Author Topic: x36f/x35t saitec demo purchase i need help.  (Read 305 times)

-towd_

x36f/x35t saitec demo purchase i need help.
« on: October 05, 1999, 12:56:00 AM »
hello all. well as the cheap bastard that i am i read this board and dream of gettin away from my marginal stick (sidewinder 3d precision pro) the rudders seem very jittery and and i fell its just of poor quality , a starter stick. well best buy here in beaumont tx had a demo on for 79 and i talked um down to 49 fot the combo stick and throttle/rudders. great so far

i couldent get it to work at all and now have seen that it must be plugged inline to the keyboard and my comp has the smaller type connectors (AT?) my question is will a couple of adapters work and do they sell them or should i call saitek?

also how is this stick worth 49 bucks? it looks great and has a nice feel.

how is saitek service(i saw where another model had spikeing probs with pots is that fixed can i perchase spares?

many people useing them, how do u set it up?

any help much appreciated

p.s. im gonna write their service or call i just figured you fellows would know more than the saitek techs.                                                                                                                                                

chisel

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 1999, 01:31:00 AM »
You might have gotten a good one or you may have a bad one :\  The pots suck on most of em it seems. But Ive had mine for 2 years and am happy. Pots lasted a year. I then gutted my CH stick and used its pots (best made IMHO) Just need to drill mounting holes slightly bigger to fit.

GET Digital asprin http://www.student.uwa.edu.au/~rlai/
Will let you do key chords, 8 way support etc.

Oh, and get any and all patches from saiteks site as well.

Never bothered with there service dept.
cant say good or bad.

Best way to setup is just play with it till its the way you like. Can send you my file if you like but you need Digital asprin.

If you want it Email me
My Email is in the profile

Adaptors will work fine.

BTW Computer designers out there, MINI DINS SUCK!!!!

Offline Sascha JG 77

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 1999, 05:37:00 AM »
Why trade an MS SW PP for a Saitek? I did the same thing about 6 months ago and the Saitek combo collects dust now on my desk. The Sidewinder feels so much better and gives you  way more control over your AC. If  I could use my CH pedals with it, it would be perfect.

Sascha

bfd

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 1999, 10:01:00 AM »
Have a Saitek 36f & 35t.  Have had much problems with them.  Pot stability.  Mine is stable now for WB. Latest S/W Launcher is available at their web site.  S/W real buggy though.  You need to install the stick as a CH Flightstick Pro (I think).  The 36f & 35t should have come with two PS2 adapters for your computer and keyboard. If not, you can buy them most places. When you load a game configuration, you must press LAUNCH button once you are in the game or else it won't scripts won't work.  Just started working with it last night but I couldn't get my throttle working.
bfd
eeyore

[This message has been edited by bfd (edited 10-05-1999).]

B-Town

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 1999, 01:16:00 PM »
I know this ain't gona help much but I have to agree with sascha. Presision Pro is better than the saitek hands down. I have got them both and I really find i am MUCH better pilot with the SWPP than the X35T

6gun

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 1999, 12:48:00 AM »
I went through 4 (four) sets of the Saitek sticks and throttles before I threw the two I couldnt give back in the trash.  Really.

F16 Combatstick, and CH Prothrottle for me, and Vario digital rudder pedals.  Perfect setup, IF there was one more 4 or 8 way switch.

Just my 200 + bucks worth  

6gun