Author Topic: Well well, what do you know?  (Read 346 times)

Offline Stiglr

• Persona non grata
  • Copper Member
Well well, what do you know?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 1999, 11:24:00 AM »
Well, guys, sorry to ruin the party here, but...

PanzerElite just went gold and should be on store shelves by the end of the month.

True, it's Western front only (no T34s to argue about), but it's the *real* thing. I suggest taking your smack talk to that game and get in some *real* tank dweebing.

------------------

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 1999, 12:47:00 PM »

Ahhhhh, old Stig, humorless character ..  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline jedi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 1999, 02:56:00 PM »
If they'd fix the six view in the Sherman it would become the new dweebmobile.

As for the Tiger II, you show me ONE combat report of somebody using the 88mm in a turning fight where they were using differential power to the tracks, and I'll eat my (other) hat switch!

--jedi

Ozymandias_KoK

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 1999, 06:12:00 PM »
Ah yes, pivot steering duels.  

And to Firefox, the frontal armor is irrelevant when you are attacking with a plane.  It's the sweetly thin top armor that should concern you.  

------------------
TKoKFKA-OZDS-

Offline fats

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 1999, 07:49:00 PM »
--- Ozsais: ---
You guys are nuts. Simulated squeaking...
--- end ---

Well one work friend of mine has .wav with a keyboard shortcut, so he can whine even when he's too tired to do it him self. Talk about lazy, even I don't go that far in automating repeatetive tasks.

//fats

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 1999, 04:45:00 AM »

Awww gawd... don't do this to me... you know I would only drive a Crusader if I wanted to commit suiside! Jeez… what do you take me for... a complete idiot

Do you want honest reply?  

Joking aside, XIX tank corps is one of the finest opponents I have privilege to meet in ground! Despite crappy tanks you guys always put up a good fight!

all you have to do is take a couple of squadies with you in Panzer IV Ausf H or J to keep those nasty T-34 red star guys away from your flanks. A man of your calibre should be able to organise that fairly easily

Hmm, I guess youre right, we can deny opponet taking advantage of our weaknesses by clever tactics. It is such a shame that there is not nearly as much books about tank tactics as there is about air combat tactics.

I don't know about my caliber, most of my kills are from hull down position and from top of the hill near enemy base  

Hey congrats... I've never had a kill streak running into 88... that's a big thumbs up from me. The nearest I ever came was 53 all in allied vehicles which then came to an end when a "firefly" dweeb bagged me in a hull down position some 2000m away... I never knew what hit me until it was all over... felt as sick as a parrot. Wish I could do aswell as you... whats your secret? Don't tell me... drive a Tiger... right?

Heh, Tiger IE period is best time for Wehrmacht dweeb and I surely take advantage of it  

Early war is very challenging (PzKw IIC and IIIE against Matilda II, oh joy   ) and late war is pretty hairy also because of Fireflys and faster than lightning Comet and Challenger. Also last day of ToD with M-26 Pershings (Tiger killer nick is not a joke) and uber JS-II's and JS-III's is a real challenge.

Nice streak you got! I bet I can never achieve anything like that in British tanks!

That 76.2mm ROQF (Royal Ordnance Quick Fire) gun firing that ridiculous high velocity shell is just way way overmodelled.

Well, You guys deserve atleast one decent gun in your arsenal  

Come to mention it you say the muzzle velocity on your 88mm is porked... try hitting "shift-a" next time and loading some AP40 shot... 915m/s muzzle velocity will make quick work of any T-34 dweeb ... but be careful you only carry 7 of them!

Argh! And now you tell me! I have fight last ToD against Soviet uber behemoths with ordinary AP rounds! No wonder I have had dificulties with them  

Thanks, will try them out as soon as I get home.

I really think your pissing in the wind on this one... the infra red sights were never used in anger during WWII and I doubt whether Pyro would model it.

My evidence migh be anecdotal at best but I still think IR should be available on last day of ToD  

Did you know that the pretty much same IR device was first used in Bf 110C-4 nightfighter in early war?

Give me manoevrability over a big gun any day... especially when the new map gets completed with lots of ground features... then we will see who the "real" men are

Heh gosh, youre right   Long range gunnery will be non issue everywhere but in Ost front arena and will demand more tactical thinking from Tiger and Panther commanders than before. But I think we will manage  

As for that Tunisia campaign I really do think we should force people to swap sides and replay the campaign. It would be really nice to make people realise what life is like when the shoe is on the other foot. You try taking on a Tiger in a Crusader or that stupid Churchill piece of crap... bloody hell... cannon fodder that's all we were...

Umm, if there is another run of this campaign with switched sides, I think I can call meself sick already  

---
Oblt jochen "Red 111" / s.Pz.Abt.503

[This message has been edited by Jochen (edited 10-08-1999).]
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Beaz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 1999, 07:17:00 AM »

Hmm, I guess youre right, we can deny opponet taking advantage of our weaknesses by
                  clever tactics. It is such a shame that there is not nearly as much books about tank
                  tactics as there is about air combat tactics.

Ah... but I have the Bovington Tank Museum sitting right on my virtual doorstep... they have the worls finest repository of tank and AFV data in the world not to mention over 300+ exibits. The library is the worlds largest to do with tanks, AFS and TACTICS  

<Beaz leans back to study Heinz Guderian's book "Panzer Leader", the modern day architect of the German Panzer force in WWII, so that those nasty Panzers don't bridge the river Meuse at Sedan..... again!!!  >

Regards

Daren aka Beaz

XIX Tank Corps