Author Topic: Stick settings  (Read 853 times)

Offline Bigsugar

• Zinc Member
Stick settings
« on: March 17, 2004, 08:16:23 AM »
I am in need of stick setting for microsoft sidewinder precision 2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Bigsugar

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Stick settings
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 07:50:43 AM »
Bigsugar

I'd send you mine but unless your incredibly light handed on the stick they'll just screw you up.

Email me at billj69@btinet.net

And I can show you how to setup your sliders so they suit YOU not someone else.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Stick settings
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 08:37:58 AM »
Ghosth ~

Here's a question which I think I already know the answer to, but I'll toss it out anyway. Say you have a Saitek, Thrusmaster and CH stick all using the same stick scaling profile. Will the input on the AC control surfaces all be the same, regardless of the type of stick used? In other words, will ack ack's profile, designed for an analog stick behave the same with a USB stick?

Thanks ~

DmdMax

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Stick settings
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 04:55:26 PM »
DMax

IMO the sliders yes would be the same.

However with the joysticks being different there are some things that would NOT be the same. Like Deadband for starters.

I'm not sure but there could also be a difference between pots & digital.

Test em out & tell me whats what why don't you?

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Re: Stick settings
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 07:43:24 PM »
Originally posted by Bigsugar
I am in need of stick setting for microsoft sidewinder precision 2.

Hiyas!
I use a MS PPro and would be happy to shoot you a copy of my file...  I've sent it to several players and they have all said that they really liked it!  Email at the link below and you'll have it within a few hours.:aok

Offline gologt

• Zinc Member
Stick settings
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 02:46:10 PM »
uh, what the heck are you guys talking about "Sliders"? I callibrated my logitech 3d pro in windows and callibrated it in AH aswell. What is the advantage of the other stuff?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Stick settings
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 03:04:14 PM »
Originally posted by gologt
uh, what the heck are you guys talking about "Sliders"?
 What is the advantage of the other stuff?

gologt,
in AH joystick set up, you have the ability to adjust the Dead Band and Dampening, you can find these on the right hand side of the screen and you have 2 sliders for each axis ( pitch, roll, rudder, throttle)

Dead Band - use this to get rid of any annoying spikes you might be experiencing, it kills the joystick input until you have gone ( moved the stick) past its intial setting.

Dampening - Use this to minimize your stick input proportional to the movement of your stick, Dampening also is used in conjunction with the scaling graph, which you also have for each axis.

It will take a bit of time to get use to adjusting these extra features, and everyone has a different flavor of what they like.:cool:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Stick settings
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 02:28:54 AM »
It's worth setting the "pitch" with a nice big bumb in the graph to prevent nose bounce. I have roll set with sliders right up. You don't want rudder too responsive either as it will throw your aim.

I use a little damping but no deadband.  It is worth experimenting.

Is it "Lephturn's Airodrome" which has an excellent article on this?I can't remember.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Stick settings
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2004, 01:25:38 PM »
I use the same stick configuration as wldthing.

For some these are not the best. For me they work perfect. They are very sensitive but once you get use to them they are the best in my opinion.

Also, I have the same stick as you...

Email me, my email is in my sig at the bottom... If ya do make sure you put a topic on the email as there are many worms floating around these days and its not worth opening unknown emails...

If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
Stick settings
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2004, 10:01:26 PM »
I also use a the Sidewinder so feel free to e-mail me and i'll send you my settings also