Author Topic: XP and TM Peddles  (Read 232 times)

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
XP and TM Peddles
« on: March 24, 2004, 11:23:11 AM »
I am now building a new computer. And I'm finally breaking down and going to use Win XP. Right now all my controls are not USB. So I'm going to have to head to Fry's to buy at least the Sticke and throttle.

So now my question is this. Can I still use my old Thrustmaster peddles as well. I really going to hate having to use the CH. Just don't like them as well as the Thrustmaster's. I think this may have be answered awhile back, be not sure if I remember the answer. I think you can. But not sure how I might work.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
XP and TM Peddles
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 10:06:12 PM »
I am able to use my ancient TM RCS pedals with my TM Cougar gear. I don't know if the CH USB gear has a 15 pin port for pedal connections or not but with so many people having the older CH pedals (which were pretty good in their own right) I would hope that they did allow for connections like that to their USB gear. Otherwise you might want to try one of the Serial-to-USB adapters. I have read that some people have had good success using those things but I don't have any personal experience with it.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
XP and TM Peddles
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 11:24:17 AM »
Thanks. I'll look into it.

I have the new system up and running now. Just started loading stuff from my old system onto the new one. Haven't hooked it up to the net yet. Have a few more things to do to it before I do. Win98 is now ticking me off. Just hate to give up my old controls.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline igshill

• Zinc Member
yur in luck
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 08:10:20 AM »
firbal your in luck. as you know xp does not support gameport or keyboard programing. i have ch f16 fiterstic gameport and just a few days ago was able to get it fully functional in xp. there are a couple ways to go. basically you need to install a freeware app called porttalk. (i/o ports in xp are locked). supposedly if configured properly you can even program with speedkeys in xp but i did not get that far. i have a dual boot system (xp/98). so i am able to boot to 98 to load templates to my fiterstic, then run them in xp. another workaround is another free app tht allows you to make a boot disk with a simple dos boot image and the old dos programing apps from ch (not sure about the programming of your peddals since i use ch, but you should be able to use them thru porttalk). so you boot to floppy dwnload template to stic thn reboot to xp, simple. the setup of sum of this stuff isnt easy, instructions are sketchy at best. should be able to find wht ya need at the ch hanger or stickworks.com if ya cant find links, leave another post and ill put a thread to them. or contact me in ma. IGShill
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 08:17:52 AM by igshill »