Author Topic: Dammit!!!!!!!!  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« on: April 01, 2004, 11:58:39 PM »
I give the fug up!

JUST got 19 working. Then badda boom badda bang - I've got 20 to load and the whole circus starts all over. Download 20 - install 20 - pork game - reinstall 20 - seems ok - go to server - forced download - game is porked - manual reinstall - game is still porked - uninstall and clear out folder completely - full download and install - game is porked - reinstall - game again seems fine - back to server - forced download - game is porked.

From what I got to see of it - AHII seems to be progressing nicely. Let me know when it's done. If there's a CD of it - let me know that too and I'll buy it.

:rofl :D :lol :p :) :confused: :eek: :)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 01:10:23 AM »
Hmmmm I see a solution , you need a dark room ,some black candles , a black chicken (a black goat would be better but it's a bit more expensive...).

If you have a satanic priest in your vicinity  draw a pentagrame on the floor and let him do is job.

If you don't have a priest try with an Haitian I heard that voodoo works good also in this kind of cases :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 06:06:15 AM »
96% of the full version of 20 downloading .... again. *sigh*

I AM a glutton for punishment, it seems. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 06:22:50 AM »
Upon clicking the icon to start the game:

As usual.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 10:11:31 AM »
What icon are you clicking? Did you perchance make a short cut to the incorect folder? Test by opening the AHII folder and clicking on aceshigh directly.

Also is there a posiblity you have 2 copies installed?

HiTech

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 10:51:26 AM »
Try scanning your system for the SCV virus.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 12:25:25 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
What icon are you clicking? Did you perchance make a short cut to the incorect folder? Test by opening the AHII folder and clicking on aceshigh directly.

Also is there a posiblity you have 2 copies installed?

HiTech

Nope, just one copy. Attempting to start it directly from the folder. Apparently I can't get an uncorrupted version from there to here. It's roughly a 4 to 5 hour download over a very noisy line. Woke up to see it at 95% and the connection broken. I'll try some things on this end. May even go see about borrowing a friend's pc in the big city. He has broadband.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 12:40:32 PM »
Arlo do you use a download manager such as GetRight?

If not give it a try. It can recover from broken loads easy and is a must for anyone still struggling with the 56k.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 04:46:47 PM »
Broken load isn't the problem, I fear. Download resumed fine. I've tried with and without DAP. But DAP did show ALOT of errors downloading. Scanned for virii ... none detected. This HP Compaq Presario has always been a tad bit "glitchy", as well. Add the antiquated phone lines and system here and it's enough to drive me to drink. Speakin' of which ... I think I'll have another.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 09:52:28 AM »
Ok ... scanned for virii yet again - nada. Upgraded Win Xp as much as could be done. Upgraded from DX9 to DX9b. Uninstalled all previous versions of AHII and cleaned out the folder. Downloaded full version of beta 21 (started at 5 am).

And same thing all over. Can't even open the game. Period. I got a feeling when AHII goes full release that's the end of my flightsim days.

Irony - I bought the 9600 pro card just for AHII.

Offline yb11

• Copper Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 11:33:57 AM »
if any onefinds out what this problm is pleese post i have had same truble sence bata18

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 01:38:57 AM »
Defragged .... didn't help.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 12:54:39 PM »
Originally posted by straffo

If you have a satanic priest in your vicinity  draw a pentagrame on the floor and let him do is job.

Actually the pentagram really has nothing to do with satanic worship.
The pentagram is really a celtic/pagan symbol with eachpoint representing the 5 elements Those being
Earth,wind,water,fire, and the great spirit
but this is a topic for another forum :)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 03:30:06 PM »
pretty much same prob here since beta 19 I get initailization failure. dane everything arlo has PLUS a bunch of other stuff staffo and pyro and skuzzy recomended ........NADDA!!!!!!!!!!! REdownloaded beta 18 worked fine.
uninstalled everything double checked tehn REinstalled beta 21 NO FIGGIN JOY!! good thing i have awsome bandwidth
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Dammit!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 03:31:42 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/defaultframe.html

try this link arlo maybe somthing in there will help u it didnt for me but ya never know
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!