Author Topic: CT vs MA  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
CT vs MA
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2004, 11:16:47 AM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
I like the CT myself.  Even though sometimes if folks are all spread out it is hard to find a fight.  I'm just curious though are the damage % for aircraft being adjusted too in here?  Reason I ask is because I've hit some folks at times with 20mms and they just seem to keep flying.

I don't know if it's because of how low my ping rate is compared to others and I'm just seeing sprites that aren't actually hitting.  Gets frustrating when you get shots like that then go to the MA and find a similiar engagement with similiar aircraft and they seem to go down or take damage where as in the CT sometimes they don't.

We don't have a way to change the hit % within the game at all. Even if we did I wouldn't go down that road at all just because of the firestorm it would start. Also we as a staff are able to change the accuracy of the AAA but we tend to leave it at .7 as a rule because its accurate enough in my opinion.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Pete

• Zinc Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2004, 01:25:27 PM »
I prefer the CT because I have found the lower numbers do tend to provide for a better gaming experience.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2004, 02:53:11 PM »
I prefer the CT because of gameplay, but even moreso because of the people who are regulars there. The CT "community" is so much smaller that most folks know each other and battles dont become personal, at least not for me. For example, in the MA if you get a kill that person more often than not comes up on Ch1 and starts with the "top 10 whines" list, IE your a cheater, your a vulcher, your a furball tard, whatever. In the CT, not always, but more often than not, you get a " sir, good fight".

Yeah, both sides have whiners, yeah both sides gangbang and vulch, yeah both sides have a sprinkling of jerks, yeah both sides do some trash talking, but the frequency and the level of hate is much, much lower than the MA.

Add to that the, IMO, better quality of air to air fights and the ability to fly/learn early war planes and the CT is where I spend 99% of my AH time.

Offline Tillie38

• Zinc Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2004, 03:01:09 PM »
I just recently tried out the the CT.  I love it so far.  Where else can you find yourself chasing down a JU-87 in a Spit V?  I look forward to having my prettythang handed to me by this more experienced crew.

Offline Corwin

• Copper Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2004, 04:37:23 PM »
I like the CT because people who fly there are all handsome specimens and in peak physical condition.  The women are all stunningly beautiful and find my wit scintillating,  my beer tastes better, my dog gets enough cheese,  and there's always plenty of TP on the roll and a magazine I haven't read in the rack.

And the surprise party they threw for my 40th birthday caught me totally off guard!  Who would have though that this great bunch would have each sold a kidney to buy me a reconditioned Shelby Mustang?!

You guys are too much :D

Long live the CT!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2004, 05:22:14 PM »
Yeah ... well ... I wanna ride in that gorram Shelby mustang! :D

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2004, 06:03:37 PM »
I think we need to conduct an expirament.

How bout, for one day, every other person going into the MA gets rejected.  How many people do you think we can lure into becoming big time CT'ers?

Btw, I mainly play MA because I get in moods for certain planes.  I.E., some days I want to pop tanks with an Il2.  Others I want to fly a spitfire, others an LA7, others a hurricane Mk1.  If the plane is available in the CT (that I know of), I'll go there.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
CT vs MA
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2004, 07:47:29 PM »
Originally posted by Corwin
I like the CT because people who fly there are all handsome specimens and in peak physical condition.  The women are all stunningly beautiful and find my wit scintillating,  my beer tastes

yeah your right. Arlo is a stunning wench.:aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2004, 11:42:06 PM »
But Loretta has a purdier mouth. :D

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2004, 12:08:32 AM »
CT is the best place to test yourself against legends as long as you don't keep score.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2004, 10:30:40 AM »
And the surprise party they threw for my 40th birthday caught me totally off guard! Who would have though that this great bunch would have each sold a kidney to buy me a reconditioned Shelby Mustang?!

I loved my 100th year Fatboy they got me for my 30th last year. I let Concho borrow it however and have'nt seen it or him for 6 months. I heard the fugger traded it for beer , a hooker, and a '78 Chevy pickup:(

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2004, 12:02:29 PM »
MA is just  a game where u just up what ever plane u wanted and go kill till killed or out of ammo which ever comes first. CT basically the same way except u have real life plane matchs but fewer people to kill.I tend to fly the CT for the historical match ups or as close to historical as possible the action is somtimes a little slower,but for some fast action hard to beat the MA.:D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2004, 10:30:42 PM »
You back yet Key?

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
CT vs MA
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2004, 01:07:09 PM »
Nah just crusing the boards havent stoped by in a while

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member