Author Topic: Can't Land wheels up in a Yak w/ full flaps  (Read 452 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Can't Land wheels up in a Yak w/ full flaps
« on: April 23, 2004, 11:55:02 AM »
I do beleive this is only with the yaks. If you try for a wheels up landing in the yak with full flaps. Once you touch down the plane bounces so bad that it almost isntantly kills you. This problem is with both of the Yak models.

I have not found any other planes with the same problem.

Morph
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Echo

• Zinc Member
in the LA5 too
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »
AH 2.0 patch 0

I did a wheels up landing in the LA 5 yesterday. no flaps and put it down at around 185 IAS. anyway the plane skid along the runway fine, but when it came to a "stop" in bounced around like it was on a trampoline until i finally exploded :(   kinda dissapointing not to land that sortie, as i had to really work hard to stay alive, only to die at the end of it all.

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 03:57:37 PM »
I tried belly landing my 109 and when i touched down it rolled and cartwheeled an esploded...

I was only going 325 mph :confused:

Hi Morph :p

:D
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Echo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 04:26:29 PM »
seems u should die from coming in too fast right when u touch the ground. not once you've slid to a stop right on the center of the runway.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 04:59:17 PM »
185mph IAS is way too fast.

Try it again at 80mph IAS, with the RPM set to minimum, engine stopped.

Offline Echo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 05:07:12 PM »
i just tried it slower. 150 around. got it to happen 2/3 tries. once i died on impact the other two were perfect, plane slid to a complete stop with no major damage. then sat there bouncing up and down and left to right till you explode. i dont have a prob dying, by coming in to fast, but what could possibly act on the airplane at that point to cause it to explode. i filmed the last one, but u can try it offline.

and just did it again with full flaps and put it down around 90. thats about perfect landing speed. slide to a stop then bounce around for 15seconds till u go back to tower.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 05:38:09 PM by Echo »