Author Topic: Who's the liar Rumsfeld or the red cross?  (Read 586 times)

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Who's the liar Rumsfeld or the red cross?
« on: May 10, 2004, 03:07:39 PM »
Rumsfeld said their where abstract reproaches in January 2004 but detailed infomation he got only recently.
A secret dossier of the red cross says that since October 2003 the US government had detailed infomation of the prisoner abuse.
So who's the liar?

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 03:11:29 PM »
These two stories do not contradict each other.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Re: Who's the liar Rumsfeld or the red cross?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 03:13:44 PM »
Originally posted by Duedel
Rumsfeld said their where abstract reproaches in January 2004 but detailed infomation he got only recently.
A secret dossier of the red cross says that since October 2003 the US government had detailed infomation of the prisoner abuse.
So who's the liar?

The one who lie from the begin ? :D

post link please

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 03:24:24 PM »
Originally posted by ra
These two stories do not contradict each other.

Please explain.

Source (sry german) www.spiegel.de

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 05:31:52 PM »
The Red Cross says the US government  got detailed reports in October 2003.   Rumsfeld says he didn't see them until recently.   He may be lying but nothing in these two stories prooves that.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 05:42:18 PM »
As the defense secretary of the US Mr. Rumsfeld is a member of the US government and should knew it first (or he missed his vocation). So i still dont understand ur inital question, but anyway, someone seams to lie and i really dont know what motif the red cross could have but Mr. Rumsfeld (as one of my favorite ***) surely has one ... or two ....

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 06:36:10 PM »
Originally posted by ra
The Red Cross says the US government  got detailed reports in October 2003.   Rumsfeld says he didn't see them until recently.   He may be lying but nothing in these two stories prooves that.

If the US recieved reports in October, then Rumsfeld was briefed of them. If he was not there is something seriously wrong.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 06:55:44 PM »
Originally posted by Duedel
As the defense secretary of the US Mr. Rumsfeld is a member of the US government and should knew it first (or he missed his vocation). So i still dont understand ur inital question, but anyway, someone seams to lie and i really dont know what motif the red cross could have but Mr. Rumsfeld (as one of my favorite ***) surely has one ... or two ....

WOW i guess our secdef should probably be ominipotent if he should be required to know EVERYTHING.  THIS IS A POLITICAL SMEAR CAMPAIGN.  

Fight terrorist....make sure prisoners have cable tv and air con..........fight terrorits.....make sure prisoners have a nice queen sized w/ all the anemities?   Decisions decisions

It still hasnt occured to people that this kind of thing happens and the Army has done everything it can/allowd to bring those responsible to justice.

I suppose prisoners are treated like royalty in Germany Huh?

OR I guess, according to you, every Nazi/govt official in Germany during WWII should be tried w/ warcrimes.  They were a member of the Nazi party and should have known the holocost was taking place.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 06:58:11 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 06:59:04 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
WOW i guess our secdef should probably be ominipotent if he should be required to know EVERYTHING.  THIS IS A POLITICAL SMEAR CAMPAIGN.  

Fight terrorist....make sure prisoners have cable tv and air con..........fight terrorits.....make sure prisoners have a nice queen sized w/ all the anemities?   Decisions decisions

It still hasnt occured to people that this kind of thing happens and the Army has done everything it can/allowd to bring those responsible to justice.

I suppose prisoners are treated like royalty in Germany Huh?

OR I guess, according to you, every Nazi/govt official in Germany during WWII should be tried w/ warcrimes.  They were a member of the Nazi party and should have known the holocost was taking place.

What does the war in iraq have  to do with the war on terrorism?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 07:04:59 PM »
Originally posted by StabbyTheIcePic

people being blown up by suicide bombers at religious gatherings....terrorism, yes or no?

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2004, 07:05:04 PM »

Someone, and by that I mean a country, had to pay for 9/11. That’s not Nationalism or Imperialism; it’s just basic foreign policy.  Afghanistan doesn’t count.  It hardly a country and it’s not Arab.  That's where Iraq comes in. It’s Arab and it has oil. What better way to show the governments in the region what’s going to happen if they support Terrorist?   It's not that hard to understand.

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 07:52:01 PM »
GScholz,

It happened because in every way you judge a society or culture the Arab's are failures.  When they were given the choice of correcting there own deficiencies or attacking a success (The West) they made the wrong choice.  Too bad for them....

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 08:09:47 PM »

Sadaam Husein supported, harbored and trained terrorist.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 08:28:15 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
Sadaam Husein supported, harbored and trained terrorist.

Hmmm, guess again.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 08:29:29 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
people being blown up by suicide bombers at religious gatherings....terrorism, yes or no?

When it is iraqis in their own country and their reason is to kick us out i would label it as insurgance or resitance. Of course if you want to go back through history and relabel all partisans as terrorists be my guest.