Author Topic: Gunsight  (Read 575 times)

Offline pat

• Zinc Member
Gunsight
« on: March 27, 2004, 09:21:04 AM »
I am looling for a plain black/red dot gunsight.  I have tried a few others but think simple is best.  I d/l a plain dot but when I installed it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it blocked my whole windshield??   Anyone have a gunsight like this I could have?  I am kinda new to ah so maybe I installed it wrong,,,,,,however all the other gunsights I d/led worked,,,,,,,,,,hmmmmm???

Cuboid

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Gunsight
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 01:02:04 PM »
Did you try adjusting the "alpha"

Offline pat

• Zinc Member
Gunsight
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 01:02:48 PM »
I am Having trouble with your E mail addy TC,,,,,,keeps getting returned,,,,,,Hmmmmmmm

Pat
Cuboid@sbcglobal.net

Offline pat

• Zinc Member
?
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 01:03:31 PM »
How?

pat

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Gunsight
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 01:18:18 PM »
Red Dot  gunsight sent to you Pat, check ya email.

Alpha should only be relevant if you are using the neon glow type gunsights? if I am not mistaken.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Gunsight
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 01:23:34 PM »
for simple color changes to the sight Pat, you can open the bmp file in mspaint and use the color filler to change red to black , then save file with different name. To get into it  deeper, you can make custom sites but I suggest you use Paint shop pro, or Photoshop to do these task.

You can use a base template ( ie... the reddot.bmp file) and add to it as you desire to come up with your own version.

I do think size of file plays a roll here so keep file size down.

Others on the boards know more about this then I do, maybe they will post. You can also search the boards for Gun site info.

Good Luck! :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline pat

• Zinc Member
Gunsight
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 01:37:16 PM »
TC I d/l file into my sights folder and it appears correctly when I open in the game setting folder,  however when I select it for a plane the whole windshield becomes white???

Cuboid

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Gunsight
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 02:33:21 PM »
Sorry Pat, am getting the same, my bad. I am working on it now.  I went and downloaded that file from one of the listed websites,  I should have checked it first.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Gunsight
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 02:49:41 PM »
OK Pat, I just emailed you another one fresh built, tested it and all works fine.

let me know how it works.......

Offline pat

• Zinc Member
Thankyou
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 03:14:54 PM »
This version works great!!........I spent 3 or 4 hours with this,,,,,,lol
I hope my flying goes better than this.  Thanks again!

pat
Cuboid:aok