Author Topic: HQ Hardness?  (Read 166 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
HQ Hardness?
« on: December 28, 2000, 09:16:00 AM »
Hi

Does anyone think the HQ should be made a little bit tougher to knock out? With the Lancaster payload one or two guys can knock it out no problem, before when we only had the B17 it was always a major operation to kill HQ. Now it seems to happend several times a day. It seems too easy with the Lancaster and maybe we could have it made a bit tougher and restore some of the effort and organization previously needed to gain such a valuable advantage over the enemy.
I guess upping the tonnage of bombs required to kill and increasing flak coverage around HQ would do the trick. Anyone else think this would help?

thanks GRUNHERZ

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
HQ Hardness?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
I think we just need to keep an eye on our HQs.  If a couple of Lancs are inbound to an HQ, it's not that hard to figure out, and even easier to intercept and shoot them down...they pay for all of that tonnage with weak defensive guns.  If they get through, the country that pays was just caught sleeping at the wheel, IMO.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
HQ Hardness?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
Doing that would render anti-HQ missions Lancaster only.  B-17s would be nearly impotent against them.

Lancasters or perk B-29s.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-