Author Topic: Does this look like rose pedals to you?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Does this look like rose pedals to you?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2004, 04:13:06 PM »
FrogB0Y

Why do you think everyone who does not agree with you has a lesser education than the one your mommy and daddy are paying for you?

Why do you think a less educated person is less intelligent than one who has spent more years in the system?

I have met many "college grads" who are dumber than dirt while some of the brightest are HS grads who, for whatever reason, did not pursue further "education".
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2004, 05:04:14 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Hehehe ... that's the Hawaiian state flag.

...hanging head in shame...

87 Billion to Iraq...and our education system is going right over the fuggin falls...:lol :rofl

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2004, 05:09:20 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
FrogB0Y

Why do you think everyone who does not agree with you has a lesser education than the one your mommy and daddy are paying for you?

Why do you think a less educated person is less intelligent than one who has spent more years in the system?

I have met many "college grads" who are dumber than dirt while some of the brightest are HS grads who, for whatever reason, did not pursue further "education".

Yup.

I was offered a position to supervise a team of case managers after I got out of grad school. every one of them was older, and far more experienced. No sense in me trying to provide supervision to folks only because I earned an advanced degree, and they didnt.

I declined the offer, and never felt better about it. One of them was a vietnam vet who I actually referrerd a client to who also served over there. The system is jacked up.

But Also there's no need to denigrate those of us who did have the opportunity to go on after HS. Some choose to, some don't, and IQ has nothing to do with getting into college.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2004, 06:34:20 PM »
It was a joke, not to be taken seriously.

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004, 06:36:41 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Hehehe ... that's the Hawaiian state flag.

LOL Ok

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2004, 06:55:38 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
FrogB0Y

Its not the fact that laz dose not agree with me. Its the fact that he dosnt know what you have to memorize in grade school.
(yes i understand the irony of my poor grammer)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 09:30:26 PM »
I had to search engine it meself. We didn't memorize state flags in school when I was growing up. State capitals, yeah ... but even most of that's fallen by the wayside. I just knew it wasn't a British flag (but it could have quite likely been a former colony - most flags with the union jack on them were). A search on national flags drew no results (though many with the UJ). I also figured it woulda been kinda odd for 10Bears to display a flag of a different nationality anyhow. I figured wth and did a search on state flags and low and behold ... the flag matched the from, so to speak.

The description:

"Hawaii was once an independent kingdom. (1810 - 1893) The flag was designed at the request of King Kamehameha I. It has eight stripes of white, red and blue that represent the eight main islands. The flag of Great Britain is emblazoned in the upper left corner to honor Hawaii's friendship with the British. "

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2004, 09:49:34 PM »
What war ever was "rose pedals"? Bad things happen in war and nobody ever said Iraq was going to be a cake walk.

To even think about pulling out of Iraq because of this is just what insurgents and terrorists love to see, as it validates their methods.

The proper response is coming I'm sure.....a response a John Kerry wouldn't have the brains or ballz to carry out.

The proper response is to demonstrate our resolve and to clean that town up and to find and punish anyone who was involved.

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 10:30:31 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
What war ever was "rose pedals"? Bad things happen in war and nobody ever said Iraq was going to be a cake walk.

To even think about pulling out of Iraq because of this is just what insurgents and terrorists love to see, as it validates their methods.

The proper response is coming I'm sure.....a response a John Kerry wouldn't have the brains or ballz to carry out.

The proper response is to demonstrate our resolve and to clean that town up and to find and punish anyone who was involved.

If there aint no oil wells in falluja then a tatical nuke should just about doit:aok

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2004, 12:52:55 AM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
Its too late to just pull out now, but at least kerry would try to get our Nato allies to help us out with the costs and a faster exit.
Which is part of his platform.

If you spent half as much time studying as you did posting nonsense on these boards, you might have a partial clue....

Kerry's platform is anything he says so long as it gets him elected.  If (snowballs chance in hell) Kerry (hereafter known as dip*****) gets elected, it will be back to the old demo habit of forgotten campaign promises, and bigger government.  Dip***** is just trying to woo the masses with what they want to hear, not what they need to hear.  That is the fundemental problem behind his platform.  All these wonderful years of being a senator, and yet to fulfill on anything he promises... guess thats fits as its liberal m a s s h o l e s that keep electing him.  

The only good thing the demos are going to bring is welfare to the poor, and destruction of the middle class.  If thats good for you, vote Dip*****.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2004, 07:49:36 AM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
Apologize to former allies like Canada and Mexico

This alone is enough to make me wanna puke.  As a member of the Armed Services though, if the President (whomever it may be) ordered a "kiss and make up" operation with Canada and Mexico my bags would be packed and ready to go.  

I am so tired of seeing my country get dumped on with all these other countries telling us how evil we are and yet when a disaster happens or if they need econimic loans what is the first country they come to?  

As always, we are "evil" if we do and damned if we don't.

SSDD
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2004, 08:06:43 AM »
awww...
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2004, 09:02:44 AM »
Its not the fact that laz dose not agree with me. Its the fact that he dosnt know what you have to memorize in grade school.
grade school is more of a memory for some than others.  The main difference between lazs and you is he wasn't tested on this in class just yesterday.

MiniD

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2004, 09:04:57 AM »
(yes i understand the irony of my poor grammer)

But lazs went to gradeschool decades ago, you went there yesterday..

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2004, 09:06:29 AM »
Hmm... I recall memorizing state capitals but nothing about state flags... even so.. I will admit that I probly couldn't get every state capital right if pressed.   Even tho I have been to most of em.  I for sure couldn't get their flags right.  

So froggy... if you know all the state flags... I would suggest (in your case at least) that you forget them to make room for learning something important.

lazs