Author Topic: 4 kills and 0 deaths in the arena today.. yet it was not fun at all  (Read 2107 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
I decided to fly an F4u-1D today since everybody thinks that plane sucks so bad.  

On my first sortie, I encountered a lower Spit V.  I am above him and slightly behind.  As I begin to decend.. I have an AoA of about 25 degrees.  When I close to about 1.3k, the spit pulls up and tries to bring his nose around on me.  He made the move too late and I rattle his plane with about 20 pings before diving under him while he is climbing and inverted.  I am rewarded with seeing wings, tail and various other body parts floating towards the ground.

As I watched the thing again on a film later, I saw the pilots reaction to an excellent shot on a plane that could not possibly of had cannons on me:

cavemanj: ask that stupid nit hawg driver

It seems that there had been a discussion on why so many people are HO'ing in the arena.  This discussion migrated to why 1Cs are so overmodeled followed by virtually every other whine imaginable.

So... for those that feel they need an excuse for every time they are shot down... wether its "HO DWEEB", "CANNON DWEEB", "SPIT DWEEB" or whatever... might I make a suggestion:

GET OVER IT!

Sheesh

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
4 kills and 0 deaths in the arena today.. yet it was not fun at all
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2000, 03:45:00 PM »
By the way.. turning into an aircraft and then calling him an HO dweeb is one of the benifits of only two people really knowing what happened.  I have a recording of the incident Cavey... lets see yours.

A nice shot on a turning plane... nobody else saw.. so the victim gets to get on the radio and imply it was a HO

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2000, 03:58:00 PM »
How can the spit driver complain about a ho, when he was the one that went for it in the first place?  Personally, this is about the best evasive a plane can make when you are booming down on it.  (For you that is.   )  If he can't get his guns around in time, you have a slow, barely moving target to shoot at.  If he can, you can zoom up and come back down with him at an even bigger E disparity.  I wouldn't worry about it too long AKDejaVu, it sounds to me like the spit driver was just mad at himself for evading too late.  (Who knows, maybe he had a bad day too? LOL)

bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2000, 04:14:00 PM »
AK...I agree 100%.  We (everyone) must remember it is a GAME and not to get so angry.  We all HO from time to time, We all Vultch, We all are dweebs!  It takes the fun out of it when a few imature people cry about it.  I would like to see people band together on this as its usually the same people!!  Way to go AK that was good flying!!

No Whiners!!!!    Skernsk

[This message has been edited by skernsk (edited 03-29-2000).]

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2000, 04:17:00 PM »
You only hear them whine when they lose.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2000, 04:35:00 PM »
I've noticed that the spitty's are very prone to reverse into a higher con. I'm not sure if it's my connection or a general truism...but I'm amazed how often I'll get nailed by a reversing spit that seems to get an instant kill on that same move while my bullet stream passes harmlessly thru the cockpit. Now on occasions it's a well timed move by a good stick (DMF comes to mind) who really does get up around and out of plane...but 95% of the time it's a joke.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2000, 04:39:00 PM »
Deja,

its not worth to be upset, i know this kind
of virtual Pilots, ah.. since beta FC days. They need an excuse everytime they got shoot
down, no matter what way. It's there character. This will not change today, nor in
future, so let them talk on buffer and you fly your next combat, so both have there fun  

H2H ladder, there's no talk, there's only   one Nr.#1

btw. he should do a split-s, and not pull up
     just my tip  

Gh0stFT
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2000, 05:03:00 PM »
Torque is right, most people love gaming when it is going their way.  I'm guilty of it too, when I get shot down, my first instict is to yell and swear, then type something offensive into the radio.  I refrain from the latter, and the former has the wife wondering WTF is wrong with me.

I'm don't make excuses, if I get out turned/shot, that's life, but I really, really, REALLY hate losing at anything.

I'll say this though, there are some gracious losers out there, and it seems the best pilots take getting shot down the best (i.e. Torque...caught him in a 4v1 and got some hits on him..he goes down..and doesn't say toejam, when I clearly deserved it since I was in a Barbie-fire and bounced him after he shot down 3 others...even when I yanked his chain in good humour he just smiles...(S)! to Torque IMO.

[This message has been edited by Gman (edited 03-29-2000).]

Heckel

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2000, 08:58:00 PM »
Deja-

Talk to some other pilots and ask them how many times Cavey has pissed his pampers on the open channel when they've CLEANED HIS CLOCK.  He's an extraordinarily poor loser.  (or maybe he's just a loser...period.)

The other night,I waxed him in a p38- he was in a 38 as well, so the match was even- and as his charred remains fluttered to earth, he called me chickenshit and a coward on open channel.  He wouldn't explain himself, and I was forced to kill him repeatedly.  He's just a little girlie-man, Deja- so don't take it so hard.

Lemme know if you run across him again.  If I'm online, I'll be delighted to send him straight to hell.

-Heckel
JG2

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2000, 09:38:00 PM »
Nobody killed by HOg would assume it wasn't the cannon Hog. The F4U-1c you fly, The F4U-1d you try  

As for Spits, I agree. Especially Spit V is very good at reversing into a HO. Make 350-400 IAS approach from 1500 yards, it will still be able to turn into a HO and most likely take you out if you accept it  

Just recently I saw my first Spit avoiding the HO. I was so thrilled I was about to film it  

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2000, 06:29:00 AM »
As a cannon "HAWG" flyer, I NEED the firepower since as a fighter jock I suk....
(check my stats, you'll see)

I'm amazed at the number of spits that'll reverse back into me then scream about HO's....

------------------
GreyBeard, Squadron Leader
Commander, "E" Flight, Aces High
Senior Staff Council
"The Skeleton Crew"
"Fly with Honor"[/i]
"Keepin' the Faith"

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2000, 06:52:00 AM »

Originally posted by Hristo:
Just recently I saw my first Spit avoiding the HO. I was so thrilled I was about to film it  

Can't believe you.... ....a Spit avoiding a HO????? I see them going for the HO over'n over, spraying'n praying all the time, and, curiously, getting kills  

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2000, 08:24:00 AM »

Originally posted by Hristo:

This is bull Hristo. Probably fact that you yourself making HO evasives make you think so, but at least every 4th spit HO aproach is evasive here.

Still it is a lot of HO seeking spits, probably due to fact that spits are flied by the novice pilots mostly, who can not use it right. In a duels against almost all planes here spit has advantage, so no reason to go for HO.

Fariz

Offline fats

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2000, 02:37:00 PM »
At the time when no Fw 190 was available and the Bf 109 wouldn't fly straight when trimmed, I flew Spitfire Mk.IX. I actually got called a dweeb ( or was it a chicken or some such ) for not HOing by wardog. To each his own I guess...

//fats

CANNON

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2000, 04:22:00 PM »
 ignore WD. He is suicidal.