Author Topic: 26/4 - Independence Day - Israel  (Read 2983 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
26/4 - Independence Day - Israel
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 09:47:38 AM »
So...........

I'd like to ask if it is going to be the setup for 22/4 (I know we still have hole week before)?

We (101 squ) need to plane some activity for this time if it will be hosted!

Thanks,
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2004, 01:16:29 PM »
Punt ;)

So could it be done?
As it was done once according to request of Finland  Squ. in the week of its independence day?

22/4 - 1948 Independence War.

Thank you,

waiting for replay.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2004, 02:35:06 AM »
Thank you,

I thought that if Fin squ. can get for their independence day FinRus setup, 101 Red squ. can get also......

storch

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2004, 04:49:57 PM »
This request should be honored

Offline SASMOX

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 07:08:35 AM »
Originally posted by artik
Thank you,

I thought that if Fin squ. can get for their independence day FinRus setup, 101 Red squ. can get also......

I hope that you get your setup for yours independence day.

See you later in CT.

Offline RBug

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2004, 07:24:18 AM »
*thumbs up* that U can get it, Artik.

-RBug-

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2004, 01:33:10 PM »

That would be fair.

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2004, 06:34:44 PM »
Thank you,

Artik.

With all due respect I have to dissagree with you. Yeah the Finns get their map occasionally , but it's a Finn/Russ map. Plus this was part of WWII. This is supposed to be a WWII sim . I realize people have taken upon themselves in the past to make post WWII scenarios . Just my opinon................... They suck.

The Arab/Isreali wars are not WWII, just like the soccer war isnt WWII.  If Isreals war of independance had been part of WWII , and if we had the correct aircraft that would be one thing. However if this keeps up at least once a month somebody from somewhere is going to want a special week just because it's their countrys independance day , and they used some type of WWII fighter or an obscure version of a WWII fighter in their war of independance.

Isreali pilots flew for the RAF during WWII , and  people of the Jewish faith flew , and fought with honor in many of the Allied Air Forces. Why can't their memories be honored this week by shooting down some FW-190s, and BF-109s, from a Spitfire based in the U.K. in Forks planned setup?
If your not going to do special setups for every squadron you shouldnt do them for any squadron.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2004, 06:19:17 AM »
Löwe....

I would disagree with you about WWII setups only. All the time we have some different non-WW2 scenarios, like Soccer War, The 1946 Okniawa - alternative reality and others.

There are part of people that see in AH WWII only game, but lost see also the ability to represent other periods and situations. And it heppens all the time. Part of the less succecfull, and part of them very nice and usefull (even if the in non-WW2 frame).

Most of people enjoy these setups. So do not not see any reason that sucesseful setup (with low number of subsituations, good map and skin relevant to the setup) will not return on some point.

If there will be other setups like Korean War (with terrain and suitable setup) most of players will enjoy.

There are allways people that do not like certain setups for some reason. (me of example - I do not like early PTO) - but if setup is good it still can return at some point.

1948 Setup was quite sucessefull (like others 1948 Okinawa). So I do not see any reason not to return to them on some point - even they non-WW2.

Actually I would like to see much more non-WW2 setups that could be done with abuilities AH gives us.

So I think that it could be done. If you are talking about Independence Day request............ I still think if it is possible to do it could be done just because the setup is good and the timing is good IMHO.

At least an ansver from CM team could be given positive or negative, or at least some reaction..........
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 06:21:58 AM by artik »

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2004, 07:26:41 AM »
Artik.

We just have a difference in taste. You like the post WWII stuff, I don't. I forgotten about the Korea setups, I hate those too.;)  Again thats just a difference in taste. However I agree with you on the early PTO's.

I also agree with you , that the CM staff should have said yes or no last week when you brought this up. :)

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2004, 09:56:20 AM »
Most of people enjoy these setups.

