Author Topic: IR Tracker  (Read 430 times)

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IR Tracker
« on: March 15, 2004, 01:54:49 PM »
Ok broke down and bought one arriving soon by mail order, I know someone posted how to set the beast up for AH - any tips anyone?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
IR Tracker
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 02:22:58 PM »
I think jordi post the "how to" for AH

It works great in IL2 but you have to get used to it

I use it for SA but switch back to standard views (turn it off) for gunfights
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
IR Tracker
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 03:15:56 PM »

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
IR Tracker
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 08:34:12 PM »
Schaden....I ordered it also.  From what I understand from some reading that it's not needed in AH.  Or that it is a pain in AH, can't remember which.  I ordered the TrackIR2 for il2fb AEP.

Anyone know for certain that it helps in AH?  Would appreciate a heads up on that issue.

Thanks
- The Flying Circus -

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
IR Tracker
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 09:24:35 AM »
If you get it working ok it will help a lot , fine tuning needed to get dead band at centre position though.
Very hard to aim and fire without correct deadband as slightest move of your head and your view moves away from sights.

This is why the native enhanced mode is required as it makes this part easy.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IR Tracker
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 09:37:20 AM »
Thnks all - it's mainly for IL2 FB, you can't set your head position in there and I'm hoping Tracker will help a bit.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
IR Tracker
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 01:57:09 PM »
I rarely play IL2 but believe me TIR is an absolute must have.
You will never want to play without it once you have it adjusted to your liking.

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
IR Tracker
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 03:19:16 PM »
This is what a squadie had to say about it on a private forum.... he gets all the neat toys  :)

Aloha,
I just want to give you guys my first impression of this "head tracker".
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/
The LOMAC jet sim came with a coupon for $30 off making it $99. I spent another $20 for the hat with a reflector on the bill and one on the back. If ya have money to burn, it is well worth it. Talk about immersion! What is more natural than looking up and left into the turn and your view pans there with a quick glance back down to check speed? Turn your head further left to check six then a quick look all the way round the right to check six again. The flowing pan is much more natural the snap views and allows you to keep the target in the center of your view.

It works great in Aces High. I have a button on my throttle that activates the Pan Mode (enhanced TIR) and another on my joystick that switches back to the default view for the shot, and hat views work again. I have a pretty good deadband set so it is stable enough to shoot in TIR but I am still more comfortable with the default, for now. The TIR view in Aces high lets your look clear around on your six if the headrest isn't in the way. There is a downside. The head/seat positions that are saved carry over to the TIR views. Some planes have great six views and some not so great. One on my 4 way switches on the stick moves head position up and down which helps. Some planes such as the D9, Spit and LA7 are just fine as they are.

Aces High does not have native support for the enhanced mode like LOMAC, IL2 and a few other new games, but some clever guys have figured out a work-around.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/foru...threadid=103198
Several of us are lobbying for native enhanced support for AH2.

Usually you place the little camera on top of your monitor and a reflective dot somewhere on your head. Since my chair is 10' from my monitor, I mounted it on the wall behind me and wear the hat backwards. It only needs a USB port. Off to Guam tomorrow and be back Wed.

Later,
DJ