Author Topic: Yellow crud  (Read 520 times)

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Yellow crud
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2004, 06:42:44 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Talking about yellow crud makes me wonder:

I have been suffering from severe abdominal cramps and pain and sometimes have bloody diarrhea. Every once in a while I have a severe urgency to have a bowel movement.  I have had a persistent fever, and have lost my appetite, so I have lost a lot of weight.  I feel worn out; tired all the time, and my wife thinks I look anemic.

Aah, prob’ly nothin’.

Sounds like bowel cancer....

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Yellow crud
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2004, 06:52:41 PM »
belated rofl Holden.   Good visuals

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Yellow crud
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2004, 07:06:09 PM »
Originally posted by txmx
Does anyone know what that yellow crud that gets stuck in your tonsils is?

congealed multiple personalities no longer in use.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: Re: Yellow crud
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2004, 07:08:33 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
congealed multiple personalities no longer in use.

LOL you are a dying breed.:aok

Offline JazzFan

• Zinc Member
Yellow crud
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2004, 11:48:31 AM »
if you smoke, eat alot of spicy food, and drink alot of soda it could be pockets that are forming in your esophagus. a friend of mine had this.

what happened is the soda and smoking wore out spots in his throat. he would regularly eat a snack just before bed too. ths doctor told him that that food wasnt getting fully "swallowed" and catching in these "pockets". it would then congeal or something, and he would cough out these yellowish foul smelling and tasting bits.

they were particles of things like ground beef that had been sticking in his throat for a week and finally getting forced out.

he's on treatment for the holes and has to take some super antacid. he also can not eat anything "hot" tempature or spice. no soda, no smoking, no beer, and foods like ground beef with small hunks has to be avoided.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Yellow crud
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2004, 11:52:29 AM »
Originally posted by JazzFan
if you smoke, eat alot of spicy food, and drink alot of soda it could be pockets that are forming in your esophagus. a friend of mine had this.

what happened is the soda and smoking wore out spots in his throat. he would regularly eat a snack just before bed too. ths doctor told him that that food wasnt getting fully "swallowed" and catching in these "pockets". it would then congeal or something, and he would cough out these yellowish foul smelling and tasting bits.

they were particles of things like ground beef that had been sticking in his throat for a week and finally getting forced out.

he's on treatment for the holes and has to take some super antacid. he also can not eat anything "hot" tempature or spice. no soda, no smoking, no beer, and foods like ground beef with small hunks has to be avoided.

I avoid spicy food at all cost.
And I have to take nexium anyways.
But I do smoke although im down to around 5 cigs a day.

Trying really hard to stop doing the zyban thing and it really helps too.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Yellow crud
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2004, 12:04:22 PM »
What... nobody cares about my bowels anymore?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline wklink

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.simhq.com
Yellow crud
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2004, 12:31:53 PM »
It's probably a Strep infection.  Although that exceedingly gross picture put out by McGroin can happen in extreme conditions (the Flesh eating bacteria is a strain of the Streptococcus bacteria) most of the time you just get a really sore throat.  If there is exudate (there's your term folks) then you probably have a full blown strep infection.  Get to a doctor and get some Trimox or some Penicillin, you generally will feel much better after about 12 hours once you start taking antibiotics.

Thing to note, the most dangerous part of the infection is not the 'flesh eating' bacteria part, that is a rare strain of the bacteria.  The most dangerous part of ignoring this is the possibility of the bacteria colonizing your heart valves.  Many people with heart murmurs have had a history of strep infections, especially those that didn't get it treated.  

Most people have heard of Scarlet Fever, a killer back in the days before antibiotics.  Scarlet Fever is a progression of the strep infection.  

Don't sit on it, there is a quick test that will tell if it is strep (involves a q-tip and your throat) and you will find out right away.
The artist formerly known as Tom 'Wklink' Cofield

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Yellow crud
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2004, 12:49:51 PM »
Let me guess you're perfectly fine. Another attention getter. And if someone really had "yellow chunky crud"  why ! are you coming to the BBS for help. See a doctor!

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Yellow crud
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »
strep throat = not fun

hurts when you sollow...........
II/JG3 DGS II