Author Topic: Whats the funniest thing you have seen in a recent mission?  (Read 1797 times)

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Whats the funniest thing you have seen in a recent mission?
« on: April 28, 2004, 07:05:03 AM »
Joined a Stuka mission yesterday as a Knight.  Had about 20 planes lift off from a 10,000 foot high runway.  Everything was going smoothly except for one pilot by the name of FlyBye who kept cussing and complaining on the mic.  

This guy was cussing about everything, about the Stuka not having wep, about our altitude, our target, etc.    

Well, we reach the airfield we are supposed to attack.  The Ju87s drop on the fighter hangars, and all go down except for one.  FlyBye gets real excited, and starts yelling "Whos gonna get that hangar, whos hangar is that??!?!"  Well he finally decides to bomb the hangar himself.  The whole mission at this point is counting on him so we can CAP the base.

He goes into a dive from 15k, drops his bomb, misses the hangar, levels out on the deck, and then gets shot down by a hurricane that just lifted off from the field.  All this takes place within about 30 seconds.

Thats pretty fun in of itself, but then someone on a private channel said to me "Yep...hes THAT good" as we watched FlyBye's attack.  I must have laughed for 30 seconds or so, made the whole mission worth it right there.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 07:29:51 AM »
a p38 try to kill me in my tiger. funny thing is that he missed me 3 times with his bombs and rockets and on his fourth attempt to strafe me he crashed into the deck.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 07:46:43 AM »
Not exactly recent,
A bunch of 110C's 109E's and 202's taking a couple of bases in the MA.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 07:58:38 AM »
How did you guys deal with all the excietment?

lazs

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 08:17:06 AM »
Not recent, but funny enough.

I was once cruising around in a P51b at about 12k.  I had just gone to a base but they didn't need me, so I was just cruising around.

I came upon a Rook mission that had no less then 25 flights of B26's in somewhat close spread.  They also had about 10 p51d's.

Of course I dove in.  Who wouldn't?  

Anyway, that was the night I discovered the rooke "Hoarde."
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 10:02:36 AM »
CV was hitting one of our baces last night.  I take off in B26s to try and sink it.  Our base is caped so I fight my way up.  Some how I make it to 6K.  Doors open, vis on cv.  Spit on my 6. Beging firing tail guns.  Spit down but now 109 is comming in.  Take care of the 109, but a P47 is difing on my buffs.  I start shooting at him but I see flack tracers all around me (think to my self I must be close to the cv).  Spray at the 47 a little more.  He is smoking, I am smokin, flack all around, I figure I should try and trop since I am not goiing to survive this.  Switch to F6, right on time, release bombs, get kill message on the 47.  Then I figured it out.  The flack was not hurting me cause it was our own cv.  I watched the bombs miss (its agood thing I suck) made sure noone saw what I did, and landed my three kills.
:D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 10:41:28 AM »
I was gunning a formation of B17's and our pilot saw an enemy P51D heavy that just took off from a base. He dove in behind it and about D400 from the 51 I opened up with the .50 cals from all 3 planes. The 51 was blown out of the sky. (The pony was flown by Natedogg.) Here is the film of the whole thing.

http://webpages.charter.net/markbone/B17_gunning.zip
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 11:36:09 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
How did you guys deal with all the excietment?

lazs

hehe, my thought exactly

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
NOE Lancs VS. JABO F4U-C's
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 03:10:09 PM »
My squad, the Flying Zoo, was enroute to an airfield when we spotted a horde of NOE Lancs, too tasty to pass up :)

I got two with rockets, missed with my bombs, and the gentle upsloap caused a bunch to crash when they went to the gunner positions.

The F4C is just one mean airplane.

Here's the film:

http://www.easyracers.com/temp/film478.zip

g00b

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 04:51:31 PM »
Launched from a back field on auto climb since I had to go put my daughters to bed.  Took a bit longer than I thought it would.

Got back and found myself 1 base behind enemy lines at about 25k.  Wouldn't you know it, at 20k, right below me, there was a mission of heavy P-51's.

Got 3 myself, made most of the rest drop their ordnance, and pushed them down low  enough that they ran into the calvary I called.

(and yes, Virginia, they were rooks.  Who else do you meet at 20K BEHIND their own lines.)

Ouch out.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: NOE Lancs VS. JABO F4U-C's
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 05:19:21 PM »
Originally posted by g00b
My squad, the Flying Zoo, was enroute to an airfield when we spotted a horde of NOE Lancs, too tasty to pass up :)

I got two with rockets, missed with my bombs, and the gentle upsloap caused a bunch to crash when they went to the gunner positions.

The F4C is just one mean airplane.

Here's the film:

http://www.easyracers.com/temp/film478.zip

g00b

WTG!!! :aok
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 07:07:10 PM »
got 2 stories: 1st : our squade was just returning form the DA one night when one of my squadies who had left earlier gets on squade channel says hey guys come to base xxx i got a cap over here vulch light on!! we all did a quick looksey at the map and we notice he's capped one of our fields!!! so I get on the vox and say : ya got a good cap on that do ya? he was soooo proud so we up from said capped field and the CO asked him hey, u gonna vulch us?

2nd: the before mentioned squadie was flying a mission with us we were about 12k-15k he was complaining bout someone and boasting his "undisputed" greatness while telling us how he was gonna be kicking some butt so don't be killstealing
so then my CO gets on vox REAL serious says "BREAK U GOT A 262 ON YER 6!!! he then goes NUTS!! dropped to 2k before he recovered his 190 all trying to avoid that phantome 262 LOL

Had to leave out squadies name cause u all prolly know him and would just LUV to have this embaressing info. kinda a love/hate thing going with this particular squadie :rofl
cant help it FYI was rick james! LOL
those that know ...know him, others well guess ya gotta know the guy to really get the full laugh at this
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 02:53:21 AM by WilldCrd »
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 12:51:14 AM »
The Bishops, trying to imitate rook hoards :rofl
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2004, 03:06:18 PM »
This is from AW days, but is still funny. We destroy a base and my squaddies have it capped. I auger and go for a goon. I fly to said capped base and let my squaddies know that I'm so far out and to check the base. They say "all is clear" so I open my door. I'm over the base and hitting the "jump" button but no drunks are jumping out. I'm screaming over the vox "why aren't my drunks jumping out?" A squaddie pulls up next to me and tells me I'm flying a F6F. Needless to say, I'm embarrassed as you could possibly be. Needless to say, my squaddies' are having a good laugh. We still talk about it to this day.

:o

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2004, 03:26:54 PM »
Logging on last night seeing this group of shed battlers tracking an enemy cv. They report it over channel 2 and then the bunch of them launch a pork flight to kill it.
But I kill the CV and then don't say anything! The shed battlers get bent out of shape and send me a message saying it would be nice if I'd told them that I'd killed the cv so they wouldn't have waste resources on something already dead.   So I hollered back that I'm squelching him as I don't talk to 2 weekers!