Author Topic: Christianity Debunked???  (Read 2526 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 05:01:45 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Lazs2, I guess I don't like it when people pee on me and try to tell me its raining, and that's exactly what religious folk do.

"My god finds your behavior sinful, so we will outlaw it.  It's for your own good."

"My god says that you must not do that thing you are doing, so my people will come together and harass or kill you to stop you from doing it.  It's for your own good."

"God tells me that I must convert everyone, and it doesn't matter if it's a conversion at the church or conversion at the sword.  It may kill you, but...  it's for your own good."

I find it very hard to believe you have suffered this sort of persecution from Christians, especially in California.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 05:06:15 PM »
chair... if you are happy with your life and the way you are... what do you care what they think of you?   You are taking it all very personaly and you are lashing out.   You are attacking people who aren't attacking you.

I know it is nowhere on the dork scale as say... pointing out someones art or jukebox of a car is crap but... some folks will be offended by your lashing out.

I am also an agnostic on religion... I believe in a higher power tho.

When a Mormon or whatever comes to the door I tell him my neighbor is a jehova and the guy across the street is catholic and the guy i work with is a baptist and the guy at the liquor store is a muslim..  I ask hoim to get together with them and when they get it all straightened out and agreed on who is right then come back to me and we will discuss it.

lazs

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 05:18:29 PM »
Well My God Loves everyone!
My God created everyone therefore there is no reason for racism.
My God forgives us of our mistakes.

I dont see My God as some of the fire and brimestone crowd do I see him as a loving caring being.

you ask how bad things can happend to good people?
Well we were all given free choice and some people make the wrong choice and choose to harm others.

There Is evil in the world people I for one do believe in the Devil and He is very busy on earth right now.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 05:22:35 PM »
Geeze, that's sig material for the logic club.:eek:

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 05:39:37 PM »
(1) Religion is a way for humans to explain existance.
(2) People create religions because they don't want to accept their ultimate demise (death).

I find biology a much better explanation of things than the bible.

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 05:42:56 PM »
Although that is true, many different people flock to religion for many different reasons. Some religions do not state that there is an after life where as some do. Some religions stress gods will in every second of mortal life where as others do not. etc... Religion is a very personal choice and does not even have to remain constant but reasons can differ or evolve through time and ones life.

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2004, 05:49:03 PM »
Yes, but I have not read any of his work.  

Scientists have been able to create very primitive cells and amino acids in the lab.

Offline montag

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 05:53:29 PM »
So this Darwin guy goes to a small island in the pacific and practices his "evolution", writes a book and papers on the subject and now hes the defacto standard for aetheism. Puuleeze mrcoffee, you've been hanging around on his island for too long.

:lol

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2004, 05:56:00 PM »
Evolution is actually an accepted fact.  The mechanisms of it are still theory.

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2004, 06:00:17 PM »
Originally posted by SunTracker
Evolution is actually an accepted fact.  The mechanisms of it are still theory.

The Bible is actually an accepted Fact. (to christians);)

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2004, 06:04:39 PM »
Originally posted by montag
So this Darwin guy goes to a small island in the pacific and practices his "evolution", writes a book and papers on the subject and now hes the defacto standard for aetheism. Puuleeze mrcoffee, you've been hanging around on his island for too long.

:lol

Hey I said I believed in god so god will save me. Stop being so cold man.

:D

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2004, 06:16:37 PM »
Originally posted by LAWCobra
The Lord Jesus is my saviour and I am his humble child.
I take comfort in knowing this and I feel pitty for those who don't.

Wait a minute... I thought you said you were Jewish?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2004, 06:38:34 PM »
Originally posted by storch

Now to your first myth we will bust.  Would you by chance be refering to the "Miller-Urey" Experiment?

Here is a good article on Miller-Urey - Touches on successes and problems.

http://www.chem.duke.edu/~jds/cruise_chem/Exobiology/miller.html

Offline VFJACKAL

• Copper Member
Whats funny about .....
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2004, 06:49:34 PM »
This whole thing some of you have with this there is no God argument is......

Your trying so hard to disprove something you don't believe in , in the first place. If you don't believe there is a God...Why do you all continue to argue that fact?

Seems that Christians say they believe , and you all sort of say something like...."No You Don't really cause we can prove there isn't one."

You all are the first to bash christians if they were to heaven forbid talk about God in front of you , stating that it is being forced on you. Yet you'll state right back that there isn't one. Stale Mate.

I for one don't EVER discuss my beliefs unless asked or it's brought up. And , even at that point it is with caution as to keep the peace. I have no desire to hear your Atheist preachings as you have no desire to hear my christian preachings.

It just seems that you Atheists are trying hard to disprove something you don't believe in and are doing the very same thing as what you don't like done to you.

Just my kicles worth.

;)

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2004, 06:52:12 PM »
How is this for logic....everything that you see, the thousands of plants and animal species all came from a primordial soup of various chemicals and gases...They don't have a clue as to how this occured, but trust to their infinite wisdom thats how every thing was created. How about this ...A tornado blew through a junk yard and assembled a ready to fly 747...sounds plausible. After all, all the building materials are there, the wire glass steel etc.