Author Topic: I've seen the Aces High terrain in real life :)  (Read 206 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
I've seen the Aces High terrain in real life :)
« on: December 25, 1999, 08:51:00 AM »
 Hiya guys! and a merry Christmas to all!  Dies and myself just got back to Austin from a road trip to Groovey Las Vegas baby! Yeah Baby! YEAH!

We drove I-10 all the way to Pheonix, but it was in west Texas where we saw the AH terrain.  There were mesa's all around, all of them going to about 4-5k ft.  and there were NO trees at all, only small bushes.  It looked just like the terrain we fly over every day.

So I just wanted to give a big hardy WTFG to the HTsim guys!  Good job!!!!

Udie

Shepard121

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 1999, 12:32:00 PM »
You guys are from Austin?!  I'm also an Austinite! :-)

-Shep

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 1999, 01:57:00 PM »
Greetings Udie, my JG-3 friend  

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 1999, 03:15:00 PM »
Heh, you never know who here might be from Austin.

Udie, it never occured to me that we are flying around a green-hued Big Bend, but now that you mention it, I can see it.  I'm just thankful they didn't model the terrain around Lubbock.

Gordo

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 1999, 06:14:00 PM »
 Actualy I live just outside of Houston in Cypress Tx.  My buddy Dies lives in Round Rock, Tx.  And I just got home tonight  

Lance, yes it does only i forgot to mention the green hue.  I was realy freaking out over how much west tx looked like our mountains. When we drove through El Paso on friday it was snowing BIGTIME. I mean like a blizzard.  That looked realy cool.  All the brown dirt was covered with white snow. hehehe it still looked like a desert...

udie