Author Topic: A quick comparison of Aces High  (Read 3345 times)

Hans

A quick comparison of Aces High
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 1999, 04:41:00 PM »
One comment here.

Don't judge other people so much guys.

If anyone wants to say something....let them...what harm does it do?

So...to all you who like to rag on others for making comments....THPtthTPTHthhtsss ss.

Hans.

FYI...I beleave the Navy uses ALOT of two seat FA-18s and not as trainers.  They use them as ground attack planes.  Being a dual attack and fighter plane looks good on paper...but in real life it isn't.  Why do you think the Airforce uses two seat F-15s for example?

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 1999, 05:04:00 PM »
Phaetn. I did some research awhile back on that F16 vs MiG 29 after the West Germans got their hands on them. Interestingly inspite of it all, during the mock fights between the two the consensus was the the MiG was superior. The funny thing is, these weren't the "top of the line" MiG's either, the Russians saved those for themselves  

I can't remember all the details, but I think it had alot to do with the West falling seriously behind in the SRM department to the Russians.

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 1999, 06:46:00 PM »
Maybe he flew T34 tanks...we have them occasionally in Airwarrior...they just jump right up off the runway and zooooooooooom...there they go.

------------------
FYYFF!!!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 1999, 10:30:00 PM »
lol Spook and all that coming from a man who doesnt even want to fork over any money to play a game, he simply wants to use the Warbirds shareware that the iOMagic boys worked hard on and make his own server for free so he can maybe sometimes fly in a arena with 32 people in it and full of lag.

The truth be known spook, when you start posting second hand information about something you have no idea on, it makes you look like a fool. SG doesnt reply to posts on message boards but they do however reply to every email. So Spook, go play your piroted version of Warbirds and have a good time, while we enjoy our time playing BoB and Aces High. Also you boys that created Aces High, great job, outclassed Air Warrior in my opinion.  IMO, Aces High and BoB compare greatly together when it comes to a lag free enviroment, but(not being a WWII pilot) the Black outs and red outs do come extreme.  Anybody got Chuck Yeagers phone number or email addy? hehe Guess we could ask the man himself. Once again guys, great game, but I do have one problem and that is the price that I have heard about. $30 a month, I'm not sure if that is a set price but it is a bit rich for me.

Maxamillion

funked

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 1999, 01:00:00 AM »
Kats - I've read the same thing.  In a guns dogfight the Mig's are very good, with better climb and acceleration than the F-16 or F-18.  But in large scale exercises, the F-16 or F-18 has wiped out the Mig-29 due to differences in BVR capabilities.

SC-1Shot

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 1999, 11:24:00 AM »
This is quite depressing. My first visit to this forum, and I find a barrage of venomous arrogance and hostility directed at some poor guy who dares to get something half wrong, in the esteemed presence of so much obvious knowledge and experience. Looks to me like some of you could use a hard ride in a fast jet, it might knock some humility into you.

One of the few supportive ( if opposed in view ) posts was by a friend and squadmate, SC-Sp00k, and HE in turn caught some flak from someone else. A cycle of spitefulness, and for no apparent reason. I've been on this roundabout once or twice before - I was looking forward to a new and promising sim put together by the best in the business, but I forgot that what really makes a good arena is the people in it.

If this is a taste of the treatment that newbies and visitors can expect from the "locals", then this sim is doomed before it starts, no matter how good it is. And, btw, if you really were superior to someone ( LOL what the hell does THAT mean? ), I'd imagine you could handle them without resorting to hostility and ridicule.

One last thing - being a newbie here myself, I only just read the rules for this forum. I quote "You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is ... defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane..." Hmmmm looks like our naive friend may have broken one of those - maybe someone will cast the first really big stone and get him banned from posting.  

Flame away, I've gone looking for adult company.

------------------
Steve "1Shot" Ross
C.F.I.
Skeleton Crew Squadron.

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 1999, 11:48:00 AM »
>>Flame away, I've gone looking for adult company<<

Actually 1shot, you hit it on the head dude.

The "Elitest Snob" routine is pretty sad, and completely unnecessary.

-Regards

Fester

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 1999, 12:47:00 PM »
Well 1Shot if you can name one sim that does not contain spite, arrogance, and hostility toward newbies and other pilots, i'm all ears but until then we are free to express our opinions in a manner that is suitable for the public. Yes I agree they were a bit hard to Danny, he came in here expressing his opinion in a suitable manner(the best and nicest way possible) and he therefore mentioned another game that he flew where the flight model was fun and without redouts or blackouts. And myself, well after much consideration, the take offs could use a little of work, dont mind the redouts and black outs they just come on real easy. AH did a good job when it came to graphics, but when it comes to overall flight model and having a good time, my money is staying with AW3 and Battle of Britain.

Have a nice day gentlemen,
Maxamillion

(added: After flying for a while today, I got a better impression of the game. The flight model of the game just takes a little getting used to and it can be real fun. My above words were a first impression response. However when it comes to price, I for one cant really afford 30 a month   But the game does present a great challenge to a flight sim freak like myself.)

[This message has been edited by Max (edited 10-02-1999).]

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 1999, 04:37:00 AM »
HTC's "Aces High" puts Simguilds "Battle of Britain" (hereafter refered to as BoB) in a totally differant leaque.

HTC has in two weeks done what SG couldn't for BoB in five months. (no updates to testers at all)

granted, SG's BoB is an Alpha test, almost strictly to test video things. (yes I'm an alpha tester for BoB.)

HTC's is now open beta. So the tweaks and perks are prolly closer to being done already.

HTC brings a lot more experience, and in my opinon, more dedication to their future customer base. They understand that when things are said to the public, that if they don't deliver, regardless of reasons, then the customers will go elsewhere. Something SG hasn't seemed to learn yet.

HTC has the added bonus of having a much wider and more experienced programming team, and probably, a lot more financial depth to sustain themselves.

There is a lot of potential in both BoB and AH.

HTC and AH, seem to be on the express track.
SG and BoB seems to be lost somewhere along the turnpike.

And on a differant note.
Max,, regarding your personal attack on SC-Sp00k, seems you got a lot of your information second hand also. To quote from your own post.... "...when you start posting second hand information about        something you have no idea on, it makes you look like a fool..."
Mayhaps you should heed your own advice

'nuff said.

------------------
GreyBeard
Flight Commander, Aces High
Skeleton Crew

[This message has been edited by SC-GreyBeard (edited 10-12-1999).]

[This message has been edited by SC-GreyBeard (edited 10-12-1999).]

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 1999, 05:16:00 AM »
*yawn*  New topic please.

-ta---
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

IceNine

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 1999, 09:16:00 AM »
Oh crud. Now the Skeleton Crew is here too.
I'm bound to be a lawn ornament for a longer time.

'Lo SC.

And Max? Take Spooks word on FC, he knows that of which he speaks.

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 1999, 03:06:00 AM »
Hi ya IceNine!!

Long time no see..

I'm sure that if ya pick the "RIGHT" side to fight for, you won't have to worry about being a lawn ornament because of us SC's  

<S>

------------------
GreyBeard
Flight Commander, Aces High
Skeleton Crew

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 1999, 03:07:00 AM »
BOOT!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by SC-GreyBeard (edited 10-13-1999).]

Offline Kraut

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 1999, 06:32:00 AM »
So far I'm impressed. Especially when comparing to some of the latest stuff on the market.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

chester

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 1999, 06:52:00 AM »
WHERES THE GAME PLAY??????????????????