Author Topic: Christianity Debunked???  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
experiment - proof of the Divine
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2004, 12:31:38 AM »
for one year, everyday, find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed for an hour

tune the world out by just counting ur breaths to 10 then repeat.
do not think of anything else while doing this. when the mind strays, go back to counting ur breath. make ur mind as calm as a lake right before a summer afternoon rainstorm, flat as glass.

do this for a year and come back and tell me there isn't a divine spark inside you, every one of you - through which we are all connected

you'll find ur mind is like a herd of wild horses and you do not control it, it controls you. with practice you can reverse this, if you try and stick with it. most are too busy running off at the mouth or running around doing whatever the mind tells them that has to be done "right now'. once the monkey mind is calm, you will see/feel life as you were intended to - b4 u got so "busy"
the treasure is there at the bottom of the lake, you just can't see it as the winds of ur mind keep the surface of the lake so churned up it is impossible to see through it

see you in a year
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2004, 12:35:16 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
I have the same opinion of Christianity as I do about homosexuality. Believe what you will and do what you want. Just don't try to convert me. It makes me surly.

One thing great about this country of ours, you have the freedom to live as you wish. You may have to answer for how you lived afterwards, but certainly not to me.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2004, 12:49:54 AM »
Originally posted by storch
You either worship the one true God or the father of all lies, irrespective of his current manifestations.  allah, buddah, voodoo, athieism, agnosticsim, wiccans, animists or anything other than God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit all in one is Satan worship.

Opinions like this are what make it so much simpler to dehumanize others before killing them.
sand

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2004, 12:54:43 AM »
jesus was gay.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2004, 12:59:10 AM »
Originally posted by Furious
jesus was gay.

He was accused of blasphemy, nailed to a cross, and his followers fed to the lions and persecuted for millenia. I don't think a little name calling compares, do you?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2004, 01:09:15 AM »
I try to be tolerant and not worry about the other nonsense. ;)
sand

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2004, 01:11:10 AM »
storch

all paths lead to the Divine

don't blame the path but blame the one who is traveling on it

i find your "satan" reference very extremist islamic/middle eastern  aka ignorant/prejudice sounding

:)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2004, 01:16:54 AM »
Originally posted by storch
Your choice, don't forget the asbestos underware though:aok

I don't believe that "belief" is a choice at all. ;) I can't simply turn the faith on and believe that JC died for me. I tried.

On the bright side, if/when I do get to hell, all my friends will be there, but I'll be the only one that knows why. :D
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2004, 01:23:55 AM »
... or "Hello Dolly"?

:D
sand

Offline stiehl

• Copper Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2004, 02:26:28 AM »
Why does your omnipotent god need people to worship it? If your god is "the one true god" and is benevolent, then I wouldn't think that it would care what you called your faith(or lack of) as long as you lived a good life and did no harm.

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2004, 03:43:41 AM »
The biggest kicker for me was this- Why would God send/allow me to burn in fire for eternity for not worshipping him on earth.  I didn't like the idea of myself or my friends burning for eternity, so I kicked that crazy religion (Christianity).

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2004, 03:51:31 AM »
Yes you are Frog. You should kneel and submit to Grunherz' view-point on everything.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2004, 03:53:47 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Wait a minute... I thought you said you were Jewish?

There are jews that believe in Christ.

Offline MrCoffee

• Silver Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2004, 04:03:45 AM »
Well if you think about it and ask yourself, what is religion. What does it serve to mankind or a people who worship it. It is not just one factor of influence in ones life but rather many factors. In history religion was god/creator, rule/law, ethics/morality, science, philosphy, and even history which from it derives power, influence, and military ideas. So through history as the various sciences and other aspects of society develop, it is natural that inconsistancies, ambiguiities, and contradictions arise. So in that regard I wonder how Christianity will evolve itself in the next 200-400 years.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Christianity Debunked???
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2004, 05:38:37 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
He was accused of blasphemy, nailed to a cross, and his followers fed to the lions and persecuted for millenia. I don't think a little name calling compares, do you?

Acutally the romans only persecuted the christians for about 50 years. Around 300Ad It became the state religion of rome. The last 200 years of the roman empire the pagans were being fed to the lions. The Head of the library at alexandria was skinned alive while her library was burned to the ground by christians. 90 percent of the worlds knowledge went up in those flames. And why did they do it? Reason was banned by the church.

I myself am a work in progress. Only to be completed upon my corporal death when I will shed this corrupt vessel and enter into divine presence.  

Hey thats neo-platonic theory! If you want to study the history of how your religion came to pass just read some books on the subject of neo-platonic theory. You can find out how the christian thought was created. How it all stems from plato. Its really interesting on how they came up with the trinity way before jesus ever came about. And did you know the spot jesus took in the trinity was actually held by apollo and at one time the war god mithra.