Author Topic: Gaming the Game....  (Read 10445 times)

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2004, 06:16:18 AM »
Morpheous - TY for that link.  

Wildcrd - if that was the link you were talking about - It says they take cheating seriously.  It does not say it is a forbidden subject.  there are at least two people that have admitted to cheating but yet I see them on line every day.  I don't see how this goes in line with the link from Morph.  Wildcrd - if you find a better link let me know BRO - I will be happy to read it.   I don't have to be around to long to know human nature.  Some people would not defend others so strongly if the didn't feel a bit of guilt.  At least that has been my expirience in life.  Depends on what the definition of is is  as one famous lier said.   :)

Morph

:p  Wildcrd

Oh...thinking of a new thead  " cheaters favorite cheats"

Kind of has a ring to it.  LOL

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2004, 07:53:42 AM »
Here's one:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108011&highlight=cheating

Here's what he said:

My belife is it dosn't happen. Im sure it has been tried. But think what realy happens when you disconect. You fly straight while you are disconected, and also the plane you are fighting also warps just exactly like the player who discoed.

There are other more likely conditions which can cause a plane to jump back. These I will not discuss "so don't bother to ask" because they involve very propriaty techniques.

The accusations of cheating are much more of a problem than any cheating happening.

quote:Ultimately, the decision is up to HTC and my point in starting this thread was to raise awareness. We don't tolerate vulgarity, racism, or sexism, and I think this should be on the same level.

This type of statement is exactly the problem. Raiseing awareness is exactly what shouldn't be done. Bring a problem directly to us is what should be done. By starting this thread im sure there are now people trying it, and finding out it dosn't realy give you any advantage.

Im about ready to take the flip side and ban anyone who makes a false acusation of some one cheating. It can hurt AH just as much as any real cheating can.

So Im closing this tread, And be warned I will no longer tolerate ANY discusion of cheating on this bbs. If you feel some one is cheating Film it and send it to HTC.

HiTech

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 08:20:14 AM by WilldCrd »
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #332 on: May 22, 2004, 08:30:02 AM »
Wildcrd - TY for that link.  I have been reading the BBS for for awhile.  Not sure how I missed that thread.  It refered to accusations of cheating and I feel this is a different situation where it has been addmitted and documented (until removed by HTC).
 I am awaiting a reply to my e-mail to HTC and will say no more on this subject.

Peace

:)

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2004, 08:31:14 AM »
Originally posted by MaddogWx
Wildcrd - TY for that link.  I have been reading the BBS for for awhile.  Not sure how I missed that thread.  It refered to accusations of cheating and I feel this is a different situation where it has been addmitted and documented (until removed by HTC).
 I am awaiting a reply to my e-mail to HTC and will say no more on this subject.

Peace

No problemo
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2004, 12:04:48 PM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
Here's one:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108011&highlight=cheating

Here's what he said:

My belife is it dosn't happen. Im sure it has been tried. But think what realy happens when you disconect. You fly straight while you are disconected, and also the plane you are fighting also warps just exactly like the player who discoed.

There are other more likely conditions which can cause a plane to jump back. These I will not discuss "so don't bother to ask" because they involve very propriaty techniques.

The accusations of cheating are much more of a problem than any cheating happening.

quote:Ultimately, the decision is up to HTC and my point in starting this thread was to raise awareness. We don't tolerate vulgarity, racism, or sexism, and I think this should be on the same level.

This type of statement is exactly the problem. Raiseing awareness is exactly what shouldn't be done. Bring a problem directly to us is what should be done. By starting this thread im sure there are now people trying it, and finding out it dosn't realy give you any advantage.

Im about ready to take the flip side and ban anyone who makes a false acusation of some one cheating. It can hurt AH just as much as any real cheating can.

So Im closing this tread, And be warned I will no longer tolerate ANY discusion of cheating on this bbs. If you feel some one is cheating Film it and send it to HTC.

HiTech

:rolleyes:

That's not HiTech.
243 words and 12 spelling errors... it can't be him.

eskimo

Offline Don

• Silver Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2004, 08:55:45 AM »
>But when they run into a pilot such as yourself that has taken the time to learn the art of air combat, these twits usually go down in flames after the first turn. Then they whine about how you cheated to shoot them down because they are so super-duper-uber-I-pwnd-jooz 733t<

Yup, that sums it up :aok

Offline Don

• Silver Member
Gaming the Game....
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2004, 09:02:34 AM »
>It is actually impossible to use the Rank/Scores database for anything meaningfull because of the inability to control the behavior of individuals in the community, as we see here, and have in the past.<

And not only here but, in other combat sims as well.
I have 3 kids who play computer games and console games. They routinely go to a webpage somewhere, and copy published cheat codes to enhance their performance/scores. I shake my head and move on; I expect that from kids. I don't expect or understand it in a predominately adult group of gamers. Now what a dweeb is doing by opening a second account isn't cheating; IMO it is dweebery in an extreme sense; not to mention expensive. But they do it to gain some sort of advantage. It isn't going to stop so move on, and keel the bastids whenever you see them ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 09:11:38 AM by Don »