Author Topic: Min req?  (Read 332 times)

Offline 1wingnutone

• Copper Member
Min req?
« on: May 08, 2004, 09:02:19 AM »
I`m sure it`s here somewhere but I can`t find it.Other than DX 9 what are the minimum req`s for running AH2.
 I freeze up every time I try to run or it goes so slow its impossible to use.I`m guessing I don`t have enough ram (128) Win XP os.Before some one tells me to get more (ram) Believe me if I had the $$ I would......XP is a mem hog OS ain`t it
 I would love to have more like 512 but that would cost me more than I paid for this whole computer.:(

OH Man I just realized I finally hit the 100 post mark.I can`t believe I had that many dumb things to say:D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 09:04:42 AM by 1wingnutone »

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Min req?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 09:22:31 AM »
I'm running AHbeta fine on 128 mb of ddr ram.

I'm more likely to believe that either your video card or cpu isn't up for the job.

What exactly are you running?

AMD 1.6 ghz here with ati 128 mb 9000 pro video gets me between 45 & 95 fps.

Offline 1wingnutone

• Copper Member
Min req?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 10:07:04 AM »
I have Celeron 1.8ghz  I reinstalled  the beta and got a message that I don`t have zbuffer biasing and need to update video driver or I may experience flickering.I looked for such an update and there was none for my vid which is if I am looking at the right thing says I only have 32mb vid mem and its an Intel 82845G

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Min req?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 11:16:46 AM »
Reqs will be 900mhz processor, 256 mb ram, GeForce 2 or later generation video card, DirectX 9.  You will be able to run it with less than that, but that's what we feel is the minimum to maintain an adequate playing experience.

The video card that have is the roadblock for you.  A cheap video card update for that system would get you working.

Offline 1wingnutone

• Copper Member
Min req?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 03:50:30 PM »
OK ,I figured I was gonna need to put something into it ......I played with all the settings and did manage to get it running but the best I could squeeze was 4fps..6 looking down in the seat:rofl

Ah well whatever I  need to buy is worth it to play the best game this side of the Milky Way....

thanks for the help