Author Topic: Well I hate too see it go, cant wait to see it again  (Read 1531 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Well I hate too see it go, cant wait to see it again
« on: April 09, 2004, 01:45:17 PM »
Well it's Friday, good by OZ.

After it's first week what did everyone observe, not think, but actually see happen this week.

I saw that the majority of the people given a place to furball, did just that.  Now I agree since it is so new and since there are few maps that allow this to happen that people just over did it.  But I was glad to see this happen.

I saw morons like Bruser2 drive carriers strait into nme PT spawns not caring that he was sending it to it's instant inevitable death, even after multiple people told him so.  

I saw the PT spawns actually seem useful in protecting bases.  If you have a carrier off shore you have to keep VH down or kiss the carrier good by.  This makes the carrier more of an off shore asset only to be brought in when the base is ready.  Definitely makes strat better.

I saw alot of cool GV action on Kaos island.

Offline Gloves

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 02:47:40 PM »
I saw a lot of warpiness.  Don't know if it was due to the map or wacky internet issues, but I wasn't the only one who noticed.

The map itself was fun for me (aside from the warps).

Glove

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 02:50:34 PM »
Yeah , same here, but it only seemed a little more than the normal warps I see every now and again.

I think fester is working on this as well.  He mentioned taking out 6 carriers, which sucks cause having all those carriers made it seem like there was always one off of someones coast.   I hope the removal does not ruine that.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 03:59:04 PM »
I had a blast on this map.

Yes the warps were more that usual, but as noted, Fester said that he was going to remove 6 CV fleets (consolation - I hope - 6 airfields to replace them).

Flying over furball island, I have to say that the GV enthusiasts seemed to be in nirvana. The talk and combat chatter was non-stop by these guys ... like I have never seen before. At times, I had to fly away from range to get a break ... hehe.

There was furballin ... gang-bangin' ... dogfights ... Strateegery ... GV battles ... all types of action. What else more could anyone want in a map. This map is a piece of art ... by far the finest map in the HTC vault ... and most of all ... a tribute to a fine gentleman and a fine virtual pilot.

<> OZKansas 13th TAS !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »
HERE HERE!

OZ !

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 04:02:42 PM »
I agree with Mars. Especially in light of what's taken its place. Another AH holiday for me...

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 04:33:48 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

<> OZKansas 13th TAS !!!

Amen!!!

to SlapShot , Toad and especially Fester who made it happen.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 04:35:12 PM »
the 6 carriers im taking out are the ones furthest form the fight and from the fornt. they spend most of the time traveling to the action and little time in the action so removing these will be the ones least missed.

remember its only 2 less cvs per country so the effect will not be that bad.

smooth gameplay is primary above all neat features and stuff thats cool but not vital to a good arena fight. if somthing in the arena is causing the warps i will find it and destroy it :D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 04:46:51 PM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 04:42:23 PM »
personally i love the furball/gv battle in the center and was quite pleased that any of the three sides could be knocked off that island and then later recapture the base on their side and the combined ground/air war there would continue. the gv guys love seeing the furballers above them because it means any bombers or jabos that come in get ripped to shreds by bloodthirsty furballers while the gv gang can engage ground targets while having air cover and when that aircover is destroyed or lost its a rough time! lots of flaks! i honestly was surprised by how well that island worked out for those interested in that type of fight.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 05:05:51 PM »
I enjoyed it.  The center was a good spot to get into the action quickly.  I, for the first time, have been getting spontaneous computer reboots while flying on this map, but I don't think it can blame it on the map.  The first night I flew on it for about 3 hrs with no problems.  Every time since that, I had the reboot twice while flying.  Since it didn't happen the first night it may not be the map...I'll see what happens with this week's map.  Either way though, I'm sure it's my system, as I don't know what a map could do to reset my system other than bring out a problem that was already there.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 06:17:42 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria
i honestly was surprised by how well that island worked out for those interested in that type of fight.
I wasn't one of them but to those who were.

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 06:25:20 PM »
I liked it at first, but by weeks end,it was way to condusive to the HORDE.

(sung to the tune of "another one bites the dust" by queen)
And another one gone- And another one gone- Another horde takes a base-
Hey we're gonna keep hording till... the whole game is DISGRACED!  (pearnnn-dearnt-dearnt-dearnt) Another horde takes a base-

A-Clown
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 06:29:43 PM by A_Clown »

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 06:28:08 PM »
i really like this map except for one feature...furball centre island...my experience this week showed me about 90% of players were on these couple of sectors... rest of map just about empty..
maybe remove the airfields from this island..
but excellent map none the less

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 07:41:30 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
i really like this map except for one feature...furball centre island...my experience this week showed me about 90% of players were on these couple of sectors... rest of map just about empty..
maybe remove the airfields from this island..
but excellent map none the less

Your percentage can be nothing but wrong.  Even so, I find it funny that you wish to remove something that a good deal of folks were enjoying.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2004, 08:45:29 AM »
I have played more AH this last week than in any given month in the last 2 years.

Kinda speaks for itself doesn't it.

Ty Fester

Selecter, Funny thats the one place I never went.

Was always too busy doing CV ops, trying to keep from getting squished into the center from the flanks.