Author Topic: Well I hate too see it go, cant wait to see it again  (Read 1530 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Well I hate too see it go, cant wait to see it again
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2004, 09:02:32 AM »
a clown... yes it was to condusive...

NEVER allow people to have fun or.... they will.   It is proven time after time... maps can be made that make it allmost impossible for most to have fun or... very little fun.. fester could take the example of pizza and design maps that assure that people won't be able to go around having fun.

lazs

Offline Orig

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2004, 09:26:08 AM »
Oh my goodness, people really liked to furball while playing a really good online WWII flightsim?  The horror.  Better force them to play differently next time because they don't know what's good for them.  Sure can't trust people to know what they like, that's for sure.  Darn furballers, shame on them for enjoying dogfighting.  It's a sickness that must be stamped out for their own good.

:D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2004, 09:26:52 AM »
Great map. Replace Pizza with it as soon as possible please.:aok

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2004, 09:48:16 AM »
Must admit - the only time I didn't fly at the furball island was
when us nits were pushed far off of it.  I like the air/ground war
there, and the fact that you have to pay attention to the ground
ack - you couldn't just fly around low and slow.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2004, 10:28:59 AM »
I enjoyed it alot ...

As for warping that wasnt a problem for me  (but i tend to stay out of the BIG horde ) and fly/play in the smaller cv/ dogfights out near the edges
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2004, 11:03:13 AM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR i really like this map except for one feature...furball centre island...my experience this week showed me about 90% of players were on these couple of sectors...

I dont know about your %'s but there were a lot of folks at Furball Island which should be a good thing for everyone. Doesnt that say something that the Strat-tards (I'm not saying you are a Strat-tard Selector, I dont know you) never realise how many folks just want to use ACM to fight other aircraft and not kill defenceless toolsheds and gascans or be hostile realestate agents?

It seems to me the Strat-tards should be GLAD that the furballers are all bunched up together in the middle instead of spread out looking for someone to kill, less chance for them run into one and find someone with some planehandling skills while on the way to kill a toolshed.

PS: Fester, the map is awsome.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2004, 11:07:53 AM »
did anyone notice a reduction in fuel being porked at fields? ;)
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2004, 12:36:11 PM »
well since ya made em the same size as Ack I'd imagine so...;)
If im porkin,,,I usually hit troops not fuel anyway

New method of dweebery involving your multiple VH's has shown up,
as soon as a Tiger or Panzie hear a bomb whistle, they exit..
and quickly reapear, knowing that one AC wont render the base disabled

My .02 is bettin your not a big fan of Jabo Op's are ya fester?

Love the map, but undecided on my opinion of your "tweaking"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 12:46:35 PM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline gnubee

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2004, 01:19:19 PM »
Well, being a new face in the game I'm not sure if my opinion counts for much but I'll put it out there anyway...

I noticed some of the warping mentioned in previous posts...particularly around furball island... u know its bad when a Panzer is bouncing like something from a rap video...lol

I also noticed that large sections of the map went unused...probly because it was so new and people are getting the lay of the land.

I also noticed that it was one of the best looking terrains i've seen so far!  Simply beautiful.

:aok

But man... what a pain in the but to get a re-set! :D

See ya up there-

Scott gnubee Bell

P.S. I want to take a moment to thank the guys in the 367th and JG3 for helping the WoD feel welcome in our new home!
You've been great guys!  Thank you.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2004, 01:22:18 PM »
i love jaboing

but i love tanking too

if the fun for the jabo is based on ruining and ending the fight for the tankers i feel that one dweeb shoulndt have the power to do this.

two dweebs maybe

with multiple vhs (ive found 3 is plenty and will be the max number in next version at large vbases) the fight goes onbetween the ground players and although it is hampered by enemy aircraft and helped by friendly aircraft it is not ended.

its my opinion as a tank dweeb and a jabo dweeb that it is more fun for both sides if no one person can unbalance and end the fight completely.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2004, 01:53:39 PM »
Good point

One thing Gnubee mentioned about re-set... and welcome to the BB's
I love the fact that there isnt a "Race for the Reset" like we have on so many other maps
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 02:01:46 PM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2004, 01:59:09 PM »
Originally posted by gnubee
Well, being a new face in the game I'm not sure if my opinion counts for much but I'll put it out there anyway...

I noticed some of the warping mentioned in previous posts...particularly around furball island... u know its bad when a Panzer is bouncing like something from a rap video...lol

I also noticed that large sections of the map went unused...probly because it was so new and people are getting the lay of the land.

I also noticed that it was one of the best looking terrains i've seen so far!  Simply beautiful.

:aok

But man... what a pain in the but to get a re-set! :D

See ya up there-

Scott gnubee Bell

P.S. I want to take a moment to thank the guys in the 367th and JG3 for helping the WoD feel welcome in our new home!
You've been great guys!  Thank you.

The warping happens in the very heavy furball grids of the map  during primetime .. Its a latency thing, But its not to bad for 200+ players in just a few sectors .

the large unused sectors is for more balanced gameplay ...
when we went to the 512x512 terrains  (AKDesert ,alias Pizza ) we found that its to big for the amount of players . we needed maps bigger then 256x256 but not quite as large as 512
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2004, 10:21:18 PM »
you know what realy bothers me still is seeing lancasters and b17's flying at 500 feet carpeting vhs and tanks  its realy geting out of hand

tho they do make fun targets when flying mossie or 110
known as Arctic in the main

Offline IK0N

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2004, 10:55:33 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
i really like this map except for one feature...furball centre island...my experience this week showed me about 90% of players were on these couple of sectors... rest of map just about empty..
maybe remove the airfields from this island..
but excellent map none the less

Remove a feature because it interfers with your type of play?
If %90 of the players are enjoying a center island furball than why remove what is desired?
Sounds a little selfish doesn't it?!

IKON

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2004, 01:18:43 AM »
you know what realy bothers me still is seeing lancasters and b17's flying at 500 feet carpeting vhs and tanks its realy geting out of hand

I love em, and with the multiple VH hangers it lessens thier impact and forces the need for more of em.  I almost choked on my own drool when I saw 3 boxes of 5 to 7 k bombers. :D

I get the blast of killing bombers without the 20 min climb. lol