Author Topic: nukes!  (Read 1038 times)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
well well
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2004, 12:17:22 AM »
well well i certainly acheived a reply from this :D  was'nt my intent but im glad too see that it did spark some diverse reactions!

first 1000 perks was just a number i threw out there, the number would be high enough to ashure the difficulty getting theese very difficult, secondly i dissagree about no nuke's in ww2 , if it wasnt for 2 nuke's the war would have been prolonged and hundreds of thousands of more lives would have been lost.

i havent hit my year mark yet in ah but i've log around one hundred hours a month for my past 6 so im not as nu as some, and those who know me no i can kill ya just as well as the rest. but i think it would be very cool if nuke bomber bases could be stationed close to headcorders to menise the enemy.

thats all;) ::aok

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
clue rake enclosed....
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2004, 09:44:51 AM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
well well i certainly acheived a reply from this :D  was'nt my intent but im glad too see that it did spark some diverse reactions!

first 1000 perks was just a number i threw out there, the number would be high enough to ashure the difficulty getting theese very difficult, secondly i dissagree about no nuke's in ww2 , if it wasnt for 2 nuke's the war would have been prolonged and hundreds of thousands of more lives would have been lost.

i havent hit my year mark yet in ah but i've log around one hundred hours a month for my past 6 so im not as nu as some, and those who know me no i can kill ya just as well as the rest. but i think it would be very cool if nuke bomber bases could be stationed close to headcorders to menise the enemy.

thats all;) ::aok

I think you miss the point...  It's not about winning the war...it's about FIGHTING the war :D.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
nukes!
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2004, 10:28:05 AM »
I'd rather see napalm.
That was actually used
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
nukes!
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2004, 01:01:16 PM »
Originally posted by JB42
Um, in the History of mankind, only 2 nukes were ever dropped on enemy targets. Doubt the same ratio would be reflected in the MA.

NO NUKES!!! :aok

No, I think 68DevilM has the right idea. When the B-29 is implemented, make a nuclear bomb a weapon that costs 500 perks to load, and will take out the entirety of whatever it's dropped on -- an airfield, HQ, city, or factory. And each side gets two of them per reset -- after all, once the US had dropped their two bombs, they were out of fissile material for quite some time.

Making them cost only 500 perks is the key, you see. Perk them at 1000, and people are going to be really leery about using them. Lower the perk cost to 500, and you've moved the cost down to where any tard who has done a significant amount of bombing will be able to take up a nuke, so they'll get used up in the first day or two of a map where they won't make any long-term difference, and the people screaming to have nukes can spend their time swearing at the tards who 'wasted' their country's nukes rather than saving them to win the war, and the rest of us can go back to our regular gangbangs.

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
nukes!
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2004, 04:57:24 PM »
Atomic bombs cannot be modeled very well in Aces High.  It would make the game too fake.  It would be like adding a flyable pterodactly to the game.

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
nukes!
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2004, 06:49:14 PM »
There are several gameplay issues associated with nukes, too. just drop the subject, its probably never going to happen.

Offline VgasX

• Copper Member
nukes!
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2004, 07:43:16 PM »
Originally posted by JB42
Um, in the History of mankind, only 2 nukes were ever dropped on enemy targets. Doubt the same ratio would be reflected in the MA.

NO NUKES!!! :aok

After history in AH (massive troop drops) if we drop 2 nukes it would crash the server and that will be the end of nukes! LOL

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
nukes!
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2004, 08:17:38 AM »
Don't want them either BUT, remember Big Isles and Pizza?  A few nukes and BOOM, map reset, everyone happy.

On second thought, enable nukes on those maps only, make them so they can take out a 9 sector square at the time, and make them free.

LOL :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Gloves

• Nickel Member
nukes!
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2004, 08:46:33 AM »
LOL.  Nukes = Ultimate Killshooter.  :lol

Glove

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
nukes!
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2004, 09:01:37 AM »
Aahh..

A lone B-17 flies over a furball area..

it drops..

Oooh... not bad..

If there's only one suicidal bomber pilot, he can single handedly wipe out all the enemies furballing down low, without harming frdly pilots.. and just killing himself due to the KS effect.

How nice..

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
nukes!
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2004, 09:38:22 AM »
Inevitable that any talk of nukes sooner or later would get to suicidal/terrorist nukes.  Way too scary ....
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous