Author Topic: Explain this to me please.  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
come full circle
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2004, 10:10:35 AM »
... we will all be selling slurpees :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Explain this to me please.
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2004, 10:12:18 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
by driving through you can determine this?

by also reading up on the stats. Harpers did a brilliant story on it a couple months ago.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2004, 10:33:35 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster
I would think equal taxation on income whether generated at home or abroad would be levelling the playing field a bit.  

A little example of how a Kerry-like plan will evolve:

Stanley Works (Stanly Tools etc) attempted to "invert" and set up with a company in Bermuda as its Head Office.  There was an uproar in the US and in Connecticut in particular.  The shareholders voted to keep the company HQ in the US.

Stanley Works then promptly fired 1,000 of its employees.

THAT is how job loss occurs in the US through Kerry-like plans.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2004, 10:56:17 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger

a good movie about Kerry's protesting endevours
http://www.stopjohn.com/pages/movies/hanoi-john.htm

Weak.

Oh... and it contradicts Grunherzs earlier post.
sand

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2004, 11:01:33 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
A little example of how a Kerry-like plan will evolve:

Stanley Works (Stanly Tools etc) attempted to "invert" and set up with a company in Bermuda as its Head Office.  There was an uproar in the US and in Connecticut in particular.  The shareholders voted to keep the company HQ in the US.

Stanley Works then promptly fired 1,000 of its employees.

THAT is how job loss occurs in the US through Kerry-like plans.

So the US should be cowards when it comes to corporations?
At least reagan wasnt such a ***** when it came to protecting american jobs.( remember the japanese car quotas)
I say if a company moves its factory off shore to then sell its goods back to the US, make them pay for it.  Make it so its just as expensive to move the operation off shore as it is to hire the best workers in the world.

What is the point of being able to buy cheap crap at walmart if you dont have a job.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2004, 12:22:23 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Weak.

Oh... and it contradicts Grunherzs earlier post.

How so?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2004, 12:33:49 PM »
Sandman I imagine you arev refring to my statement that he was hawkish first then anti war.

From what I read a few months ago is that he ran to the right against a liberal guy (a jesuit priest iirc) in some mass election and lost and thats when he turned left and anti war.
Intrestingly also I recently heard some recodrings of Nixon whitehouse meetings where theyt discuused Kerry. Aside from it being creepy that they watched him so close, Nixons own investigators noted that Kerry made an opportunistic 180 on the anti-war issue.

So I'm not sure of the chronlogy of the video in this thread or who made it, but based on the evidence I have seen I'm pretty confident of the fact that Kerry flip-flopped even that early.