Author Topic: Trainers?  (Read 764 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Trainers?
« on: April 13, 2004, 08:47:31 AM »
How does one become a trainer?

I may have an interest in this.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Re: Trainers?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 03:32:25 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
How does one become a trainer?

I may have an interest in this.

You should start with getting some talent first:)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Trainers?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 04:50:10 PM »
I takes alot of time to become an "official" trainer.

Also requires thick hide.

Talk to GhostH about it, he can explain it better than I can.:)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Trainers?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 05:42:46 PM »
You should start with getting some talent first

Well, ya got me there:(

I dont concider myself a top notch player or even close to that being in that catagory. But I do have some free time to help out the new arrivals to Aces High.

Just curious really...

I guess GhostH seems like the one to talk to then.

As far as a thick hide goes...

Well thats simple, we were all n00bs at one point, just keep that in mind and it makes the whole learning process that much smoother...

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Trainers?
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 06:48:56 PM »
I was just pulling your leg Morh--I know how much time you spend helping out in the DA and a lot of new players would benefit from your help

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Trainers?
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 06:54:28 PM »
oh sure now try to make me feel better:(  

LOL I know I know I was just milkin it a bit hehe.

I only ask because I've been reading lately that there is a shortage of trainers...?

If this is true, or not, I would like to help out a bit.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Trainers?
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 10:18:54 PM »
Ghosth is the Lead Trainer and the man to ask. I have heard that HTC doesn't want loads and loads of Trainers also, at least right now, and that we are kind of 'on hold' for new Trainers. Some of this is due to the upcoming release of AH2. Things are in the works though and I'm sure new ones will be needed soon.
[ You don't need to be an 'Ace' pilot but you need to know the game, BFM and ACM, and be willing to teach others. ]
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Trainers?
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 07:35:54 AM »
What you really need is endless patience, abiltity to read minds is right helpfull. And troubleshooting/problem solving ability's come in handy.

Let me warn you
Hanging out in the TA WILL mess up your game. screw your flying up in the MA. Most likely cause ulcers & severe hair loss.

Whats really needed is someone who can get their stick working, show em how to setup views correctly. Show em one good immelman on merge & throw em into the pond.

If this is you email me at llj69@btinet.net

I'll put you on the list.
Meantime we can always use help in the TA. Esp when its busy, ie over 15 on.

And fuze is corrext, thats the one place skuzzy has me on a short leash.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Trainers?
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 11:34:44 AM »
But Morph  you cant spell ..... :D

Key,dot commands . different joystick how to's ,Radio, and video card set up's . mouse calibrating .... all this helps too

then being paitent enough to teach basic flight ,and merge tactics
(some players get it fairly quick ... and others seam to need weeks ... even after cockpit rides , and films )

You have to slow up your timing in manuvers and give them time to learn were to be and how to get there ...

I found letting them pick there fav ride gets them started but the real  learning happens when you get them into a spit,la 7 , p 51b , and a6m  type planes

Prepare to get your Email filled up too ...

Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Trainers?
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 07:24:07 PM »
Hanging out in the TA WILL mess up your game. screw your flying up in the MA. Most likely cause ulcers & severe hair loss.

Hehe....he's not kidding, but it is fun in a sadistic kind of way....least till you run into a few of those babyseals a few months later during one of your rare hops in the MA and they but an A&&whupping on ya...

Well worth it though....kind of like marriage I guess....everyone should suffer through it at least once in their lifetime:aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Trainers?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 09:37:51 PM »
Originally posted by humble

Hehe....he's not kidding, but it is fun in a sadistic kind of way....least till you run into a few of those babyseals a few months later during one of your rare hops in the MA and they but an A&&whupping on ya...

To me having someone I had helped train/taught beat me months or even years later is one of the most gratifying and proudest  experiences a Trainer could imagine or experience. :)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Trainers?
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 09:51:38 PM »
Woo, p51b!  ;)
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Trainers?
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2004, 07:11:17 AM »
TC is correct.

I've been lucky enough to see several people that I invested a lot of time in become great players.

All of em whip me easily in a 1 on 1.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Trainers?
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 10:39:27 AM »
Obviously there is a certain sense of satisfaction you'll get from seeing one of "your" baby seals survive and prosper in the big bad MA...however...pulling baby seal teeth from your butt as you tumble down amidst the wreckage is a somewhat perplexing and disconcerting experience. Not because of anything the baby seal or didnt do...simply because it highlights the relative decay of your skillset at the moment]

This was the original comment, I was simply commenting on how correct it was...the rewards of spending time as a trainer far outwiegh the downside...BUT...that downside is very real and was well stated in the post above...shouldn't be that way but it is...took this ex trainer a good 6 months to recover to where I was...and thats not a bar that was set all that high to begin with.

All that being said it was a great experience and I'd encourage anyone with the skill set and desire to give it a whirl.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Trainers?
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2004, 11:14:50 AM »
Originally posted by humble

[/B]

You mean to tell me, that is why I lost my hair and got stomach ulcers, dang  it all, if I had of known sooner  :(

Really though, I was just throwing in an opinion, humble, not  saying  anything different from what you pointed out. ;)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC