Author Topic: Who moderates the moderator  (Read 1284 times)

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Who moderates the moderator
« on: March 07, 2004, 12:10:14 PM »
Last night I was ejected for a period of 10 minutes from the CT.

Time of ejection   4:15  ,  4:20  ZULU  (there abouts)

Now, if I had been an idiot and was cussing or taunting or engaged in any other misappropriate behaviour, I would expect that.

However, I was engaged in none of that.

I hadn't posted anything up in text for a good 3-4 minutes, and vox was on squad channel. There was no foul language etc happening on vox either.

Myself and a squad mate had cut a P38 from the herd, took him away on the deck over the water, and killed him. The individual who was in the P38 is irrelevent and won't be mentioned here.

I was the one who scored the kill, and I called the kill on squad vox... *quote* "he's down, the 38 is down"  *unquote*.

I was ejected right after that transmission.

Now, the $64.00 question.

Does the CT have moderators as does the MA, or do the CM'S manage that task when they are on?

My understanding is that in order to be ejected, it must be done by another individual with the authority to do it. It is not an automatic function.

Finally, if this is the way it works, I would like the "moderator" or equivalent, that ejected me to PM me and explain the action and reasoning. It will remain confidential, and won't be brought to the forums. I just want an explanation.

Patiently awaiting a reply

RTR
(edited to include time of ejection)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 12:15:06 PM by RTR »
The Damned

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 12:13:45 PM »
RTR, I was there last night and I saw you shot down P-38, then you disappear and I did thought you might have connection problem.  :confused:
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 12:23:57 PM »
Was after that Storch.

I did have some net status problems earlier in the evening (and in fact did CTD once before), but my net status had been flat line for the rest of the evening. I am unwilling to believe that it was due to the net for this reason and one more.

When I tried to get back into the CT it told me I had been ejected for 10 minutes. This was a deliberate ejection.

Those who know me in the game, know that I don't generally smack talk, and very rarely lose my temper. I can't remember the last time I called anybody a name or treated anyone without the utmost respect.

I am at a loss here.

Thanks Storch and Rafe for the replies.  

Still waiting.

RTR
The Damned

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 12:41:47 PM »
*punt*

This isn't going away

RTR
The Damned

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 01:03:57 PM »
Even though I wasn't there to witness this event, I'll at least play character witness and say I've never seen you do or say anything in the CT to warrant ejection .... ever. It is a mystery.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 01:27:58 PM »
I wasn't on so I can't comment directly on what happened or what may have happened.  I know ct staff members have the ability to warn/mute/ban players the time being whatever the arena mute time is set to.  Staff members tend to use a 3 strike situation of warn/mute/ban, with the ban coming on the 3rd offense.  That way you know if you've done somthin to cross a line you may not have known exsisted in the first place.  

As for moderators I have no idea.  People talk about them being in the MA but I've never had any direct dealing with a moderator nor even heard HTC say that they do in fact exsist, course I haven't heard them say they don't exsist either, I really don't know.  

We're there any staff members online when this happened?  If not then it kinda narrows down the # of people that could have the ability to eject you.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 01:35:42 PM »
I don't recall seeing any staff members in the arena Soulyss.

As for the 3 strike situation, I never recieved any warnings prior to the ejection (nor did I do anythng to warrant a warning).

Also, as far as knowing if any CT staff members were online, it's kinda hard to tell who is who anymore. I have never found a list of who the CT staff are.

With your permission, I will take this out of the forum and PM you privately. I wish to get to the bottom of this, but I don't wish to start yet another  flame war thread.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 02:05:41 PM »
Reschke gave a warning at NathNDP(Dunno remember his name) and also I got a warning cuz I was upset that NathNDP starting using CAPS and whining..........he's look like a noob! :D
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 02:14:34 PM »
By Ban he means boot, we dont have the power to actualy ban a player from the CT, we can boot them though.

Their are also no moderators in the CT just the staff, and an automated system for warning and I beelave booting players who typye in specific messages into the text buffer.

The only way a PM or a squad message can be the subject of a warning or booting is if the auto system sees it or it is directed a a CM who personaly sees it and ecides to do something about it.

You may of typed in a key word or phrase that inaveratenly trigered a booting.

Swearing on local vox is anoter way a CT staffer may warn, boot ect howeaver.

You might just E mail Skuzzy and ask him whats up it seams from your post it may of been a bug that caused this to hapen.

Their are presently 7 people with the power to warn/mute/boot players in the CT.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 02:20:34 PM by brady »

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2004, 02:30:42 PM »
First off I didn't inadvertently key in something that would cause me to be ejected.

As I stated earlier I very rarely lose my temper. Well I gotta tell ya. I'm just about there now. (Not at you Brady, or Soulyss, just the situation in general)

I have found out that the individual I shot down is apparently one of the CT staff. Not having anyway to prove or disprove that statement, I am going to PM you, Soulyss, and yourself Brady.

As I said ealier as well, the name of the individual shall remain off the BBS.

cheers, and thanks for the replies.
RTR
The Damned

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 03:55:46 PM »
Sounds good, go ahead and PM or email me and I'll help you see if we can get to the bottom of what's going on.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Gypsy Baron

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~pstrogen
Do the logs show warnings/bans?
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2004, 04:35:37 PM »
If not, why not.  Seems to me this should be a SOP
to help resolve these sorts of issues and also act
as a check and balance system on staff/moderator
potential abuse of powers.

=GB=
Gypsy Baron  AW CPID 4580
B-17G 447th Bomb Group, 709th Bomb Squadron, Serial#42-31225

Scheherazade - Lt.Phillip P. Zanoya, Pilot

M/Sgt Kenneth N. Johnson, Crew Chief
126 missions without a single mechanical abort[/b

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2004, 05:16:05 PM »
Their are no logs kept in the CT or the MA afik, their would simply be to much to look at at.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2004, 05:24:27 PM »
You shot down a P-38 and  immediatly ejected from the arena?
There it is...... Living proof of the Anti Axis conspiracy in the CT.

BIG FOOT LIVES GENTLEMEN!!
:D

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2004, 05:34:33 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how can you tell you have been "ejected" as opposed to a disco? Just wondering.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24