Author Topic: Coral Sea  (Read 5416 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2004, 10:54:04 AM »
The only TBM available is a late war variant.

Is the TBM fixed yet?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2004, 12:17:29 PM »
I've seen no patch. It's a mystery how it porked itself after having been used so long anyhoo, eh? I suspect an arena setting was the culprit all along.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2004, 06:07:05 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk

Isreal is God's chosen country. Be Damned any whom goes against it!

I think a Swastika tattoed on my bellybutton would be less offensive than this statement.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2004, 06:39:08 PM »
Its in the Bible, Bug!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2004, 06:57:50 PM »
So .. then .. like ... this thread in the CT forum took ... like ... a religious debate turn .... and it started a Jihad .... and ....

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2004, 07:15:04 PM »
lol, wait till you see where it goes next!! I hear Sun-N-Fun fly-in was last week!!!!!!!!!! I saw a modified T-6 fly over the airport. Green with a torpedo and red meatBall!!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2004, 07:34:07 PM »
I have no opinion on this matter.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2004, 07:44:47 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug
I think a Swastika tattoed on my bellybutton would be less offensive than this statement.

Nah.....way to easy.  :rofl

Agree with Grits, this horse is "over tenderized" as it is.

If Gear wants a Swastika in his Avatar and Bug wants one tattoed on his "posterior" that is their business - big fat harry deal. I am sure it will not be the end of Western Civilization as we know it and AH's Offices will not be burned to the ground during a raid by the ATF.

IMO (and I will probibaly regret saying it) the swastika should be in the game and on the tail of every German plane because it is "HISTORICAL" - it was on the real aircraft during WW2. Not because it stands for anything in particular. I realize that to some people it is distasteful and in some countries it is flat against the law to display it BUT no swastika ever killed ANYONE. It's those people that used it as a symbol of hate and to further their own ends of a Master Race and World Domination. Groups use all kinds of symbols for that - not just the swastika.

I notice not alot of people have a problem with the "Hammer and Sickle" or Red Star of Communism on the Russian planes. If you want to get right down to it the Communists of Russia, China, North Korea, Vietnam and others have killed off enough of their own people (plus many othes) to make the Nazi's look like a bunch of rank amatures.

Just my opinion. The "PC" crowd will have to deal with that as well.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 08:02:27 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2004, 08:24:18 PM »
Hell, like I said ... I could care less. I just found all the "mystic Indian good luck - read a book you ingnant tards - I'm in my happy place" bs kinda funny. :D

Offline gear

• Silver Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2004, 08:51:16 PM »
Both Grits & Arlow hve a good grasp on what this wole thred was supposed to be about,and ya never know about a cv setup until someone sets one up and trys it out.After all it could be no worse then some of those "What If" setups.

BTW Well put Jester. Let's not forget all the things that the japs did to the POW's(i.e. experimental surgery on living POW's while they where awake),but those are not as well known as what the germans did.http://www.centurychina.com/wiihist/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 09:06:49 PM by gear »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2004, 10:02:08 PM »
Thanks, Gear. I like to see possibilites in everything. Even if it takes a few experiments to get it working.

And somebody's gotta be the bad guy! I kinda like others being devoted to it. Let's me play "hero." :D

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2004, 10:06:52 PM »
Originally posted by Jester
Nah.....way to easy.  :rofl

I'm glad thoughts of my bellybutton brings pleasure to you Jester.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2004, 11:23:53 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug
I'm glad thoughts of my bellybutton brings pleasure to you Jester.

Nah, got me way wrong there sailor boy - try P6EHawk - I heard a rumor he swung that way.  Must be all the time in the Spitfire.  ;)
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Coral Sea
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2004, 11:43:28 PM »
...I think there should be NO[/i] swastikas on IJN planes. Horsemeat hamburgers anyone?

Originally posted by Arlo
Neh. We can fudge it a little. The only TBM available is a late war variant. Sub the 5s for the 2. Sub the FM2 for the F4F-4.

The "late" war variant we have is virtually identical to the original in every meaningful way, the more important factor is they were not available in May '42, but they are still a suicide plane and in real life as a torpedo bomber performed marginally (if at all) better than the TBD, it was only when they stopped using it as a torpedo bomber that the TBM earned its reputation as a great plane. To use later versions of planes when we have the correct ones is just wrong for any reason, and unnecessary in this case. I point to the last '42 Slot we ran. Look how long you could park a CV fleet right on the BEACH at an enema base, subjected to repeated suicide attacks from the "superior" USN planes and it did not get killed. I know, I personally parked the IJN fleet at A40 several times and it would stay there for hours sometimes before it died. The perceived need to protect the IJN fleets from the "superior" USN attack aircraft is....um...somewhat exaggerated IMO. Is it as easy to kill a TBM in an A6M2 as it is to kill a C-47 in a 190A8 or a 110G2? No, but that is no reason to put '43 planes in a May '42 set when we have the correct ones.

Don't agree just because the CT is a low population arena and most of the pilots will want to fly fighters. You'll never get the large attack force needed unless everyone on one side flys an attack plane.

I hate to be blunt, but so what? If this setup ran and CV fleets only got sunk once or twice during the week when squads were on to provide the necessary numbers and organization to sink one then so be it, thats as it should be. One of the most irritating aspects of AH (in all arenas) is the ability for one (insert your favorite type) tard to have the ability to have an impact. For anything of relevance to happen it should require at least a modicum of planning and organization, not just "im gonna auger-bomb the CV!"

No need. Bases should stay offmap (with associated "armed atols" on map for spawnpoints). Carrier based planes can scout. Set fuelburn at 1 or 1.2

OK, good idea. SBD's were "scout/bombers" anyway weren't they?

CVs and other ships should be set at "MA" hardness. Turn them - shoot the guns ... leave the hardness setting to norm.

Mmmm, OK I can live with that.

storch

Coral Sea
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2004, 06:39:17 AM »
ya grits fine with that except that the type 99-1 cannon rounds were modelled incorrectly causing the A6M2 driver to have to get within D150 for them to be effective.  the defensive armament on all bombers TBM & SBD included are rediculously overmodelled so the end result is typically at best 1 TBM per 120 magazine and a pilot wound minimum for most axis flyers.  this equals to *hmmm whats going on in the MA this week, or gee I haven't checked out H2H in a while*.  when thinking about set ups we need to take those very frustrating factors into consideration.  I will not participate in any scenarios that feature the A6M2 or the 109E.  I'm completely convinced I'm not alone in that decision.