I have little interest in setups outside of the WWII. I can put up with the occasional novelty setup provided it doesn't happen too often. I occasionally even find it fun to play a novelty setup for a couple of hours, however all non-WWII setups lose their novelty for me after a couple of hours and I tend to stay away from the CT after the novelty has worn off. I'll bet there are others like me.
  I'll bet too, that there are regulars in the CT who have made the choice not to play in the MA so no matter what is the CT setup is, that's where you'll find them. I'll even bet there are people who dislike a setup but faced with the choice of playing in a setup they don't like, going to the MA to play on the terrain they despise, or not playing at all will make the choice to play in the CT where the setup is only mildy disturbing.
  I hope you aren't including everyone who played in the CT in the past novelty setups in your list of "...people [who] enjoy these setups".
  A repeat of a novelty setup I've already played will just see me playing in the MA or not playing at all.
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2004, 10:13:17 AM »
The issue of non-standard/non-WW2 setups has been rised not once.

I think it is mostly the question of taste (as I do not like early setups - specially PTO)

But I still think that people enjoy them.

One of the most important points when submitting non-standard CT setup is to do in at good level - relevant terrain, skins, subsituations, game ballance.

This issue had been rised not once so..... we can put one more thread about non-standard setups to discuss them once more - but looks like this isn't the relevant theread IMHO

BIG <<>>

See you all at CT

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2004, 11:58:18 AM »
The issue of non-standard/non-WW2 setups has been rised not once.

One of the most important points when submitting non-standard CT setup is to do in at good level - relevant terrain, skins, subsituations, game ballance.

You're side-stepping the issue here and just muddying the waters. These points should be and generally are minimum requirements for all setups. Just because a proposed setup meets these minimum requirements it doesn't necessarily follow that it must be used.

This issue had been rised not once so..... we can put one more thread about non-standard setups to discuss them once more - but looks like this isn't the relevant theread IMHO

Actually, when ever a novelty setup is proposed or implemented this issue is raised. This issue is therefore relevant and pertinant to the discussion.
My objection in my original post in this thread was to your claim that "most people enjoy these setups". You have provided nothing in the way of evidence to support your claim.
In fact, if you actually understand what I am saying in my post you'll see that I have stated that there are reasons other than an unabashed fondness for a setup that motivate people to play it and therefore the implication of my post is nothing more or less than don't confuse the lack of violent opposition to a position as agreement with it.
  I would like to thank you for providing me with the opportunity to reinforce my argument.

Cheers,
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2004, 12:26:31 PM »
Ok........

I'll talk about one of the last setups - 1946 Second Wind.

The numbers during this setup were very high. (I would said much more then average).

At 1948 setup the numbers were normal (that what I can remember).

The non-sucesseful setup that I remeber was Soccer War (the number were quite low - below  the normal.

However in lot on WW2 setup I've seen very low numbers. Like one of the recent setups Spit-5+Typhoon vs 109G2/F4.

Conclusions:

• The setup will not be much sucessefull if it will not have relevant terrain, skins etc (Soccer War).
  • There are lots of WW2 setups that below then average in numbers.
  • If we realte to numbers as only objective measurment that most of people enjoy it so we can see that WW2 setups do not have advantege over non-WW2 setups (like 1946 Second Wind)
That is the point why I tell that most people enjoy non-WW2 setups. Probably I had too tell good non-WW2 setups.

So if you or me or any other else do not like certain setups that is question of taste. And we all different people ;)

I will not tell do not put early PTO because certain gorup of players do not like it.

So I think I have given enough arguments to tell most of people like good non-WW2 setups and of course I do not want to tell that all of CT players like non-WW2 setups ;)

<<>>

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2004, 04:03:59 PM »
I don't think there's anywhere near a majority of CT regulars who really like the non-WWII setups.  But that's just my opinion.  Like  you, I have nothing more to base it on that a gut feeling.

Speaking as someone who flies CT, and CT only:
I thought the Soccer War thing stunk.
I thought the Kadesh idea was goofy.
I thought the Israeli War for Independence setup was almost as goofy.
I thought the Korea idea was just stupid.
And I thought the "Breaking Wind" "Last Gasp" or "Divine Fart" or whatever the heck that jet-laced Japanese setup was called just blew chunks.

But that's just me.  YMMV.  

(BTW, I don't think numbers are a fair gauge of popularity with players.  Too many other factors weigh in on any given day.)

How about this July we work out a setup so the 8th Air Force goes back in time to wing up with the Continental Army?  Would be a hoot strafing Red Coats, wot?

Still, happy Independence Day.  And I really mean that.

Splash1
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 04:06:06 PM by Dennis »