Author Topic: Weapon Experts  (Read 543 times)

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Weapon Experts
« on: April 02, 2004, 09:41:02 PM »
Whats this site like?

Trusting?

http://www.interordnance.com/ I think I spelled it right.

They got some WWII weapons up there, and I was wondering if it's even worth lookingat their guns.
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 09:55:12 PM »
I'm looking to get a KAR but those are too expensive..

I'm thinking more of a Nagant.

The Mosin-Nagant K1938g Rifle-Bolt Action.

Is there one on there?
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 11:50:36 PM »
-bump-

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 12:00:33 AM »
Hawklore, that stuff on the site is pretty standard.  Almost everyone sells it.

But MN-38's are fun.  I'm not kidding when I say that it has a 4 foot long muzzle flame, is louder then anything you've ever heard, kicks like a pissed off mule, actually distorts the air waves when it fires...

Btw, look out for gunshows.  You can pick up one of these for 125 bucks max.  And that's if the seller wants to make more money.

I bought mine for 80 dollars at a gunshow.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 01:26:28 AM »
Yeah I saw some WWII guns at a gun show recently but wasn't looking for them, now I am.

I really want a KAR 98k.

But whats a standard price for one of those?

I've seen them at $110.00 or more, well I don't think my parents will spend that kinda money on a gun for me, plus when I need to get a $500.00 gun.. :eek:  for civil war re-enacting.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 01:28:47 AM »
The reason being is I'm thinking of getting into WWII living history, and I want a simple bolt action rifle. I need something that dosn't have much kick either. -shrug-

I wasn't expecting the MN-38 to have a badass kick, sure you were using the right ammo? How much do you weigh too?

-edit-

I'm in the 200 range, big boned, honestly, I got a bit of a junk food stomach but what youth of our time dosn't :rolleyes: .

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 01:36:25 AM »
7.62x54r is a big round.  The smaller of a gun you fire it out of, the more it will kick.

As long as you know to hold the stock tightly to your shoulder you'll be fine (as you should with all guns).  I was using the standard load for the Nagants.  The ammo that comes in a 440 round tin.

But for 110 a Mauser might be a cheap copy or rip off.  Expect around 200 for a good mauser with all the markings and stuff.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 01:41:51 AM »
Yeah, i dont know **** about guns but 110.00 seems kinda cheap to me.

but im ignorant at guns, but I have a friend who collects guns. And hes told me he has shelled out 5-600 for guns.

wow, i made a thousand posts a couple of posts ago. :aok

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 02:07:17 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
7.62x54r is a big round.  The smaller of a gun you fire it out of, the more it will kick.

As long as you know to hold the stock tightly to your shoulder you'll be fine (as you should with all guns).  I was using the standard load for the Nagants.  The ammo that comes in a 440 round tin.

But for 110 a Mauser might be a cheap copy or rip off.  Expect around 200 for a good mauser with all the markings and stuff.

Thing is, if I do get this gun, it'll be the first live round I've fired from a gun.

I might get the mn-38 then if 60-70 is a good price when your getting ammo pouch and stuff.. I don't care if stuff is a Reproduction.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 02:10:27 AM »

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Weapon Experts
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 02:12:51 AM »
get this M-38 Mosin-Nagant 7.62x54R

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 08:56:53 AM »
what kind of ammo are u guys shooting out of those 91's?   The stuff I shoot has no muzzle flash and very little kick...  not as much as an ought six or brit 303 anyway.   Not particularly accurate guns so far either... bout like the brit smle.

You can buy bolt guns from WWII from any country now for pretty cheap... $100-200.

Semi autos like the Garrand run about $500-700

lazs

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Weapon Experts
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2004, 09:27:26 AM »
The reason being is I'm thinking of getting into WWII living history, and I want a simple bolt action rifle. I need something that dosn't have much kick either.

if you're shooting a bolt action you can have as little kick as you want.   for about $100 you can set yourself up to reload your own ammo (not hard to do if you are capable of following instructions acurately.  and know how to use a scale). you'll save about 70% off the price of ammo, and can taylor make your ammo to suit your needs.

go to a gunshow to pick up your gun.  laz is right about the $100-200 figure.  with anything over $150 looking very nice.  most shows you can find a couple of guys walking around with little for sale signs sticking out of the barrle.  you might get one of these guys to go as low as $80.

btw- when buying a used gun, if you don't know the difference between a good gun and a bad one when you're holding it in your hands, take someone with you who does.

as for the on-line buying.  I don't think I'd be buying a 60-70 yr old rifle without being able to hold it in my hands and look it over before paying for it.  I've seen a lot of crap that people where trying to pass off.  if you hook up with the wrong seller, buying a gun can be a lot like buying a used car

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2004, 11:11:42 AM »

what kind of ammo are u guys shooting out of those 91's?

Well I am shooting Russian manufactured WOLF ammo and the kick is fierce.  I own 2 Mosin-Nagants and have fired several owned by friends and they all kicked like mothers.  Last time Narsus was visiting me I kindly allowed him to fire 2 full magazines off in a row and I think the resulting shoulder wound is why he has never come back.

My experience with Mosin-Nagants (along with my reading of Russian history) has led me to the conclusion that the Russians had a design philosophy that included the principle:  "When you pull the trigger somebody is going to get hurt."

If you want a full power WWII era rifle with minimal recoil then a garand is your best bet.

Hooligan

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Weapon Experts
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2004, 11:16:51 AM »
would love that druganov :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --