Author Topic: GV Squads  (Read 1357 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
GV Squads
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2004, 02:56:06 PM »
The LTAR's are a cool bunch...to fight with or fight against.

I'm still chuckling over the kill one of them got on me.  I was a proud M8, disabled the track on one's Panzer.  Sadly it spun him sideways, directly into me.  As I'm cramming to shove the thing in reverse, I see the turrent coming down....aiming, loading...and poof...I'm LePaul Debris  :rofl

Offline Lazer

• Nickel Member
GV Squads
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2004, 05:43:21 PM »
Yeah, I have had a few of them shoot me from out of icon range.  Not cool. :D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 07:10:30 PM by Lazer »

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
GV Squads
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2004, 05:43:41 PM »
The LTARS are the best at what they do!
And Im gald there knights:aok

Offline palef

• Gold Member
GV Squads
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2004, 05:55:25 PM »
A Squaddie, RAK (used to be RAK49), used to run the 52nd Armoured Cav and we (the 52nd Kiwi) used to run air strikes in conjunction with them. It was superb.

The LTARs are a hoot, especially Moil, who is a supernaturally good shot in an Ostie. They are good guys and always respond to a .
Retired

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
GV Squads
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2004, 09:27:46 AM »
They must have alot of free time too! Driving in the main isn't always easy I noticed :eek:

Keep on the good work :aok

Btw, how many are in their squad? I'll have a look at the list

Offline Boozer2

• Copper Member
GV Squads
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 01:00:28 AM »
Only GV gunner that can hit me is GTR, I'm sure she kept a kill ration over anyone, plugged planes at 3k.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
GV's
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2004, 12:23:06 AM »
I salute you ALL, friend and foe for the wonderful comments about GV's, there impact on the game and of the LTAR squadron
For those that don't know LTAR stands for "Lead To Air Ratio"
This game is what we {the arena} make it, we enjoy what we do, we believe we are good at it {debatable i'm sure} and our squad is very tight and effective {most of the time :}
Please do not get me wrong, as I write how effective we are there is just as mnay {actually more} very skilled pilots in the game that keep us on our toes with their precision bombing.  
I would also like to advise everyone that we {LTAR} are not the only skilled GV squad in the arena. The 1st SS Panzer Divsion has dealt us a couple {actually a few} harsh blows on the battlefield, LTAR has much respect for the 1st SS Panzers
P.S. SCDR, Gustav & riverat are extremely good {almost too good} and must be dealt with very carefully I might ad.

to you all

Offline shaky1

• Zinc Member
GV Squads
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2004, 11:21:56 PM »
Thanks for the kudos guys and remember no matter how mad we get its still just a game

ONE AND ALL

LTARprts
ITS A BIG MAP OUT THERE SO STAY OFF MY AIRFIELD!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 11:24:00 PM by shaky1 »

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
GV Squads
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2004, 11:32:53 PM »
BAH! They're like all the rest! You spawn camp 'em and they come over and auger next to your tiger with an A20 o' deth!

Oh, wait! That was Lazer! :rofl

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
GV Squads
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2004, 10:49:17 AM »
Thanks one and all, appreciate the great posts!
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
GV Squads
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2004, 10:59:33 AM »
Originally posted by shaky1
Thanks for the kudos guys and remember no matter how mad we get its still just a game

ONE AND ALL

LTARprts
ITS A BIG MAP OUT THERE SO STAY OFF MY AIRFIELD!

I seem to run into you the most!  Either when you are in an La7 or GV.  We always seem to trade a lot of fire.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
If you like gv action...
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2004, 12:31:40 PM »
...you should have checked out our "Battle of the Bulge" mini-event in the AH2 beta arena.  You missed a great time.  Here's the link to the after-action report.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111498
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
GV Squads
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2004, 01:16:05 PM »
i always wondered if they had different sight in those flacks and if they do would they be willing to share? right now i cant hit the broadside of a barn from inside with a flack! LOL
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
GV Squads
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2004, 09:39:02 PM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
i always wondered if they had different sight in those flacks and if they do would they be willing to share? right now i cant hit the broadside of a barn from inside with a flack! LOL

sights? we don't need no stinking sights! Actually some of us don't use the sights, just hit the page up key and follow the tracers instead of using the sight. It will take some getting used to but works great for some of us!
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Lazer

• Nickel Member
GV Squads
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2004, 10:17:39 PM »
Too bad Vossy would get his pants flown off, so I don't understand why he is lipping off... ;)