Author Topic: tip on m3's and lvt's w/troops  (Read 470 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
tip on m3's and lvt's w/troops
« on: March 18, 2004, 10:46:52 AM »
in lvt's you can use your guns to take down several bldgs, also you can drop troops while in hi gear toodling around.

in m3 you can take down bout 3 bldgs and can drop troops in 2nd gear just fine.

just passed this along because i didn't know it until i tried the rolling drops.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 10:56:17 AM »
here's another tip regarding climbing out.  if you get your airspeed to about 180 b4 engaging autopilot you'll climb higher and faster than you would have if you autoclimbed the entire way.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 01:55:57 PM »
Ah, but who's been climbing more?

It takes time and energy to get up to speed 180.  Does the amount you can climb make up for the amount you could have been climbing?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 08:52:36 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Does the amount you can climb make up for the amount you could have been climbing?

Waste 6 minutes of you life and find out :)

http://webpages.charter.net/clauig/Test.zip

2 films, 3 min. each.

On the manual takeoff I waited until around 200 mph before kicking in auto-climb. Broke the gear in the process. Planes were P-51D, 25% fuel and the 6-gun package. WEP on all the way.

Someone better at manual takeoffs might be able to snag an extra 1k or so over Auto :D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 10:17:13 PM »
Originally posted by quig
Waste 6 minutes of you life and find out :)

On the manual takeoff I waited until around 200 mph before kicking in auto-climb. Broke the gear in the process. Planes were P-51D, 25% fuel and the 6-gun package. WEP on all the way.
Someone better at manual takeoffs might be able to snag an extra 1k or so over Auto :D

Hap meant to fly along level and build speed before going into auto climb mode,  not manually climbing.
theory#1- take off with auto take-off on, which will continuely climb after gear comes up automatically.
theory#2- take off, raise gear and fly level til speed is built up then go into auto-climb.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 10:28:22 PM »
Yeah, i got it.  The question was, can the C47 who leveled off ever be higher then the C47 who just did autoclimb if they both left at the same time?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"