Author Topic: Skuzzy your thoughts, or anybody else's :)  (Read 252 times)

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Skuzzy your thoughts, or anybody else's :)
« on: March 27, 2004, 04:09:18 PM »
I noticed something wierd going on a few times but thought nothing of it to start with.
But when it happened after i had logged out of game in disgust i decided to pursue it.

Problem was if i browsed my computer and tried to delete a file Zonealarm would pop up and ask if i wished to allow windows explorer to connect to the internet (by default i allow internet explorer but have windows explorer to ask permission) i can think of no valid reason to allow it access.
So i think why the hell  should windows explorer be trying to connect to the net when i am deleting my own files from my own computer ?
Checked my logs in Zonealarm and i see that windows explorer, something called symantec integrater and even ahfilm.exe have been trying to access crl.verisign.com (64.94.110.12:80)

Now why would deleting a file locally require windows explorer connecting to verisign ?

I manually sifted through my cookies deleting everything i did not specifically recognise, and rebooted my router, so far no more access attempts to verisign from any programs.
I run Nortons AV and ZA Pro as well as built in firewall in router.
Not a clue here what was going on , thoughts anybody ?  

Hmm spoke too soon just went to delete an empty folder and windows explorer tried to connect to verisign again.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member