Author Topic: AH fun is still here but ....  (Read 609 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
AH fun is still here but ....
« on: August 29, 2000, 04:27:00 AM »
... there are some things I badly need to see before Christmas:
1) Stop the perk project.
2) Model ASAP early war variants of the existing planes.
3) Begin to model the 1940-42 plane set for PTO, ETO, Med and Russian theatres of ops.
3) Hurricane, HE-111, Wildcat, C.200, LaGG and a couple of dive bombers should have priority.
4) Design a Med (I saw a very good one), Russian and a Salomon terrain.
5) Start with weekly Scenarios involving those kites and terrains.
6) Start with a good RPS when we'll have enuff planes.

Regards,
GATT
4°Stormo Caccia

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Rock

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2000, 06:33:00 AM »
You got my vote on those ideas.

Item 4, I think terrains are on the way.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2000, 06:50:00 AM »
Gatt, I'm just as anxious for the early war plane set as you are, but I don't think it'll be here for quite some time, unfortunately.  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2000, 07:34:00 AM »
I'm with all those, especially #1.

Points For Planes sounds too much like a game to me.

Instead, designing the game so that those plane would be enabled to all, at all times *when enabled* would be a better way to go.

I'm tired of fighting 109's and 190's. I want  a HA  .

I wish the Main Arena was set up so that one country had German iron only, another allied only etc. That way, you'd fight enemy tpe planes. Of course, those squads who have members who frequently jump around and flies different aircraft would have to swith sides now and then, but that'd be a minor inconvenience compared to the benefit of having a HA in the MA  .

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2000, 07:53:00 AM »
All for it...

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2000, 08:21:00 AM »
"3) Begin to model the 1940-42 plane set for PTO, ETO, Med and Russian theatres of ops."

I would love to see the PTO in 1.05 open with early war planes.  This would be a real change of pace from the MA, and give fans of Japanese planes a place to enjoy an (historic) advantage.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Nath-BDP

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2000, 09:19:00 AM »

1) Stop the perk project.

No way, this is one of the things I'm looking forward to... to keep interest in AH MA.

------------------
Geschwaderkommodore JG 54
"Grünherz"

Aces High Scenario Corps

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 08-29-2000).]

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2000, 11:57:00 AM »
I would really like to see old planes also and separate main arena for planes made before certain year. (so that balance will stay and no Me262's found behind your Spitfrie Mk.II)

Gatt, don't forget Fiats and Brewsters  

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2000, 12:04:00 PM »

Originally posted by StSanta:
I'm with all those, especially #1.

I'm tired of fighting 109's and 190's. I want  a HA   .

I wish the Main Arena was set up so that one country had German iron only, another allied only etc. That way, you'd fight enemy tpe planes. Of course, those squads who have members who frequently jump around and flies different aircraft would have to swith sides now and then, but that'd be a minor inconvenience compared to the benefit of having a HA in the MA   .

StSanta,

I'd almost bet you that there would be one side of the arena that had a major numbers advantage if countries were restricted to allied vs axis planes. Take a look around now and see how many Allied planes there are versus axis they way the FM and guns are set.

I don't know if it would be much help to set sides that way. I thihnk it would hurt more than help at all. I'd be happy to be wrong about this.

Mav

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2000, 12:37:00 PM »
HiTech explained the Perk system fully online the other night.  At the time it made total sense as I had been very against this.  I had originally thought that the 'best pilots will only get better' kind of thing.  HT did explain that any death will make you lose the points, in other words you're back to square one in getting a perk plane.  After more thought I then realised at just how hard, or how easy is it going to get to obtain a perk plane?  Obviously some will be have a higher value to others...

So, some thoughts on Perk Planes

1  If pilots have to survive to build up points then you may see a lot of 'running' from fights which is something that doesn't bother me but it does bother a lot of other people.  

2  Those that really want perk planes may not even attempt to defend bases or go into a odds against you furball or whatever.

3  Now this is the biggest question and it is something that I've only just realised.  I will estimate that only a few people will actually get to use these perk planes and that they will be rather rare in the MA.  This is very good news if it means that the 262 being available.  BUT if there are to be several perk planes then that's going to keep HTC very busy designing them... something that is going to take a lot of time and effort and yet most of use won't see the benefit of them.  We could be in for a bigger wait for patches or other new aircraft.  In other words what priority will be given to perk planes?  I don't want them to affect the other development of the game which I believe is just as important to try and keep the current players have a fun time and also to try and attract other sim enthusiasts.  If the perk system doesn't effect the development of AH then I think I could live with perks!!  

As for the other items Gatt, I fully agree with ya!  I'd love early planes to be made available for a HA.

Just my 2 pence worth.    

Regards

'Nexx'

[This message has been edited by Replicant (edited 08-29-2000).]
NEXX

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2000, 12:49:00 PM »

Gatt, don't forget Fiats and Brewsters

Fishu, forget it. Finnish are too tuff with those kites  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Nath-BDP

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2000, 01:46:00 PM »
I'm sure you'll be able to fly the perk planes offline or in TA.

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2000, 03:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by Replicant:
HT did explain that any death will make you lose the points, in other words you're back to square one in getting a perk plane.  After more thought I then realized at just how hard, or how easy is it going to get to obtain a perk plane?  Obviously some will be have a higher value to others...

So, some thoughts on Perk Planes

1  If pilots have to survive to build up points then you may see a lot of 'running' from fights which is something that doesn't bother me but it does bother a lot of other people.  

I wish I had been online to see HT explain this system because I’m having a difficult time trying to understand how a perk system will do anything but allow better planes for those pilots that are already at the top as well as it promoting cheating, running, lone wolfs, etc. to gain these points to be used toward a perk plane.  

2  Those that really want perk planes may not even attempt to defend bases or go into a odds against you furball or whatever.

Exactly my thoughts!

3  Now this is the biggest question and it is something that I've only just realized.  I will estimate that only a few people will actually get to use these perk planes and that they will be rather rare in the MA.  This is very good news if it means that the 262 being available.  BUT if there are to be several perk planes then that's going to keep HTC very busy designing them... something that is going to take a lot of time and effort and yet most of use won't see the benefit of them.  We could be in for a bigger wait for patches or other new aircraft.  In other words what priority will be given to perk planes?  I don't want them to affect the other development of the game which I believe is just as important to try and keep the current players have a fun time and also to try and attract other sim enthusiasts.  If the perk system doesn't effect the development of AH then I think I could live with perks!!    

It WILL effect the development of AH, how could it not?  Ok I guess the only way it wouldn’t effect the development would be if AH is planning on hiring more people.

I’ll say it again, I have confidence in HiTech and crew, but I feel the perk system is something that ‘could’ take away from the sim I hoped AH would become.  I guess I’ll just have to wait to see how it turns out.

Mox

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2000, 10:44:00 PM »
Praise on...

Im with all of those, espc #1

Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group