Author Topic: Could you imagine if HTC put OZ in Test arena while PIZZA Crap was up  (Read 1390 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
No wonder we havn't seen this map in test earlier.

If they didn't put it up while festers first map was in the MA no one would be there lol

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Could you imagine if HTC put OZ in Test arena while PIZZA Crap was up
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 01:28:02 PM »
Mars, you're such a banana.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 01:40:40 PM »
Yeah, I'm a banana cause what I say is true.  I think not.

Youd be the only one in the arena sneaking undefended bases till your blue in the face.  The beetle utopia lolh:rofl

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 01:59:49 PM »
:lol

Well, I just checked - 188 in the MA, and only 4 in the Test arena using the new map. I was surprised. I thought there might be 20-30 trying the new map. That's where I will be when I get a chance to play. :cool: How many undefended bases are there in OzKansas? :aok

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 02:34:40 PM »
LOL,

Whats the new map?

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 10:23:55 PM »
you know mars...you are right for once, if pizza was up, the test arena would be full :D
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 11:07:33 PM »
Overlag, stop feeding the banana's egos. If pizza led to milkrunning so much, why can't these guys get their k/d ratios up higher?

Answer: It's not the map

Offline moto61

• Copper Member
      • http://www.eastex.net/moto
OZ Map
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 12:26:10 AM »
Thought the map looked pretty cool from the post in the beginning but after looking at the test I hope it doesn;t make it into rotation. Looks like a PT Boat furball hell.

But my perspective may be skewed somewhat since I like playing for captures much more than furballing. And I truly hate the crappy Island maps HTC wont dump.

If Fester needs people to test it I suggest he get the rooks to go in there on the nights they are 100+ ahead in players, I am sure this wiuld not upset the Bish or the Rooks.

I wish that major changes to established norms would be communicated to the players at large before a map is introduced. Example- The sudden appearance of a VH with 5 hangars. The 5 hangars are OK but there may be a few key tidbits of knowlwdge that could be passed along to everyone for fairness sake. Seems like I heard of a situation where some factories could be resupplied with a very healthy perk bonus being awarded and yet this was probably a well kept secret except for a few.

Moto61

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 07:57:15 AM »
Originally posted by Overlag
you know mars...you are right for once, if pizza was up, the test arena would be full :D

No most people would still be in MA.
Cause everyone wants to go to MA reguardless of what map is up.
And most of the time people do not even pay atention to what other arenas may be open on the list, they just by habit click on the MA
If the Pizza theory were true, when pizza was up most people would head to CT. and while CT experiances a jump in nummbers when certain maps are up you still couldnt say most people head there
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 09:54:32 AM »
Moto, there was once a series of posts on this board that gave hints about such things as perks. There is a faction of people on here that think they know it all, or don't care about such things as perks (and especially GV perks), so the guy giving that info out was told to shutup in almost every thread.

Wonderously, Rod's posts were taken a bit better. The strange thing is, it's the same guy! :D

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: OZ Map
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2004, 05:48:13 PM »
Originally posted by moto61
Seems like I heard of a situation where some factories could be resupplied with a very healthy perk bonus being awarded and yet this was probably a well kept secret except for a few.

Moto61

secret? I thought it was common knowledge

Worry not about the maps.
think about it AHII is due out
How many of the current maps do you really think are going to make it into rotation? Im guessing none.

No we will be getting a whole new set of maps. And with em
A brand new set of whines about em
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2004, 09:41:36 PM »
Seems like I heard of a situation where some factories could be resupplied with a very healthy perk bonus being awarded and yet this was probably a well kept secret except for a few.

Wouldnt really call it a secret. Common knowledge within the game tells you that for resuply you are given perk points.

When FesterMA first was tossed into rotation I saw many (incuding myself) jumping into M3's and resuplying those factories.

Grab an M3, spawn to the factory, let the cargo out and hit tower. THere was no need to move an inch being that the spawn points were so close to the factories. In one day with a 1.4 perk point bonus I managed to get nearly 2000 perks doing this. It was one of those days when flying didnt seem like fun and this was just an easy way to get perks for GV's that I rarely ever use.

From listening to people whine about these newer maps becoming so hard to reset I have one thing to say.

It looks like players; if they wish to take bases, will need to get back to that thing called team work.

Personaly, I couldnt care less about resets. If the situation arises where I am needed to help out in a base capture, I will do so. But too much stress comes along with trying to "win the war"...

I'd much rather have a night filled with great fights then the stress of taking bases and trying to win the war. But again, thats just my opinion.

FesterMA can be reset, it has been done from what I remember. But it takes team work to do so. Simple as that.

After looking over OzKansas, (festers latest map) I am speachless. It IMHO is the best map that AH has ever seen. If people would see past this "everyone wants to furball" crap I think they too would see the map the way I and many others do.

I cant wait to see this map up in the MA and even more so I cant wait to listen to all the whines from the land grabbers and base porkers.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2004, 01:47:07 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS

From listening to people whine about these newer maps becoming so hard to reset I have one thing to say.

It looks like players; if they wish to take bases, will need to get back to that thing called team work.

All I can say about those whiners is... Awwwwwe pooor baby.
My hearts just pumping purple pee for ya's

I highly doubt the maps were ever originallyment to be easily reset.

Tougher maps to reset add to the game not take away from it.
Its called  challange
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2004, 03:38:47 AM »
i made ozkansas design with the intention that it should be resetable and wanted to keep the front moving so that players can fight on all parts of the map because every part of the map is completely detailed and very interesting in its own way. very little is the same, even the terrain changes from tropical island looking to aird and dry.

lots to see lots to fight over.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2004, 07:55:41 AM »
]

I wish that major changes to established norms would be communicated to the players at large before a map is introduced.  

Moto61

Agreed. A little standardiseing of new maps being introduced would go a long way.
  Seems like , as it is, even field designations such as small, med, large or not being held to on Totoland.
  I tryed reporting that one of the fields on Totoland , designated as a small field actualy had a "sister" field or an extra runway adjoining it. I used the "Bug Reports" section to do this. I was promptly replied to by Pester with the fact that it was Midway iIsland and was supposed to be that way. Comments about surprises, eating at McDonalds , etc were also added to be so very cute. :D
  #1 I assumed the test arena was put up for the same reason all the test arenas are put up, For testing and the reporting of bugs.
 #2 I also assumed that`s what the Bug reports forum was put up bt HTC for. In other words to report bugs about a terrain or whatever is being tested to the folks at HTC.
  I didn`t realize that Pester had purchased HTC. If this is the case the name needs to be changed to Pester Tech Creations. If not I think it needs to be left to HT, Skuzzy and staff.
  The point I am trying to make is the players at least need to be let in on what is included in the map instead of just a few knowing what is actualy included .
  When you pull up your "small field " map on the clipboard you will find one, single runway at that field. There is no notation that you are headed on an Easter egg hunt or to Fantasy Island for a rousing scavenger hunt with Tattoo. :D
  That is all. You may now return to your regualrly scheduled programming.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------