hit the ground you have what appears to be a 45 in your hand.

Now, I don't think it's there for looks. I think we may soon see the ability to fire that weapon. :)
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 02:04:12 PM »
I believe htc said that the map room would become like a full underground bunker that troops would have to capture. The c47 would drop a sort of spawn point and troops could spawn out of it. It was in an interview and included details about u-boats too.

Wish I could find it for ya.