Author Topic: Beta preview for combatsim.com  (Read 181 times)

Viking1

Beta preview for combatsim.com
« on: September 30, 1999, 02:11:00 PM »
If you're a decent writer and are into this game with some good hours behind you, contact me if you'd like to write a hands on preview for us. thanks!

rzch

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 1999, 03:26:00 PM »
Imo it's way to early in the BETA to be writing previews. Maybe an early look or something, but the version number is .33 which means as far as the programmers are concerned this game is only about 1/3 of the way complete for the first release.

r2ch

Rafter

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 1999, 04:12:00 PM »
"preview" usually means the article is meant to reveal basic features, gameplay and technologies, not to cast a critical eye on the title before it hits prime time.

Once the game is officially released or goes "pay for play" in online game situations, they're fair game for reviewers.

IMO

--
Rafter

rounds

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 1999, 09:23:00 PM »
Gang, I gotta agree.   Until we all get the bugs reported and worked out (and until I get a d3d card), lets keep the reviewers off HTC's collective backs.  Nothing worse than an olympic size conclusion jumping event.  By the way, can anyone advise me on a good 3d card to use with my new rig (I'm a computer newbie).  My rig is:
466 celeron
64 meg RAM
6.4 Gig hard drive
MS pre pro stick
no sound cards or 3d cards at this time, thats why I posted.
Thanks.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 1999, 10:18:00 PM »
It's just a preview.  I think it's great that Len would come and ask for someone who's had some time in the game and is familiar with it to write about it.  

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

rzch

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 1999, 01:19:00 AM »
I wasn't saying combatsim shouldn't post an article on Aces in fact I'm all for it. I was just saying that the label "preview" made me uncomfortable. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. I'll even admit to toying with the idea of writing the article myself, but my writeing skills....suck. So I'll leave it to someone better versed in written communication than I am.

r2ch

Offline Flathat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 1999, 08:14:00 AM »
I write for a living (it's a big part of my job, anyway), but I need to fly some more. I could talk knowledgeably about lurching drunkenly across the field and getting my rudder shot off...  

------------------
Flathat
'Black Dahlia'
No10 RNAS "The Black Flight"
Angel on your wing, devil on your tail

[This message has been edited by Flathat (edited 10-01-1999).]